Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Arcane Plane: Something Beyond  (Read 3304 times)

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTITY:SKULKING]
    • View Profile
Re: The Arcane Plane: Something Beyond
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2016, 10:45:34 pm »

Poke the interior of one of those slots, then.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2016, 05:13:39 am »

Start meditating.
((Sorry I didnt post quicker  :-\))
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 05:25:08 am by vishdafish »

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »

Ahoy, I'm the lookout, now! Me crow's nest has gone and collapsed, best check on the sail ropes. Time to descent the mast. What's this indent here? Poke hole with finger.
Assist.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2016, 10:45:53 pm »

Turn 2
I apologize about the long delay. ATHATH, you can't assist Dermonster as you were not chosen to be a player, sorry.

Quote from: NRDL
Try to wake up.  THROUGH SHEER UNCONSCIOUS WILLPOWER.
[1-2(Unconscious)= 2(Failguard)] (I feel sorry for you.)
You wander off into your dreams. You're trapped in a box, it's pitch black. You look down and immediately regret it. You around 100-feet above ground; and this is no Emerald City type of scenery. The ground is covered with small craters, some filled with lava and some filled with a black liquid that constantly bubbles. You look to your left and notice a very large castle. You can't see the specifics at all. What a crazy dream.
[Pain: 9-3(Massive Bleeding)+1(Superior WIllpower)= 7, Constitution: 9-2(Fractured Skull)-3(Massive Bleeding)= 4] Perks of being unconscious, you don't feel any pain at all. Too bad it doesn't stop your body from bleeding. Despite almost bleeding to death, you feel a strange sensation in your sleep. A unique sensation...

Quote from: Nirur Torir
Rush over and perform dabbling first aid on that concussed guy.
[4] Quick! You rush over to Nixy to perform first aid. You're looking around, brainstorming ways to try and reduce all this blood. But then, you see something in the corner of your eye. Light. A light begins to cover over Nixy's head. You don't know exactly what it is, or where it came from, but you have a feeling that it's a good thing. You take a closer look at Nixy's head and notice small streams of light beginning to close the wound. Slowly, however, but it's still something. You decide to let the light do it's thing and sit next to the "concussed guy".

Quote from: vishdafish
Start meditating.
[1-1(Fatigue)=1] (This is going to be fun.)
You lay down and sit in a meditating pose. Your mind soars off into the sky, where serenity is key. You continue to fly in spirit before you suddenly begin to hear voices, telling you some creepy things; you try to stop it, but you can't! [Damage (Mental): 2, Critical: 7] The voices get louder and more demanding. Still in the sky, you try to fly away, as if that'll solve your problems. You float, and float, and float, but you suddenly just, drop. You let loose a scream that fills the cave, everyone covering their ears. This isn't a dream, no. You know this isn't. It looks real, it feels real...is it real? You probably shouldn't stay to find out how hard the ground is. The question is, how?

Quote from: Dermonster
Ahoy, I'm the lookout, now! Me crow's nest has gone and collapsed, best check on the sail ropes. Time to descent the mast. What's this indent here? Poke hole with finger.
Quote from: DoctorMcTaalik
Poke the interior of one of those slots, then.
[Boxcar Joe's Insanity: 2, Action: 5-1(Insanity)= 4, Thunk: 1] (So many ways to play this out, but I think I'll choose the fun way.)
Boxcar Joe slides down the pillar and locates the slot. But before he could do anything, Thunk comes running out of nowhere, fist forward as if he were superman. "ADVENTURRRRRRRE!", as he slams his fist into the slot. For a moment, nothing happens. You two face each other, and Thunk smiles. CRACK. Uh-oh. Thunk's facial expressions immediately turn to panic. You both look down and notice a nice crack, branching off the slot. After a second, a flashing light blinds everyone, before being dragged away. You sense that you are going somewhere -- really fast.

WORLDSHIFT!!!
[Nixy: 10] You don't even flinch, instead coolly bracing yourself for whatever lies beyond. Probably because you're partially dying and unconscious.
[Nathan: 7] The worldshift knocks you flat on your feet, but something catches you before you hit the ground -- if there is any ground in this place. The shift is over in a matter of seconds, but you manage to prevent yourself from getting too disoriented.
[Easter Sunday: 2] The sudden movement scatters your brain into more of a disarray! Your brain automatically shuts itself down to prevent damage.  Luckily, you're no longer hearing the voices.
[Boxcar Joe: 2] The worldshift handles you very roughly and you pass out as you innards feel like they're trying to force themselves out.
[Thunk: 4] You are not so lucky and the sudden shift disorients you greatly! (Dizzy for next turn)

After a span of what seems to be several agonizing years (or a few seconds), the sensation stops. Nathan, being the only person conscious, takes a glimpse at the environment.

