Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 1  (Read 46753 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 0
« Reply #195 on: May 31, 2016, 08:11:21 am »

I Teleport in, grab the swine, and teleport to a diffrent part of the caves.
(just a question, but how can stone swine survive without casualty, but only have 4 remain?)

((Starvation, the ones who survived probably resorted to cannibalism))

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 31, 2016, 08:17:21 am »

Luxlin stands and goes to  check on her light beings.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 31, 2016, 09:56:12 am »

... okay. Change courses from "Advanced Warfare" to "Introduction to the way of martial arts for the less gifted", also known as 'Hitting People 101'.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 31, 2016, 11:54:54 am »

(just a question, but how can stone swine survive without casualty, but only have 4 remain?)

((Starvation, the ones who survived probably resorted to cannibalism))
((Yup, starvation. I was tired so I didn't expand on this))

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 31, 2016, 02:49:02 pm »

... okay. Change courses from "Advanced Warfare" to "Introduction to the way of martial arts for the less gifted", also known as 'Hitting People 101'.
Select the top students of War 101 and bless them with eternal beauty and a magic weapon
No sig yet

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2016, 03:02:33 pm »

"Please brethren I need your help to create the seasons and night! For the good of our creations please assist me!"

Use any excess energy/ether to raise the sky higher
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:27:33 pm by Atian the Elephantman God »

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2016, 03:03:56 pm »

[[Sorry atian to busy conquering a town]]
No sig yet

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2016, 03:14:20 pm »

[A town of 10 people.]

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2016, 03:26:44 pm »

((You really Need to use all your energy to conquer a  small town of 10 people))

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2016, 03:36:03 pm »

Perhaps we can create a cloud, which brings darkness and seasons. It will form at the ocean I created, and then travel across the world we have created. It will black out the golden sky, creating a "night."

Every two months, the clouds will bring a special weather pattern with them. The first one will be hot and wet, the second, hot and dry, the third, cold and dry, and the fourth, cold and wet. After the cloud passes, the weather will stay that way until the next seasonal cloud passes.

Then, each land is able to cancle an effect of these weather patterns. The Black Savannah can ignore the cold effects for example.

This does mean that if you want your home to have seasons, you have to help us, because we are only putting in enough energy to make it cover the Black Savannah.

((count it up please))
« Last Edit: May 31, 2016, 03:47:22 pm by Wozzy »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2016, 03:57:47 pm »

Perhaps we can create a cloud, which brings darkness and seasons. It will form at the ocean I created, and then travel across the world we have created. It will black out the golden sky, creating a "night."

Every two months, the clouds will bring a special weather pattern with them. The first one will be hot and wet, the second, hot and dry, the third, cold and dry, and the fourth, cold and wet. After the cloud passes, the weather will stay that way until the next seasonal cloud passes.

Then, each land is able to cancle an effect of these weather patterns. The Black Savannah can ignore the cold effects for example.

This does mean that if you want your home to have seasons, you have to help us, because we are only putting in enough energy to make it cover the Black Savannah.

((count it up please))
((Count it up as in calculate the cost ? If it is just a moving black mass/veil casting a "spell" monthly, it should be far less costly than what I put in the previous turn.

Mmh. With the Continental Spell Range, it would cost around 4000 / 200.
If the spell isn't a Law, and is exclusive to the "Artifact", you won't need to create a Law, but I will probably add something like 800 / 40 or 400 / 20 to the base cost.))

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2016, 04:20:59 pm »

((yes please!

I would like to have a vote between everyone:

How often will these clouds generate (how often will we have "night")

A. Once a month
B. Once a week
C. Once every 24 hours
D. Other

How long will these clouds stay over each region per cycle (how long will night last)

A. A week.
B. 24 hours
C. 8-12 hours
D. Other

How often will the seasonal clouds appear. Note that the seasons will last until the next seasonal cloud comes, so the duration is built in.

A. Every 3 months
B. Every 2 months
C. Every months
D. Other

My personal choices:

A,B, and B.

((I'm also assuming that the less frequent they are, the more merciful you will be with energy cost, Nakeen.))

This shouldn't effect the individual ecosystem's rain or snow generation. Tampering with the cloud generating artifact should be difficult,  but blocking its effect from your reagion should only be a small cost. If you want to block off any or all weather effects, it should be relatively easy to do.))

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2016, 04:39:20 pm »

(I vote C A C A)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2016, 04:40:02 pm »

((I'm also assuming that the less frequent they are, the more merciful you will be with energy cost, Nakeen.))
((Exactly. All Artifacts can generate some energy to power themselves, and depending on the frequency, it may or may not use too much energy than it can produce naturally.

When used by a god, the Artifact will never run out of power as long as the god has Energy left.
But when independent or used by some lesser being, the Artifact will use its own power. For these, it could be smart to give an auxiliary power source.
Simple example :
An Artifact sword that can emit flames. Simple. When a mortal takes the sword, it will burn, and if the mortal overuses the powers of the Sword, the flames will eventually run out.
One could then add the following to the Sword : it consumes blood/flames/courage/something to refill its energy reserves.
The only rule to the Resource must be that it is either an "Element" as in something that can be interacted with physically. Any "Mental" Resource will be seen as a subdivision of the "Mind" resource.

[And Yes. I just made it up :D]

Oh and of course, I won't keep track of Artifact power left. I will just do it on an interpretation basis.

Sorry if it seems like I'm over complicating things when you all just want to create a Day/Night cycle. But I'm being strict for this because if I don't properly set rules/limitations over an effect affecting a huge area, I fear game-breaking alterations may appear.

GM thought:
If Day/Night could be created for the whole World cheaply, then it would mean one could easily create an effect killing off all mortals of the world easily. Or even screw everything up easily.))

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »

(I vote C A C A)
((Judging from the letter choices and strikethrough choice...I can hypothesize your overall location.))
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 34