Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]

Author Topic: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)  (Read 223031 times)

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lazy Mac Pack (v0.47.05)
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2022, 05:17:44 pm »

I'm not sure exactly when the next release of DFHack will be out, but I wanted to give you a heads up that in order to support DFHack's work on usability and in-game configuration, the dfhack init files (dfhack*.init, onLoad*.init, onMapLoad*.init, and the others) will be moving from the DF root directory to dfhack-config/init/.

the dfhack.history file (along with all other history files) will also be moving to dfhack-config/

For the pack, I think this means the following changes:
  • a pre-generated dfhack.init does not need to be distributed. a default (~empty) dfhack-config/init/dfhack.init file will be generated on first run, and all dfhack defaults are now loaded automatically. only custom changes made by the player need to go in the dfhack-config/init/dfhack.init file now.
  • dfhack_PyLNP.init and onMapLoad_PyLNP.init need to move to the dfhack-config/init/ directory. This may require code changes in the LNP since the file read/write locations will need to be updated (can the path be changed easily in PyLNP.json?).
  • the reference to <df>/dfhack.history in PyLNP.json will need to change to <df>/dfhack-config/dfhack.history

I filed a request for upstream LNP for some of this: https://github.com/Pidgeot/python-lnp/issues/181 but you might be able to make all the required changes in just the configs.

Shepanator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2022, 07:17:34 am »

Download link has been dead for a few days now. Anybody got a mirror download?

ball

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 12, 2022, 05:22:45 pm »

FWIW I tried the large pack and it doesn't work on my m1 macbook (I didn't change any settings).

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 12, 2022, 09:42:35 pm »

What doesn't work about it?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

ball

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 15, 2022, 05:02:05 am »

Sorry, I found some errors which I was able to solve but not others (also been busy dealing with frozen pipes).

Lazy Mac Pack.app launches (Intel binary, so I need rosetta 2 installed).

Vanilla install with no change in settings it complains "Tileset not found; Not found: data/art/curses_640x300.png"

I double clicked Vettlingr 32x which installed that tileset and the app actually launched! UNFORTUNATELY it's an Intel binary (confirmed with Activity Monitor) so I can expect less than ideal speeds using this pack, so I'm looking for alternatives. I'm not sure if this version quits cleanly (quit from the main menu). I think it does, but it takes a long time (like a slow minute).

Anyway, if you have an Intel mac I'd say it works great so long you install a tileset.

Edit: Apparently there is no native support, period. I thought the official release had it, but I'm clearly mistaken. Rosetta is the only option, currently, it seems.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 05:21:28 am by ball »

Urist McAllester

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: April 02, 2024, 01:07:53 pm »

(Longtime lurker, first forum post - sorry for the super wide code quote?) My copy of the LMP now just crashes on startup in my Intel Mac. DF installs run fine, but the Lazy Mac Pack.app gives a mac Problem Report including the following after crashing ~1s after the program icon appears in the dock.

Code: [Select]
{"app_name":"PyLNP","timestamp":"2024-04-02 13:00:33.00 -0500","app_version":"PyLNP v0.13b","slice_uuid":"bf49dffd-4686-38a3-9c14-bec2d0679786","build_version":"","platform":1,"bundleID":"Lazy Mac Pack","share_with_app_devs":1,"is_first_party":0,"bug_type":"309","os_version":"macOS 12.7.4 (21H1123)","incident_id":"E9603C51-CB51-4981-ACC3-73B948C820C1","name":"PyLNP"}
The issue recurs with new installs/downloads of the LMP, I think it might be from an OS update. Arranging my own install of PyLNP does not generate this issue, and gives a functional LNP (I updated the ruby dfdl script to python to generate it: https://github.com/omnes-ludunt/dfdl). However, I have trouble fully integrating the utilities from the LMP so I may have to abandon my forts :(
« Last Edit: April 02, 2024, 01:10:52 pm by Urist McAllester »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]