Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Heresy! (WH40k Strategy SG)  (Read 2538 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Heresy! (WH40k Strategy SG)
« on: September 10, 2016, 12:25:43 pm »

It is the 41st millenium, and the planet Quaestor lies at the very edge of the Corpse-Emperor's light. Its Hives, particularly Hive Augustus, are filled with the weak. The greedy. The cowardly. The corrupt. But there are powers beyond that of the Emperor. Powers that answer those who seek them, and call in turn. You will heed the call of the Gods. You will bring ruin to Questor. Let the galaxy burn.

Heresy! is a suggestion-driven strategy game that had its inception in the Warhammer 40000 thread in GD last month.
I now want to make a forum game about a civvie surrounded by Chaos shit in a hive.

Get some *shudders slightly while still acknowledging the positives of the genre* survival game mechanics in there and add HERESY.
Ok, this gave me an idea. Not exactly this, though. What I have in mind is, since everyone is talking about heresy, a forum game where players control a group of Chaos cultists trying to take over a Hive (and later the planet). Don't know if players can RP individual cultists or if it's going to be just a suggestion-driven strategy game; it's late and I think I should leave such decisions to when I wake up.

I decided to sack the whole RP thing I mused about, but the rest remains. The game, as mentioned above, revolves around controlling a Chaos cult in an imperial hive as you attempt to take over through any means at your disposal, while avoiding the attention of the authorities for as long as possible. The players lose if the cult is destroyed, and win if the entire planet is corrupted.

Before the game starts, however, a choice must be made: what is the cult's name? Keep in mind this is not just a cosmetic thing. The name will have an effect.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Heresy! (WH40k Strategy SG)
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 12:26:29 pm »

The Waking Dreamers

Khorne: ||||||||      Tzeentch: ||||||||
Nurgle: ||||||||     Slaanesh: ||||||||

Doom: ||||||||     Suspicion: ||||||||

Total Planetary Population: 4.703.184.765
Loyalist Population: 4.703.184.692
Corrupted Population: 73

Spoiler: Cult Forces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Active Threats (click to show/hide)

Know Unit Stats
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 07:58:15 pm by Teneb »
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 12:30:09 pm »

The Waking Dreamers.

Mother Maris shall come into the world as her true self, and bring much-needed rest to the citizenry of this world...Nightmare Queen, Lidless Sleeper, Ashen Mother...
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2016, 12:56:49 pm »

Beholders of Thor.
We're a ressurectionist cult.

That's as close as I can get to heresy (it's still heresy and might or might not be actually a Nurgle cult), sorry. We could also be an Imperial Death Cult, those guys are awfully close to Khorne, so close that it's basically the same thing.
I'll be watching over it anyways. :v
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 12:59:12 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

• Bay Watcher
  • Heresy will not be tolerated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2016, 12:58:36 pm »

PRAISE BE.

EDIT: Also, don't take my advice. I'm fifteen and essentially a sub-sentient watermelon with an edge so sharp I could cut myself with it.

EDIT EDIT: The cult is now named "Nurgle Burger." Argument is unacceptable.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 01:04:40 pm by 90908 »
We have a rich tradition of percussion instruments as well, all of which are based around a musician smacking variously sized hollow rocks.
It was quite brutal actually. Who knew you could suffer major head trauma from undergarments?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2016, 01:18:20 pm »

PTW

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2016, 01:42:36 pm »

Can I we get more info on the Questor? Does it have some special features (is it fucking cold or fucking hot or fucking poisonous or it's cities in clouds or maybe underwater hives or so on), what are the local forces (PDFs, Regiments, what other Imperial forces around), the rest of very important stuff?
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2016, 01:48:10 pm »

Can I we get more info on the Questor? Does it have some special features (is it fucking cold or fucking hot or fucking poisonous or it's cities in clouds or maybe underwater hives or so on), what are the local forces (PDFs, Regiments, what other Imperial forces around), the rest of very important stuff?
Well come on now Kot what do you think he needs our name for?
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2016, 01:50:24 pm »

There will be an infodump on the planet and hive after the name has been picked. I'll probably wait an hour more before proceeding.

I am also totally not stealing one of those ideas.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2016, 01:53:21 pm »

I want inverted Hives

All the spires or whatever essentially end at the same height, they just have different depths into the giant sinkholes(or megaquarries or somethin' *shrug*) they sit in. All the toxic fumes are lighter than the normal atmosphere instead of heavier. :D
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »

Local Sororita Convent for rape fun purposes.

Well come on now Kot what do you think he needs our name for?
I AM TRYING TO DRAW HERE. I NEED INFO. I CAN'T JUST... DRAW SHIT UP.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2016, 02:29:50 pm »

The Waking Dreamers.

Mother Maris shall come into the world as her true self, and bring much-needed rest to the citizenry of this world...Nightmare Queen, Lidless Sleeper, Ashen Mother...

+1. Not too good with WH 40k lore. Just a preemptive warning.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2016, 03:53:15 pm »

Clearly we are followers of the Horned Rat!
Before the first objections coem the Horned rat is a thing albeit a very minor thing in 40k...time to change that! :D

Cult of the Horned Rat

simple and to the point. I am not very good with names.

vishdafish

• Bay Watcher
  • Look at me grow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2016, 04:29:54 pm »

Clearly we are followers of the Horned Rat!
Before the first objections coem the Horned rat is a thing albeit a very minor thing in 40k...time to change that! :D

Cult of the Horned Rat

simple and to the point. I am not very good with names.

Change +1 to this.
Pages: [1] 2 3