Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 69

Author Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild: SEQUEL ANNOUNCED  (Read 99121 times)

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
Re: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild
« Reply #780 on: March 21, 2017, 09:27:04 pm »

If you want to kill Lynels and you're not confident about a direct confrontation, get a multishot bow, jump down on one from above, and fire as many slo-mo arrow shotgun blasts into its face as you can before you run out of stamina. Then use whatever cheap method you find suitable to avoid being killed and repeat.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 22, 2017, 02:08:38 am »

So I just want to quickly touch on the weapon durability thing again since that seems to be the major complaint people have with this game.

Are these people playing the game wrong or something? I'm drowning in so many high quality weapons that I'm at the point where I'm dropping old weapons to pick up fresh ones instead of letting them break. I haven't really tried using shields, so at one point my entire shield inventory was just knight shields, however I now have even better shields I'll probably end up not using (although I did just get spoiled on something by accident so we'll see if that changes).

I haven't even tried using the Master Sword because all my other weapons do more damage.

Also: Lynels... is it me or do they all have ridiculously high health. They seem more like an endurance test than an actual fight now. Spam those flurry rushes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 22, 2017, 02:49:58 am »

Their problem is they think the weapons in the game have a point.

Then again the game doesn't translate very well that the weapons are pointless.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 22, 2017, 03:09:50 am »

Weapons are disposable. Weapon management is really just holding on to some fallback items as you pick them up/find them. Finding koroks lets you increase your 'hoarde' of stashed weapons.

Some of the weapons you find are more rare than others though. Like my previous "OMG, SO OP!!" savage lynel bow. It is one that does not come up often, even when actively hunting the critters that drop them. I would have very much liked to have some means of repairing it, even if it would have been expensive.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 22, 2017, 06:41:56 am »

... just to make sure, the one venue there is to repair non-unique items for a hefty price tag didn't have it as an option? Or have you just not found it yet?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 22, 2017, 11:40:58 am »

My problem with the weapon durability is that it's so FAST to break a weapon.   So unrealistically fast that it's immersion breaking.  Tree branches skeletal limbs, and makeshift weapons breaking after a few hits?  Sure makes sense.  Professionally smithed metal swords or spears being broken completely and utterly after fighting a handful of completely unarmored bokoblins? No.  A professionally made WAR BOW made to be used for actual combat broken to uselessness in a single run of an archery training course?  No.

I actually made a crappy little bow out of branches and string when I was an 8 year old cub scout, that could fire more arrows than the best bows of hyrule.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:43:45 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 22, 2017, 01:47:03 pm »

Game balance. Next question!
Black lives matter.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 22, 2017, 02:38:08 pm »

Hey man, you take a professionally forged sword to the face of something that trivially tanks what amounts to mining explosives and sometimes survives direct lightning strikes, and see how long that sword lasts :P

Though personally I'd just blame it on tech degeneration + ganon goop corruption. It can't be healthy to be breathing that stuff, and the blood moons display pretty plainly it's getting basically everywhere. Presumably it's doing weird stuff to durability. Either that or link is just hitting things really goddamn hard. I could see that pretty easily, too. Skinny little bugger pretty clearly has an improbable amount of upper body strength.
Ask not!
Ask!

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 22, 2017, 05:53:42 pm »

I'm just annoyed that they break easily when hitting Chu's or Bokoblins.
It's not like they got any chitinous exoskeletons, hard scales or something like that.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 05:58:51 pm by Ultimuh »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 22, 2017, 05:57:28 pm »

Hey man, you take a professionally forged sword to the face of something that trivially tanks what amounts to mining explosives and sometimes survives direct lightning strikes, and see how long that sword lasts :P

Though personally I'd just blame it on tech degeneration + ganon goop corruption. It can't be healthy to be breathing that stuff, and the blood moons display pretty plainly it's getting basically everywhere. Presumably it's doing weird stuff to durability. Either that or link is just hitting things really goddamn hard. I could see that pretty easily, too. Skinny little bugger pretty clearly has an improbable amount of upper body strength.
Yet those same things that can tank mining explosives can be beaten to death by a few twigs :P
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 22, 2017, 06:05:49 pm »

Man, we don't know what hylian wood's like. That stuff might be some kind if magical ironwood or something. Also see previous statement about hitting things with way too much force.

I'm just annoyed that they break easily when hitting Chu's or Bokoblins.
It's not like they got any chitinous exoskeletons, hard scales or something like that.
Chus probably have some acid or somethin' going on, at least. Maybe fooblins just have metallic skeletons or somethin'. Might even explain how stalfos et al have functionally invincible bones, though where that leaves the heads I couldn't say. Could just be whatever's animating them getting rattled apart. We'll just assume link has some kind of trauma based perceptual filter for the mountains of bone and viscera he's leaving behind.

Arms you use as weapons are presumably not breaking per se, just losing connective force and falling apart.

Hell, it would even explain why all keese have 1 hp. They have to have lighter bones in order to maintain flight, so they don't have the metallic aspect, or it's at least significantly lessened.

... mind you, I'm pretty sure it's just game balance/mechanics/etc. But sometimes you just gotta' roll with the explanation. Can keep this up for a while, ahaha.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:10:13 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 22, 2017, 06:18:28 pm »

Yet those same things that can tank mining explosives can be beaten to death by a few twigs :P
Guardian HP: 1500
Tree Branch base damage: 2
1500/2 = 750 Tree Branches

"a few"

[edit] unless you weren't referring to Guardians
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 22, 2017, 06:21:33 pm »

Blue bokoblins can tank bombs.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 22, 2017, 06:26:11 pm »

Because they have, like, a hundred HP?
Black lives matter.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 22, 2017, 06:35:10 pm »

I'm saying that I'm pretty sure bombs only do ~20 some damage.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 69