Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878352 times)

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Feedback?

change the charcoal/coke to look like burnt logs, with that image it looks like regular pig iron bars.

also, weren't nether-caps deep blue?
edit: raw says DARK_INDIGO
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:12:01 am by EpicMadness »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Colors are applied ingame.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Colors are applied ingame.
yeah but i meant the light-blue tint would've affected it no? or is that bypassed?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yes, the light blue tint will be covered with a layer of indigo. That's intentional, just like the extra red on the blood thorn.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I think you should make a differentiation between "gameplay helpers" and "cosmetic mods." So things like the bone furniture would be in the latter, while the crematorium would be in the former.

They'd both be off by default but you might want a mod to aid in cleaning up your fort while still wanting a mostly vanilla experience.

(Of course, which ones are utility mods and which ones are cosmetic is mostly up to personal opinion. Especially when atom-smashing with a bridge is already a possibility.)
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I'm someone who always prefers the roleplay/atmospheric version to the hacks/exploits. For example I'd vastly prefer a crematory to atom-smashing, because the former one just makes more sense.

A campfire mod that actually starts fires is a big gameplay change btw, it's easy to murder entire sieges with it, by setting the surface on fire when they show up. ;)

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile

Just wanted to thank you, Meph, for your great work !

I'm using your launcher and it makes things a lot easier, I just wanted to report some very slight issues with it:

- In the "Init" tab, the options "Auto-Save Pause", "Varied Ground Tiles", "Transform Msg." and "Digging Stop" always appear turned off for some reason, even though they're ON in the game's files.
- In the same tab, the "Shadows" option always appears empty (no option selected), even though they work in-game.
- In the "Balancing" tab, the options "Picky Nobles" and "Greedy Nobles" don't actually change the associated values in the raws.

There may be more, these are just the ones I happened to notice  ;)

May I also suggest you create some instructions regarding how one could add custom fonts or tilesets and have them appear in the launcher? Right now I just put a custom font tileset in data/art and edited init.txt manually, but there's got to be a more elegant way (of course graphical tilesets would need a way to change override.txt).
Some built-in DFHack config (like PyLNP) would also be nice, but maybe that's beyond the scope of what you're trying to accomplish.

Btw, I voted for the inclusion of mods in subsequent releases of your pack, but OFF by default.

Thanks again for your contributions!

[Edit]Oh yeah, quick question: have you stopped working on the 24x24 and 16x16 versions of your tileset? Since I've got a 1080p display, I should use the 24x24 but I can't seem to find it anywhere...
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 12:29:52 pm by Datura »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Thanks for the detailed report. :)

I dont have the GUI source with me, so I cant compile it... those fixes will have to wait.

Custom fonts you just drag and drop into "Meph Tileset V3.2 - 44.12\TilesetExtras\Settings\TwbtFonts"

Custom tilesets you cant use with this.

The 24 and 16x versions I removed, because they only make extra work and look bad. You can get the exact same result (maybe even better) by just typing "twbt tilesize 24 24" or 16 16 into dfhack while the game runs.

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

speaking of resolutions, is there a rule of thumb in the aspect ratio?

at the moment i'm using 1920x600 forced-locked in windowed mode.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Not really, since TWBT was introduced. The larger, the better for this set.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Cavern woods, anyone?

Color would change ingame, the little blue mushrooms would stay, growing on the constructed walls/furniture. The wall design merges with the normal wood-wall design.

The stairs are one giant mushroom with winding steps around it.

The X is the space for a slab, which cant be made of wood (without modding).

The cage and bin are more mushroom-roots, brambles... that sort of thing. Hope it's clear enough.

The Mushroom overgrowing a skull icon is the coffin. :D

The statue is not actually used ingame. (no wood statues without modding), but I had one flying around, so I put it in anyway.

What do you guys think?

Datura

• Bay Watcher
  • Klaatu! Barada! Hrmhrmhrm!
    • View Profile

Thanks for the detailed report. :)

I dont have the GUI source with me, so I cant compile it... those fixes will have to wait.

Custom fonts you just drag and drop into "Meph Tileset V3.2 - 44.12\TilesetExtras\Settings\TwbtFonts"

Custom tilesets you cant use with this.

The 24 and 16x versions I removed, because they only make extra work and look bad. You can get the exact same result (maybe even better) by just typing "twbt tilesize 24 24" or 16 16 into dfhack while the game runs.
You're welcome :)

As I said, those are really minor bugs, so there's no real stress to fix them ASAP...nothing some manual init/raw editing can't overcome.
The fact that you provide a comprehensive override.txt and Revised integration is much more important to me  :P

Thank you for the instructions regarding fonts! I personally don't plan to use another tileset but I asked anyway... more knowledge can't hurt, can it?
I also appreciate the info about the "twbt tilesize" command, it has been added to my dfhack.init and seems to work as intended.

I'll keep you posted if I encounter any other issues with the launcher.

[Edit]
: Just saw your new post, and I like it! My two cents: the chest could do without the larger blue mushroom and, while pretty inventive, I feel the coffin departs too much from your other coffin designs, but that's just personal taste ;) Great work nonetheless!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 02:08:14 pm by Datura »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Iinitially made that overgrown skull as the slab... then realized that there are no wood slabs, and re-used it as coffin.

Inspiration was this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tested the sprites ingame, works. :)

Edit: Marble.

Again, feedback is all I need, on the cavern wood set and the marble set. :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 06:12:57 pm by Meph »

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Not really, since TWBT was introduced. The larger, the better for this set.

so even if i increase it to 1920x800 it won't distort/stretch?
edit: just confirmed it doesn't distort, readjusted my windowed resolution to 1800x900 to fit better with 1920x1080 monitor.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2018, 09:02:52 pm by EpicMadness »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

It will never distort or stretch. It would simply show less tiles. (or more, if you increase the resolution).
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 187