Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Worldmap: What style would you prefer?

Icons, like ASCII but prettier.
Hand-drawn, like an old-timey sepia map.
Full graphics, like JRPGs with full-on sprites.
Same as the tileset ingame. Forests would use the tree sprite, mountains a rock sprite, etc.
Other. Please post your ideas/examples.

Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 187

Author Topic: ☼Meph Tileset☼ V5.5 (32x32) - 47.05 - offline  (Read 878384 times)

Prismaa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The kobolds seems to be missing something, they are the ones that cant mine stone etc? thing is they don't have shovels or axes to cut trees or anything D: dunno if I'm missing something

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

They are the Base kobolds, nobles and military units. Kobolds dont have the same professions as dwarves, for example there are no miners.

Ask vordak for more info on them, he made that set.

Otherwise just keep using my version, the cutebolds I made have sprites for all professions.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Carsius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cool  8)
Ukraine...
Best to avoid that, imo

There's nothing really to worry about there as long as he stays clear of the regions near Crimea.

Hommit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's nothing really to worry about there as long as he stays clear of the regions near Crimea.
West regions have lots of those wannabe-nazis, and there was some armed army deserters reports. Also, lots of health and security risks lately.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

You guys worry too much. I've been in the Ukraine in 2014 when the maidan burned and police were rounding up people.

And if I can travel alone through the Sahara, siberia or Somalia, I'll be fine with a little joyride up the highest peak of the Ukraine. (I'm writing this from a mountain hut it serbia btw :-P)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

waterphage13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Даже здесь укросрач.

Xerberus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: found the answer on reddit, "24x looked not good...only 32x left" .... sorry^^
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello, haven't played Dwarf Fortress for a while and back then still also new to your fantastic tileset. the work you have done looks truly amazing ... i just have one small problem.

in the readme you state that the 32x tileset is optimised for 4k displays and in the pack is a 24x version for 1080p displays...it seems its not implemented anymore or i can't find it.

got it removed / am i missing something or can i use the 32x one also on 1080p display now?

thanks!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2018, 05:20:26 am by Xerberus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Just try the 32x version and please let me know how it goes.  :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

As seen on Reddit, two rather nice screenshots from the set:

Spoiler: Magma tube in a lake (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: FB with firebreath... (click to show/hide)

Anyone want to share more cool screens?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile

That second one looks more like a damned bomb went off in the caverns.

Also, I'm in favor of adding stuff as an option to allow for making ceramic, bone, and gem stuff. Those tiles would get very little use otherwise.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist

Yeah, i am planning an extra workshop for gem, bone and ice furniture/blocks.

Ceramics are in the kiln, make blocks/bricks for the constructions. Optionally I can also add furniture.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Would be a nice option, since it'd also mean we could make stuff out of very specific materials to help with problem dwarves by giving them furniture made out of stuff they like, for example a bed caster would be super useful to give a problem dwarf who likes brass a brass bed, since he'll have to use it regularly and get good thoughts from it.

I don't suppose anyone had an interesting premise for a story fort I can do alongside Battlejudge do they? I'd love to be able to recreate Riverrun's comparative success and this tileset is a perfect for the job (as I'd actually like to show it off for Meph. I mean I basically did the same with Masterwork, why not do it again here?) Might even showcase haberdasher and fungal expansion alongside it.

Bapdorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Sorry for posting such a finicky and personal thing, but after poking around in the files for 2.5 hours and not succeeding I thought I'd ask for help again.
Either intentially or unintentionally, the happiness meter in the bottom right from (I believe) DwarfMonitor seems to have different boundaries than 'normal'; e.g. dwarves with 0 stress rank as happy, rather than fine, and even dwarves with 20k+stress still rank as happy, and any negative stress 'number' count as ecstatic. After having 3 supposedly 'happy' dwarves start tantruming and entering depression from stress, I wanted to change it to be more discriminating,. However, I have little experience poking around in actual gamefiles and I cannot find this in any config, and I can't work out how to change it. Thanks

Unrelated Addendum;
A mixture of confusion and/or respect and/or concern upon realising the original download post contains images of non-wood beds; for all those artifact beds we're going to be getting?? Concerning dedication, or am I missing something?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry for posting such a finicky and personal thing, but after poking around in the files for 2.5 hours and not succeeding I thought I'd ask for help again.
Either intentially or unintentionally, the happiness meter in the bottom right from (I believe) DwarfMonitor seems to have different boundaries than 'normal'; e.g. dwarves with 0 stress rank as happy, rather than fine, and even dwarves with 20k+stress still rank as happy, and any negative stress 'number' count as ecstatic. After having 3 supposedly 'happy' dwarves start tantruming and entering depression from stress, I wanted to change it to be more discriminating,. However, I have little experience poking around in actual gamefiles and I cannot find this in any config, and I can't work out how to change it. Thanks

That's more of an issue with a DF hack plugin, rather than the tileset.

Unrelated Addendum;
A mixture of confusion and/or respect and/or concern upon realising the original download post contains images of non-wood beds; for all those artifact beds we're going to be getting?? Concerning dedication, or am I missing something?

Hence the thing floated earlier so we can actually make use of those other graphics outside  artifacts, cause otherwise there'd be no reason to make them besides completion's sake.

Bapdorf

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile

Thanks, and wow Im blind about the bed thing, it was literally right above. Oops. While I like the idea of additional workshops, it also seems to be straying outside the realm of 'tileset'. I was surprised enough to get a bonus awesome launcher with my tileset, (no complaints there) I also think that if things like this are implemented, the download should be 'advertised' as more of a complete launcher/modpack, rather than simply a tileset, as it is already far more than most other tilesets on so many levels.
I only posted the DwarfMonitor thing on here as I believe the settings are changed in the launcher, but will try on DFHack forums.
Pages: 1 ... 101 102 [103] 104 105 ... 187