It's a town. You were all dropped in the streets of some town. Nothing seems out of the ordinary, but then you hear something off in the distance. People yelling, some sort of steel or metal clashing. What in the world could that be? Some new thing that teenagers are up to?

Nathan looks around him and his face goes to shock. That's impossible. He walks closer to Nixy as he draws his face closer to Nixy's head. H-his wounds...they're gone! As if they've never existed. No sign of blood anywhere. Something must've happened in the worldshift.

Background: [9] Nathan looks off in the distance and spots a sign. "Welcome to Olqua!" Olqua. What a strange town name. Not caring anything about the name of the city, Nathan focuses on the sounds from before. He makes out some more clashing and an occasional explosion. Some type of teenager thing.

Statuses:

Spoiler: "Easter Sunday" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Boxcar Joe" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nathan" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Thunk" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nixy" (click to show/hide)

I've decided that for all the worlds you'll be venturing off too, they will all have their own unique names. I'm keeping the promise I made in the OP that there will be worlds some of you may know, but it'll be your job to find out by exploring and not by looking for names.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2016, 10:50:27 pm »

Nausia? Explosions? THIS IS JUST LIKE 'NAM. Boxcar wakes up, retches, grabs a nearby rock and sprints at the sounds, trailing vomit and screaming incoherently. THEY'RE NOT GONNA DIE AGAIN.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 10:53:31 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2016, 10:51:20 pm »

Wake the fuck up. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2016, 01:08:36 am »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2016, 02:35:12 am »

Dream
((Boxcar joe 30% skill progress if I didnt misread something. Also, when i wake up, can thunk fashion a sling out of my underpants for me?))

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2016, 07:08:50 am »

Ignore the teenagers and look around for a clothes shop.

DoctorMcTaalik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2016, 10:40:13 am »

((Boxcar joe 30% skill progress if I didnt misread something. Also, when i wake up, can thunk fashion a sling out of my underpants for me?))

((Hmmm.... I'm not opposed to it, but you're gonna have to take it up with Thunk IC.))

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2016, 11:39:34 am »

((Yup, I will once I wake up))

Bliss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2016, 08:41:33 pm »

Turn 3

Quote from: Dermonster
Nausia? Explosions? THIS IS JUST LIKE 'NAM. Boxcar wakes up, retches, grabs a nearby rock and sprints at the sounds, trailing vomit and screaming incoherently. THEY'RE NOT GONNA DIE AGAIN.
[4-2(Unconscious)= 2] You mumble "T-they're not gonna die again!".

Quote from: NRDL
Wake the fuck up.
Quote from: DoctorMcTaalik
Assist Nixy
[Nixy: 5-2(Unconscious)= 3, Thunk: 1-1(Dizzy)= 1] (I love your luck.)
Nixy groggily wakes up with a blurred vision. He rubs his eyes and sees Thunk. Sitting right on him, looking at him right in the eyes. Nixy stares into Thunk's eyes and immediately panics and yells to get off of him because he knows what's about to happen. "ADVENTUURRRRRRE!", as Thunk sends his fist flying towards Nixy and [Dodge: 11] misses, completely. He falls right off of him too.

Quote from: vishdafish
Dream
[1-1(Fatigue)= 1] You begin to dream back to when you were in the skies, flying along the horizon. You get nowhere and feel so exhausted afterwards, too. But it's a dream. Isn't it?

(Fatigue has been extended to last a turn longer.)

Quote from: Nirur Torir

Ignore the teenagers and look around for a clothes shop.

[2] You continue to wonder how Nixy had all his wounds healed.

Background: [12] The voices get louder. A female's voice echoes, "By this command seal, I command you, Medea, unleash your Noble Phantasm!". A flash of bright colorful lights explodes from the left of everyone. Huh?

Statuses:

Spoiler: "Easter Sunday" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Boxcar Joe" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nathan" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Thunk" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "Nixy" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 03:18:58 pm by Bliss »

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2016, 08:43:57 pm »

((My rolls tho :(())
Attempt to awaken
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:47:34 pm by vishdafish »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2016, 08:48:52 pm »

"What...in the actual...hell..."

Take a look at my surroundings.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2016, 08:50:07 pm »

Μήδεια? Μια δίκαιη παρθενική! Πρέπει να συστηθώ. Awaken, and seek the maiden!

Fate stay Night? Oh lordy here come the ruleset arguments.

*Is overtaken of visions of tens page long arguments on Spacebattles*
« Last Edit: July 17, 2016, 08:52:06 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3