Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34

Author Topic: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 1  (Read 46550 times)

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 0
« Reply #345 on: June 05, 2016, 05:16:41 pm »

I guess it's time to move on.

De-ravage the Black Savannah. Regrow the grass there.

Head to the Dead Mountain. See what lifeforms are there.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 0
« Reply #346 on: June 05, 2016, 06:45:31 pm »

Half done with status update.

Populations and Ether gained during sleep added.

Edit: Whole status finished. Go nuts !
« Last Edit: June 05, 2016, 07:17:57 pm by Nakéen »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: Legacy of the Protearchs II (RTD/God Game) - IC (9/9) : Era 1
« Reply #347 on: June 05, 2016, 08:45:36 pm »

Following the Creation of Golemancy, I will LVL up, to finish off I Will Create one or two "Sky Shifters" Directly From Earth on the Surface.
Spoiler: Sky Shifters (click to show/hide)
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 05, 2016, 09:44:09 pm »

Turn back to my true form and create "Kurkan" a large axe made of the finest metals in the Black Savana combined with the element that turns the grass black. It will be given to the greatest leader out of all the Elephantmen tribes!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 06, 2016, 04:30:56 am »

Era 1 - Turn 1: The Divine Meeting

Divine Meeting (Saraab, Kahn, Resoonman, Innanis)
Quote from: The Divine Meeting
Call the other divine entities to a meeting.
Saraab : I have called you here to discuss what happened before we went to sleep, and to find who is responsible for what.
I believe we should go in chronological order. Kahn and Proelior: what was it that triggered your anger?

Kahn : "ressemon or whatever that cheating honorless thief calls himself stole 5 of my precious amazons, Kahns form shifts to her alt "But I'm willing to forgive, since the 5 amazons turned out to be the mothers of a new honorable race"

Saraab : Kahn has dropped the accusations, and seeing how both groups managed to flourish, there doesn't seem to be a need to repay for the stolen lifeforms.

On to more serious issues...who feels Kahn should be held responsible for her carelessness?

Resoonman : "I do... as she destroyed most of the underworld I had worked on..."

Kahn : "Well you stole my daughters so I think we are even"

Innanis : "I hold you responsible for the deaths of two races, One in the world before and One in this world. I will have vengeance for the destruction of both!"

Resoonman : How do you know about the past world? What did Arca tell you? And how could you have had past creations?

Innanis : "That is none of your concern, Brother. This is between Me and Her."

Saraab : "If you remember another world, then Who, or rather What  Are you..?"

Luxlin arrives to the meeting.
Luxlin : "Yes!?"
She seems to be smiling a little  still shivering surprisingly.

Saraab : "If no one else has anything to say, then we will adjourn this meeting.
Saraab the Clockwork Guardian, strongest of the Gods, calls for a Divine Meeting. The issue to be resolved being the acts of violence Kahn is guilty off, started because of a felony of Resoonman Exmel Rastara.

Form Shift: True to Alt (Kahn) -1000 Energy
Surprisingly, both guilty parties present themselves to the meeting. After a short exchange, Kahn shifts to her Alternate Form, taking upon the appearance of a blonde haired woman with an unnatural flowing white dress. She forgives Resoonman, and the issue is solved.

But Innanis Dominus surprises everyone present by mentioning events of another Universe, showing he possessed knowledge he shouldn't have. Distressed by these statements, the Gods feel uneasy, and don't get any answer from the elusive Innanis.

Kahn
Quote from: Bluexdog
Kahn turns to the protrearch "How does he know of the past world?"

Appear before the amazon tribes and give them my name, also greet the gorks and the asoon amazons, see if the 5 amazon champions are still alive
Introduce a male species to the tribal amazons, they will be male and strong also try and make them stop killing men
After the meeting, Kahn goes to Arca for answers. Stoic as ever, she answers the following :
"I cannot reveal the conversation we had in the closed space, but I told him nothing. As per the new directives approved by the Protearchs, I am to stand neutral and not interfere in your future conflicts. As such, you will have to go to Innanis for answers."

With that out of the way, Kahn leaves for her Amazons.

