Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876481 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V1.8 - 32x - 44.03 - Win/Mac/Linux - Updated 2nd January
« Reply #420 on: January 04, 2018, 05:33:15 am »

Track stops I haven't worked on yet.

Wait... instruments don't show as instruments when carried? Because the instrument tile is still the original, I don't use overrides on them. (Checked your fort, only one guy reciting poetry... blinking in the "children playing make believe" tile. :/ )

Baby and undead reptiles:

And the same for desert_new:

Beware the zombie tortoise!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:16:04 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 04, 2018, 06:28:06 am »

Dead dwarf bodies show up as cages. Is that intentional?

There are actually 3 bodies on the image below, but the pointer is covering two. They also look like cages but in different colour (one is purple? Presumably cos a noble died?)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Also I generated a world with short history (125 years) and almost none of my dwarfs have any relationships. I only got one migrant pair. This is concerning because I was planning to increase the size of the fort slowly with childbirths. Is this because I chose a civ that is on the other side of the world and so the game is spawning dwarfs out of thin air, or is something wrong with the raws?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:31:42 am by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 04, 2018, 06:32:29 am »

Wait... instruments don't show as instruments when carried? Because the instrument tile is still the original, I don't use overrides on them. (Checked your fort, only one guy reciting poetry... blinking in the "children playing make believe" tile. :/ )

No, when they haul an instrument it might be the right sprite.

The top right icons with music notes are displayed when a dwarf plays music or dances I think.

That would be a soup spoon and leaves in your set:

edit:
Oh, now I just realized, there are two graphics for eggs on this sheet (in the first and in the last row). Can it be that the eggs in the first row are used for hauled rocks?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 06:44:12 am by Kromtec »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #423 on: January 04, 2018, 06:41:50 am »

Kromtec, you have no idea how useful your feedback it. :) I use the tile numbers in the wiki, but it seems to be hilariously outdated, especially concerning blinking tiles and anything that is no actual object (like a music note).

I can certainly fix those. Both tiles I can rearrange.

Mrok Girl, not intentional. Which version is that? If it's the newest one, could you please upload the save? (And I did nothing to raws, like relationships etc)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 04, 2018, 06:58:21 am »

Mrok Girl, not intentional. Which version is that? If it's the newest one, could you please upload the save? (And I did nothing to raws, like relationships etc)

It is the 1.8 version, the one you uploaded a couple of days ago. As for the save, sure but um, I haven't done it in a while - which folder has the latest game save? The 'current' one or the 'region 1' one?

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 04, 2018, 07:10:14 am »

"current" is usually an empty folder. Upload region 1.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 04, 2018, 07:16:08 am »

Thanks, it's uploading :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #427 on: January 04, 2018, 07:33:46 am »

:)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 04, 2018, 07:37:09 am »

Some other people died and it appears it's the military dwarves that turn into cages upon death, the regular dorfs' corpses appear normal. Upload is still going >_>

Kromtec

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 04, 2018, 07:46:20 am »

:)

Nice!  :)

Have you seen my edit?
edit:
Oh, now I just realized, there are two graphics for eggs on this sheet (in the first and in the last row). Can it be that the eggs in the first row are used for hauled rocks?

According to the wiki for Status Icon. An upper case Z flashes when a dwarf sleeps. On that position is no sprite in your sheet.

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #431 on: January 04, 2018, 08:12:29 am »

I do have a "Zzz" there, but I removed it by accident. I already added it back in... that one I know. But the "+" for injuries for example, or * for paralized...  and it seems I have to remove the children-playing sprite... it's ", also used for reciting poetry and telling stories. :/

Again, super helpful. Now I can make 3 more status icon: Paralyzed, Poetry/Storytelling/Playing and "Injured".

Mh.
Masterpiece quality tags, unmined Gem Cluster*, Rough Gems and Raw Glass, unmined bituminous coal*, mined bituminous coal*, currency symbol, spider webs, pond turtle*, sun, gear assemblies, paralyzed indicator, fireballs, bandit camps on travel map, towns on world map, night creature senses, artifact gem doors
Seems getting one sprite that fits all "*" topics is nearly impossible.

Double Me. The injury indicator is also smoothed floors. Which is bad, because I really don't want to use overrides on floors.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #432 on: January 04, 2018, 08:14:54 am »

Mrok Girl: open creature_standard.txt, find CREATURE_SOLDIER_TILE:2 and replace it with :1. That's it. Corpses fixed.

I already fixed them in my dev version, that's why I was a bit confused.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 04, 2018, 08:25:18 am »

Misses in tiles.
_MDF_items - Floor Grate, Anvil.
_MDF_items_bg - Anvil.
_MDF_items_top - Anvil, Totem, Bookcase, Statue.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #434 on: January 04, 2018, 08:43:52 am »

You know, those tiny lines in that screenshot look useful.

"And thus Meph learned about grids in photoshop". ^^

Thanks, I'll fix those.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 187