Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 876508 times)

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

When I was working on the varied wood sprites, I thought that maybe more special woods could get their own unique sprite... same idea for bars.

Feedback?

I'm aware that bars will mostly be hidden in bins, but I think it would be nice to occasionally see that rare adam-wafer around, or to be able to visually distinguish from iron bars and coke bars, or silver and soap. ^^

I'm all for this as I don't store stuff in my bins since I learned that it makes dorfs cancel jobs sometimes whey they are trying to get items from the same bin.
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I too barely use bins, minecarts or wheelbarrows, because I like to glance at my giant stockpiles to get an instant idea of how much stuff I have. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

EpicMadness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

no quantum?

edit: on a side note, dwarfs with gait=100 is a tad faster than dwarfs carrying wheelbarrows...
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 08:23:53 am by EpicMadness »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Maybe I could add Vordaks crafts as alternatives into the set, now that materials have their own sprites.

Large pot, jug, crown, ring, amulet, bracelet, earrings, scepter, figurine, statue, blocks/bricks.

Stoneware, Earthenware, maybe Porcelain set. The blocks are called "bricks" ingame, so I made brick-only walls for it. The objects are mostly Vordaks work, which he already published for his alternate set. I thought it would be nice to have both at the same time; mine for stone, his for ceramics.

Eventually bone, wood, metal crafts would be added.

So... yeah, no furniture except for the statue exists in vanilla DF for ceramics. I kinda forgot about that. :D

EDIT: Wow, glass makes more than up for that. 60 items in total can be made of glass. That's an update all in itself. ^^
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 11:47:16 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

I just imagined sitting in a ceramic dwarf-made chair and I gave myself anxiety.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

I just imagined sitting in a ceramic dwarf-made chair and I gave myself anxiety.
Because the plumbing might be in reverse, with magma instead of water?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile

Because dwarves are tiny and I don't want ceramic shards in my arse. ;P

Granted, they're also robust. Still wouldn't trust it to hold my weight.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile

I'm someone who always prefers the roleplay/atmospheric version to the hacks/exploits. For example I'd vastly prefer a crematory to atom-smashing, because the former one just makes more sense.

A campfire mod that actually starts fires is a big gameplay change btw, it's easy to murder entire sieges with it, by setting the surface on fire when they show up. ;)
after all atom smashing is quasi bug abusing as a workaround for a missing method for getting rid of things.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Meph Tileset V3.3 (44.12) - Download

UPDATE!

Two more material sets to try out: Cavern Woods and Marble. :) I also added a bit more variety to the wood logs, so that you can keep the most important woods apart, the same for bars: Each type now has a unique sprite, which helps a lot to keep coke, ash and iron apart. Soap no longer looks like Silver, Adamantine wafers are actual wafers, etc. :)

Changelog:

- Fixed launcher options: Greedy/Picky nobles.
 - Added metal/rock beds, for those rare artefacts.
 - Added cavern-wood sprites for furniture and constructions (walls/floors/stairs)
 - Added marble sprites for furniture and constructions (walls/floors/stairs)
 - Added unique sprites for cavern, good and evil wood logs.
 - Added unique sprites for special bars: Soap, Ash, Potash/Pearlash, Coke/Charcoal, Adamantine Wafers and Steel.

The new unique sprites for logs/bars:

Current state of the material additions:
Done: Stone; Flux; Wood; Cavern Wood; Metal; Silver; Gold; Obsidian; Marble; Clay.
WIP: Adamantine, Glass, Ice, Ceramics.
Only if modded in: Bone, Gem. (will probably do that)

Once the constructions and furniture is done, I can turn to the weapons, armors, tools and crafts. I don't think many of those are needed, because they are mostly in workshops, trade depots, bins in stockpiles or in someones inventory, but I feel like a few extra sprites would be interesting. Especially for glass and bone items, and the more unique ones like obsidian short swords or build-able tools like hives.

I'm currently fiddling around with the ceramics and started with glass, but the glass industry is a bit larger than anticipated, with 60 objects tied to it. ^^

worbat

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

So, I'm trying to install the modest and the readme says to use the 24x version for my monitor. However, in the folder, it specifies there is only 32x. Am I being stupid or is it hidden somewhere?

LeoCean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

-snip-
The 24 and 16x versions I removed, because they only make extra work and look bad. You can get the exact same result (maybe even better) by just typing "twbt tilesize 24 24" or 16 16 into dfhack while the game runs.

Anyways all 32x means is less tiles on your screen, the ideal for monitors being 80 I believe.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

the modest? No, you are not stupid, I am lazy and didnt update the readme. For size 24, do as LeoCean mentioned and type "twbt tilesize 24 24" into dfhack. :)

Materials in action:

Clay doesn't have furniture, that's why its rather empty. Same for ceramics, only furniture they have is the statue. The five empty fields are adamantine, ice, gem, bone and glass.

Vordak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For wood and fungiwood walls is required to make so that stone part did not change color depending on type of tree\fungi. I.e add stone part to -top.png.
Upd. Pay attention that the metal/silver weapon and armor racks have an extra pothole in down, which should not be.
Upd2. Fungi floor should be contrasted with furniture, the simplest is to make it darker.
Upd3. Golden floor in the form of a grid cuts the eye.
Upd4. Gem floor is best done in the form of a mosaic, like your glass windows. After which windows of course need to be done by others.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:44:29 pm by Vordak »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Vordak: Good points. I'm working in Paint.Net atm, with a touchpad (no mouse), so my skills are a bit limited.

Wood/Fungiwood top-layer: Will do, that makes perfect sense. :)
Sliver/Gold racks: Not sure what you mean. (If its about the mis-alignment: The picture is a mock-up, not an ingame screenshot)
Golden floor: I kinda like it, but I'm open for suggestions. I thought people would use it as highlights, not floor large areas like that.
Gem floor: It actually looks rather nice with colors, and blends in perfectly with normal floor. I want the gem-set to be the normal stone set, just encrusted with gems. :)

First try at glass/ice. (I'm not very happy with it to be honest):

Floor, hatches and doors are fine, but the rest are pretty much placeholders. But that's the style I'd go for: Simple, sharp angles, clear lines, lots of white-space for glass. Ideas?

Edit: Gem floors ingame:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 04:28:42 pm by Meph »

Mrok Girl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph Tileset V3.3 (44.12) - Download

UPDATE!

Oh no, I extracted everything and I'm trying to play but the launcher is stuck on 'loading' T_T

Edit: nevermind, everything is working, it's just me being tired.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 06:19:18 pm by Mrok Girl »
Newcastle 5 Chambers megaproject.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 187