Allred Amazons:
[3] Kahn appears before the Amazons of the Allred Forest, revealing herself as Kahn the goddess of Love and Hate, and the goddess of Hate they revere.
Kahn is well-met by her people, who recognizes her divinity and kneels in adoration.
But the revelation that Kahn is also a deity of Love causes a great turmoil in their faith and morals. Love is inexistent in Allred Amazons society, Love is weakness and useless. There is only Strength and Hate.
+Morals: Love > Unthinkable
+Religion: Doubts and growing split

Before the Allred can ask anything, Kahn disappears, leaving them distressed and confused.

Asoon Amazons:
[4] Despite not revering any God, the Gorks and Asoon Amazons always kept detailed archived of their history, as way to never commit the errors of the past again. As such, they know of Kahn once she appears, as the first texts of their history mentioned that "Amazons came from another land, created by a red-haired Goddess".
They welcome the Goddess with fear and respect, knowing full well they should not mess with a divine being.
+Gork Empire: Respect Gods
+Gork Empire: Know of Kahn
+Gork Empire: Great Archives

To her dismay, the 5 original Amazons are long dead. She can feel their souls inside her, their memories and everything they went though.

Once again she leaves abruptly, leaving the mortals confused.

Back to Allred:
[I need numbers if you want to create a male variant, or I will automatically create 10]
Kahn uses 120 Energy
and 120 Ether
Creation Success Roll: [4]
Kahn creates 10 male Amazons. Men with the same hair and eyes coloration, and with a body incredibly muscular. The natural Amazons were already stronger than usual, but the male ones ended up far stronger than any Amazon. One of them could lift thrice what a normal Amazon could lift.

Influence Roll: [2]
Kahn introduces the strong males, hoping they will be met with love and care. But she miscalculated the difference in values of the current Amazons with the ones she created in the original Era. Strength is still a mark of respect, but only amongst Amazons. They don't even recognize the male Amazons as their own, seeing them more as strong Humans.

As such Kahn sees the Amazon fight and imprison the 10 males. Even with their strength, they couldn't do much naked and outnumbered.
+10 Males: Imprisoned

Influence Roll: [6]>[3]
Kahn speaks to the Amazons and tell them to stop killing men. The Amazons are convinced by their goddess, instead deciding to make them their slaves. As for females of other species, they just kill them anyway.
+Amazons: Enslave males of other species
+Amazons: Kill females of other species

Drakieng the Elephant Lord
Quote from: Atian the Elephantman God
Drakieng appears in the sky of the Black Savana

"It is good to be back! Elephantmen it is time to rule the Dark Savana, you are the true kings of the Savana!"

Go into my alternative form and help the Elephantmen find and use metals to create armor and weapons.

"Use them wisely."

Turn back to my true form and create "Kurkan" a large axe made of the finest metals in the Black Savana combined with the element that turns the grass black. It will be given to the greatest leader out of all the Elephantmen tribes!
Form Shift: True to Alt (Drakieng) -750
Drakieng put on a gray suit made of elephant hide. He can already feels himself being more influential.

[5] [Influence+1] Drakieng appears before the Elephantmen, wearing his superb suit.
They immediately all raise their hands to the skies and shouts the name of the Great Elephant Spirit : Drakieng.
He shouts with a strong and inspiring voice : "It is good to be back! Elephantmen it is time to rule the Dark Savana, you are the true kings of the Savana!"

+Religion: Adore "Great Spirit Drakieng"
+Moral: Rulers of the Savannah

Then he works on helping the Elephantmen find metals in the Black Savannah.

Teaching Roll: [1]>[5]
Teaching mining to the Elephantmen reveals itself far harder than Drakieng thought. The very concept of metal is alien to them, and digging in the ground is contrary to their values : they believe the Earth is alive and will punish them if they desecrate her. Only shamans and Elephantmen having gained the blessing of the spirits of the land are allowed to dig.

Oh, and it turns out that Elephantmen always fought bare naked. Drakieng teaches them of light and protective armors, which they understand easily and accept with wide open arms. They make their armors out of leather and wood.
+Belief: Earth is alive, digging forbidden
+Technology: Light/Resistant Armors (Leather/Wood)

Form Shift: Alt to True (Drakieng) -750
Cost: 50>40 (Creation)
Drakieng uses 40 Energy
Drakieng then puts back on his black and white suit, and extracting metal from the earth with his powers, he create a black regal axe. Taller and larger than humans, it is even huge by Elephantman standards. Black and glittering, it is a marvel of craftselephantmanship, far beyond anything a mortal could create.

