Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 99139 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #540 on: March 09, 2017, 02:40:16 am »

So.... Apparently your horse can die permanently.
I was fighting some bokoblins in the rain and decided to use my thunder spear (an AEWSOME weapon by the way) and while the shockwave was harmless to me....
My horse was fried.

I guess I'm not takeing that epona I got from my link amibo out of the stable.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 09, 2017, 03:26:52 am »

Neo, that was Skyward Sword, I think.

It is the earliest but does he receive the title "Hero of man"?

Which to my knowledge is "The" first link.

It is the first reincarnation of Hylia as a mortal woman (zelda.). The antagonist is the arch-demon Demise.  Link is just an ordinary Hylian (from a dwindling genepool... *cough*) that meets Hylia's requirements, which Fi has been programmed/instructed to look for. He would have gone about his business in Skyloft and been oblivious to the disaster below just as all the other residents of skyloft were had it not been for that intervention. It is the one where Demise curses Hylia and Link to eternal reincarnation, as retribution for using the triforce on him.

Yes. It is the one with the very first Link.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 09, 2017, 03:36:26 am »

I am curious how they manage to get 3 hours of gameplay, with all the walking needed.

You need
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to pull the master sword, and that means visiting/completing
, which is going to take a significant amount of time in and of itself. Then there is the issue of the fast travel mode requiring you to have visited a shrine and at least unlocked it before you can warp to it.  Horses only move so fast, so the 3.5 hour mark sounds dubious, even if legendary "I never get hurt" players are involved.

I recently took a stroll through Hyrule Castle, just to see what Gannon's Foyer is like, and it was not that difficult when using the McGuffin sword-- but it still took a good 20 minutes of pure badassery just to move through all the rooms.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 09, 2017, 03:40:53 am »

You guys sound ahead of me.
So far I've only freed two Devine beast
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 09, 2017, 03:50:52 am »

I only have 2 defeated as well, but I have met the requirements for getting the McGuffin sword.

I can confirm that it has durability, but when it breaks, it does not leave your inventory. Instead, it gets a 10 minute cooldown. The inside of Gannon's pink rave party palace has plenty of high power weapons to choose from as the relief weapon of choice to the McGuffin sword though, so no biggie. In fact, it is a pretty good place to get respawning high-potency equipment.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 09, 2017, 03:57:01 pm »

So.... Apparently your horse can die permanently.
I was fighting some bokoblins in the rain and decided to use my thunder spear (an AEWSOME weapon by the way) and while the shockwave was harmless to me....
My horse was fried.

I guess I'm not takeing that epona I got from my link amibo out of the stable.
Mm...

That said, most amiibo granted stuff seems to be retrievable if you happen to lose or kill it off. Not 100% it does for a dead epona (have neither the game nor an amiibo, so I can't personally confirm, but cursory checking suggests it), but it probably does. Downside being you have to wait a day or two real-time to be able to reuse the thing. But you probably won't lose it permanently.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 09, 2017, 04:22:01 pm »

Mm...

I haven't been using horses really, just been walking everywhere. I'm afraid if I start climbing cliffs my horse is just going to get left behind. Does it automatically return to a stable or do you have to wander back to find it again?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 09, 2017, 04:38:36 pm »

It'll return on its own. Something along those lines, anyway. If you walk up to a stable you can ride off on any living registered horse regardless as to if it's currently stabled or not, as near as I've noticed watching stuff.

Think you can also get a bit done so far as the climbing goes by just getting wherever you want to go and whistling, but I forget how finicky that is. Critters still look pretty useful even for someone with a heavy verticality fetish if you're going in more or less the same direction and there's enough clear ground along the way, though. Usually pretty easy to glide back to the horse when you're done poking around a particular mountainside or whatev' and still manage a net gain travel time wise.

Though as probably mentioned, I'm getting that from watching gameplay vids, not personal game time, so it's entirely possible some of that evaluation is inaccurate, heh. The stable thing definitely isn't, though.