Furthermore, the divine fire into which it was forged imbued it with unusual properties. All the elements of Drakieng can be seen pulsing in the blade, making it a formidable weapon.

Raising it, Drakieng shouts : "KURKAN !"

And all Elephantmen shouted in unison "KURKAN ! KURKAN !"

He then presented Kurkan to the greatest Elephantman leader : Babar the Tusk of Might.
+Artifact: Kurkan / Black axe filled with Drakieng's elements
+Historic Figure: Babar the Tusk of Might / Wield Kurkan

Resoonman Exmel Rastara
Quote from: crazyabe
I try working a form of magic into the world...
Spoiler: Golemancy (click to show/hide)

Following the Creation of Golemancy, I will LVL up, to finish off I Will Create one or two "Sky Shifters" Directly From Earth on the Surface.
Spoiler: Sky Shifters (click to show/hide)
Magic Law [Minor]
[A simple and easy to use magic that doesn't try to be too big, I like this for a first Law !]
Cost: 5000 / 100
Resoonman uses 5000 Energy
and 100 Ether
Law Creation Success Roll: [3]
Resoonman is the first to attempt to fiddle with the hidden lines that compose the world. Weaving new threads and writing new words, he easily creates 'Golemancy' as he calls it.
He feels relief upon completion, as creating laws is easier than he thought.

Then he consumes a large quantity of Ether, increasing his powers.
Resoonman Exmel Rastara consumes 500 Ether to ascend to Stage 3
Energy Capacity increased to 20000
Ether Capacity increased to 1500
7500 Energy recovered

Afterward, he creates a new species of creatures.
Total Cost: 1120 / 128 [10]> 840 / 96
Resoonman uses 840 Energy
and 96 Ether
Creation Success Roll: [2]
Resoonman then creates 10 gigantic creatures looking like a portion of excavated land. They are the largest beings existing, and passively float in the sky without a care in the world.
Because of their huge size and nutrition via photosynthesis, they will grow extremely slowly and breed rarely.

Proelior the Blade Infinity
Quote from: Hawk132
Switch forms. Appear before the humans. Reveal that I'm the being that gifted them with the Feathers. Give them a how-to on creating weaponry and armor. If I can, teach them about defensive tactics and such as well.
Form Shift: True to Alt (Proelior) -500
Proelior's wings refold on himself forming a cloak, and his armor turns silver and gold colored. That will teach them.

Proelior appears before the Humans.
[5] Despite lacking any strong religion, the divine apparition of Proelior sears itself in the minds of the primitive humans. Overflowing with awe and fear of the divine, they prostrate themselves, as if naturally knowing the God was their creators.

He reveals himself as Proelior, the Blade Infinity. Their creator and the one that gifted them of the Feathers that they kept as mystic treasures.
+Religion: Worship Proelior
+Artifacts: 5 Feathers

Teaching Roll: [2] and [6]>[6] [Teaching+1]
Proelior imparts upon Humans a finer knowledge of weaponry and armory, but the primitive Humans lack a lot of basic knowledge pre-requisite to these domains. As such, he has to start from scratch, explaining to them various material properties, the existence of metals and such.
After this long lesson, there is so much information you are sure they couldn't process it all.
+Knowledge: Novice Weapon/Armormakers

But your lesson about defensive tactics is met with overwhelming success. Because of the constant Amazon raids, the Humans focused all their resources on defense, as such your knowledge help them hugely in understanding how to defend themselves better. Traps, fortifications, terrain advantage and logistic... so much knowledge that they understand pretty well.
+Knowledge: Great Defensive Tactics

Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento
"MORE POWER!"

Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento tiers up by spending 500 Ether, putting him/her at Tier 3.
[INTERRUPTION] (See Failed Secret Action)

Luxlin the Damaged
Quote from: AbstractTraitorHero
Appear before my precious darlings .
"Ohhh your  okay! My precious darlings!!!"
Luxlin appears before the Illums as a female humanoid.
[6]>[3] The morphologically completely alien being apparition causes great surprise and shock in the Illum capital, but they recognize from the old myths that this strange being can only be the rumored Luxlin, their supposed creator.
Lacking a religion, they decide to meet Luxlin with all due respect and praise, welcoming her venue with great joy.

But in reality, the appearance of Luxlin is filling them with hostility and suspiciousness, as Luxlin looks like a blond Asoon Amazon to them. Or Asoon Amazons are mortal enemies of the Illums, and as such, they can't help but not like Luxlin.
Furthermore, the fact that she does not look like them despite being their supposed creator fills them with even more doubt and existential questions.
+Religion: Respect Luxlin in appearance, in reality feel hostility and suspiciousness

Saraab the Clockwork Guardian
Quote from: Wozzy
I guess it's time to move on.

De-ravage the Black Savannah. Regrow the grass there.

Head to the Dead Mountain. See what lifeforms are there.

Saraab leaves the adjourned meeting and head for the Black Savannah. Here, he looks at the destroyed places, visible because plants have difficulties growing there. Using his divine powers, he restores the land.
Cost: 1000> 500
Saraab uses 500 Energy
World Alteration Roll: [3]
This is done swiftly and easily. Now, the land will be able to support more life than before.
+Black Savannah no longer Ravaged

He then decides to regrow grass on the once ravaged lands (Medium Regions). For that he grows enough of it to cover a small region.
Cost: 10000 / 100 > 5000 / 50 [2000] [Note: The first Black Grass created by Drakieng in Turn1 had a strange cost calculation, and were very small. Current grasses are small.]
Resoonman uses 840 Energy
and 96 Ether
It turns out that the revitalized soil was extremely nutritive for the black grasses, and as such, the new black grasses grew big and strong. Furthermore they yielded even more nutriments than usual Black Grasses.
+Nutritious Black Grass [2000]

Afterward he heads for the Dead Mountain, hoping to see new lifeforms there.

Some Roll: [3]
Unsurprisingly, the Dead Mountain is as dead as ever. No species live there apart from the occasional Aur Scarwing, who sometime rest here temporarily.

SECRET ACTIONS

Spoiler: To Codename Tuna Only (click to show/hide)

FAILED SECRET ACTIONS

Innanis Dominus
Quote from: Dustan Hache
Preparing himself for the next battle, He would channel his rage and power into an artifact.

Artifact: the Soul Ripper
Description: A ethereal clawed glove that leaves anyone who looks at it ill at ease, except for it's wielder.
Trait: Attacks using this weapon will drain Ether (or Void) From the target instead of inflicting direct injuries. If the wielder is mortal, it allows them to see and interact with ether that is close to them to a very limited extent (taking it from living creatures and imbuing it into very short lived constructs or other creatures.) It also has a limited Reservoir for storing Ether in itself to prevent the death of it's wearer. Information from souls taken is transferred to the wearer to prevent loss.
Innanis Dominus secretly attempted to create an artifact in the back of all, but unknowingly to him, the Decimarch was still monitoring his actions. It seems the Guardian didn't appreciate a tentative of sneakiness, and as such broadcasted your action to all gods.

What a jerk.
+Innanis Dominus under watch of Decimarch [Will affect interpretation of future sneak rolls if there are some]

Total Cost: 6000 / 300 > 4500 / 225 [Offense+1]
Innanis uses 4500 Energy
and 225 Ether
Creation Success Roll: [1]
A black light could be seen fluctuating in the hands of Innanis Dominus. Out of this black light emerged an ethereal clawed glove, the 'Soul Ripper'. Innanis himself felt sick looking at the gloves, and he realized upon closer inspection that the Artifact wasn't working as intended.
Soul Memory ended up completely destroyed if a being was struck down by this Artifact, leading to information loss.
+Trait: Soul Memory Destruction

Once he finished creating the Artifact, he put it on his hand and rushed toward Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento.

Battle :
Innanis (Attack): [3] [Offense+1]
Veeki (Defense): [1]>[1]
Despite seeing the Artifact creation broadcasted, Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento didn't expect Innanis to suddenly lunge at him. As for Innanis, lacking a true effect of surprise, his attack was only mildly successful.

But unfortunately for Veeki, he was initiating the Divinity Stage Ascension. As such his Ether was exposed and vulnerable, and Innanis took advantage of it with his new Artifact.