E: Though I do have to ask, anyone noticed someone sitting down and actually puzzling out the cooking system? There's recipe lists bloody everywhere, but I've managed to find all of one attempt to figure out the actual system behind it, and that from like six months from before release (though, for what it's worth, it actually seems to be pretty accurate to the release version, just incomplete). And there's definitely a system behind it, some of it straightforward but some not.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:10:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 09, 2017, 06:23:53 pm »

Cooking is really simple, though learning good recipes is a matter of trial and error. There are some patterns that are worth noting, though. I'll put some of the more useful information I've found here, in case it helps anyone:

- You can combine a lot of things and it'll just work. Meat and fruit? Works. Meat and mushrooms? Hell yeah, it works. When in doubt, throw together ingredients. You'll probably be fine.
- You CANNOT stack two different effects in one meal. If you try to use two ingredients with two different buffs, you will always make dubious food.
- Adding more of a buff-giving ingredient to a meal will increase the length of time the buff lasts, and in some cases, increase the efficacy of the buff as well (not sure of the details on when efficacy increases).
- Combining monster bits (bokoblin horns and fangs are a common option) with buff items gives you potions of whatever buff, which don't heal any health, but potentially give a longer, stronger buff (again, not sure of the details).

I'll be doing more experimentation, but if anyone has already figured it all out, I'd be interested to hear from you, too.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 09, 2017, 06:33:55 pm »

Basically every 'ingredient' seems to be a certain type (fruit, veggies, herbs, meat, fish, eggs, nuts etc.) with a select few special things such as milk and wheat. If you just cook meat you'll get kebabs, but if you cook meat with herbs you'll get steamed meat. As long as you don't combine more than one thing that has an effect, and you don't combine elixir ingredients (critters and monster bits) with food ingredients, then you'll be fine. However, I've had success throwing in apples with my elixirs to give them one-heart heals, but I imagine you may be able to add other stuff to elixirs too. (E: Wait, can you make elixirs using food ingredients? I've never tried, only tried using critters)

There are a couple combinations that give more interesting looking food but for the most part it's just flavor. Curry Rice will heal just like nut cakes. Generally speaking adding more ingredients increases its effects, even if the effects are just increasing how many hearts you heal. Just remember that you can only have one buff at a time. Extra hearts or stamina don't count as a buff.

Do have a question
Spoiler: Moon (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:35:35 pm by OzyTheSage »

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 09, 2017, 06:39:39 pm »

What about adding a Hearty item to a monster bit?
Black lives matter.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 09, 2017, 06:46:14 pm »

What about adding a Hearty item to a monster bit?
Just tried putting a hearty radish with a tooth. Didn't work.
Also tried adding a mushroom and meat to an elixir, and it worked. Seems like any health-providing item works when added to elixirs.

E: The game tries to subtley teach you how to cook by people offering you food as a reward. Select it and you can check what ingredients it uses.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:50:23 pm by OzyTheSage »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 09, 2017, 06:47:57 pm »

Yeah, it's the details I'm wondering about. The straightforward stuff is, well. Straightforward :P

Hearty stuff with a monster bit won't work. Dubious food. Unless there's a critter out there that can be used as an elixir component that gives max hearts, I don't think a max heart elixir is possible, from what I've noticed.
Spoiler: Some cooking stuff (click to show/hide)

And ah, seems order doesn't matter with healing elixirs, which is good to know. Max heart stuff might be an exception to what can be added to get a heal, though.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 06:50:39 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 09, 2017, 08:50:48 pm »

Monster bits and insects always give dubious food. This is stated explicitly by an NPC in-game.

Conversely, not using monster parts or insects will always get you valid food--mixing two effects in one food will not give you the effects, but you will still have food that heals.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 09, 2017, 08:59:52 pm »

That first bit is actually wrong :P

As mentioned, if you combine a valid elixir combo with pure healing food, you can get an elixir that restores some health. Might be able to do it with stamina food, too, now that I think about it. Someone should check that, heh.

... second one is too, actually, though somewhat technically. Adding stuff like topaz'll generally generate failed experiments, which is kinda' like a special dubious food. Still no monster bits or critters, but a mostly invalid combo anyway.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2017, 09:03:03 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 69