Innanis attempted to claw at Veeki's Core, missing barely. The claw passed right through the spheres orbiting around the Core, snatching as much Ether as possible.
Innanis stole 200 Ether out of Veeki

PLAYER STATUS

WORLD STATUS

Spoiler: Landmarks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Weather (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Notable Phenomenons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Magic Laws (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Living Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sapient Beings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unique Beings (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 11, 2016, 01:07:48 pm by Nakéen »

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 06, 2016, 04:44:07 am »

LVL up. Observe Lings and cull about half - the weakest ones. Create two mountain ridges close to Allred forest.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 06, 2016, 04:53:59 am »

Enter the temple explore  it throughly every nook and cranny see every part of the kingdom and finally switch to my alt form unless my people could be potentially hurt by it then don't and kindly ask my beloved darlings if they  have any questions.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 04:59:33 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 06, 2016, 05:23:24 am »

(correction to divine meeting log: Ressoonman was the one who asked who/what Inannis was. Not Sarrab.)
"You thought I would forget your attempts to drain my strength, Veeki? I am not stupid or forgetful, and I extract my toll as such!"
He would continue the onslaught, Attempting to take as much ether as possible from Veeki in retribution. He would also use his other arm to skewer the mad god with a lance of 5000 energy.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 09:36:15 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Atian the Elephantman God

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 06, 2016, 06:17:49 am »

Changing to my alt form, I descend from the sky to walk among the Elephantmen .

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 06, 2016, 07:07:12 am »

((guess I'll just wait and see how this goes))

Unravage the dead mountain
Species creation:
Spoiler: "Clockwork Golems" (click to show/hide)

I create 20 of them and place them on the dead mountain.

Change form: alt 1
Appear to my creations, tell them I am their creator, and that this mountain is theirs.

Grant them tools, and teach them to mine. Tell them the key to their success is the metals in this mountain. Teach them how to upgrade themselves.

Finally, ask what they would like to call themselves, and their home.

(unrelated to the silly golem magic stuff)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 10:47:27 pm by Wozzy »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 06, 2016, 07:33:30 am »

I Create a Very Unique "Creature" if this Artifact can be called such...
Spoiler: "The Golemancy Colage" (click to show/hide)
Afterwards I go produce some books on Golemancy to spread around.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 07:35:31 am by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 06, 2016, 09:03:37 am »

"Dude. Like. Totally. Not cool."

Veeki Mori Ubei Shaki Ento creates a large number of living, very durable crystal chains that drain Ether and transfer it to Veeki. And he/she fires them at Innannis. Under no circumstances let him tier up, blast him with Energy harpoons if he tries to do so.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 06, 2016, 12:58:48 pm »

"You are my chosen. Your civilization is still weak, and there are many challenges that will appear before it. Should you overcome all of them, you will undoubtedly stand at the peak of this world."

Level myself up. Teach the humans a bit about my principles (aka my aspects). Weapons are art, the way you do battle (both literally and figuratively) is your true self. Struggling through challenges and overcoming them leads to self-improvement. Something like that.

Change the human land into a fertile and resource-rich one (just slightly above average, wouldn't want things to be easy for them).

((What better species to be favored by Proelior than the one that is average in everything? If they become the most powerful civilization, it will be all from their hard work, not by simply being better.))

Also, should Resoonman allow it, give the humans a tome or two (or three) of Golemancy. Help with their creation if needed. If Resoonman wishes for something in exchange - Proelior will offer to become honor-bound to do a favor for him.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 01:04:35 pm by Hawk132 »
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 06, 2016, 01:14:25 pm »

...Change the human land into a fertile and resource-rich one (just slightly above average, wouldn't want things to be easy for them)...
May I suggest creating some plants to fill this land ? A fertile land won't help much if there is nothing to grow :/ (currently there are only some Allred Trees taken from the forest)

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 06, 2016, 01:21:53 pm »

...Change the human land into a fertile and resource-rich one (just slightly above average, wouldn't want things to be easy for them)...
May I suggest creating some plants to fill this land ? A fertile land won't help much if there is nothing to grow :/ (currently there are only some Allred Trees taken from the forest)
Oh, right. I had the feeling I forgot about something. As an addition to my previous action - Make various plants as well. Basic stuff - grass, various fruit trees/bushes, wheat-like stuff and all that jazz. Don't go overboard with my ether though, spend a 100 at most. Feel free to get creative with this, if you want to.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34