Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: I infected lots of people with lycanthropy...  (Read 3431 times)

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
I infected lots of people with lycanthropy...
« on: November 23, 2016, 08:16:11 am »

So some time ago, I made my character a werebeast by knocking over a statue at the local temple. Then I waited for the full moon and went to town, trying to infect as many citizens as possible.  8)

Interesting note: If you bite them hard in werebeast mode, then go to fast travel mode and come back, most of them will immediately become werebeasts. Very handy to ensure they don't just bleed to death before the next full moon.

So when the citizens become werebeasts, they start attacking other people, at least when I'm around. But if I leave the area, it looks like nothing happens. According to Legends mode, they haven't started acting like proper werebeasts, attacking/infecting people every full moon, moving out of town and living in a lair, and such.  :(

I've repeated the same thing in a few other settlements, too. In fact, if I leave town a bit early (before they're done killing townsfolk), I can come back on the next full moon and watch the old mayhem continue, more-or-less. 

I guess Toady has some more work to do in the Night Creature department. Or it's a post-worldgen world activation issue.
At least for now we can challenge our adventurers by setting up a town of werebeast massacre.

Killgoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I infected lots of people with lycanthropy...
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 06:35:33 pm »

Have you made a fortress and let several years pass before checking up in legends mode?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:06:47 pm »

I did something I called the Weremammothening, and Weremammothening 2: Smells like Weremoose, plus Return of the Weremammothening: Weremammoth Harder.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2016, 02:03:42 pm »

Have you made a fortress and let several years pass before checking up in legends mode?
I don't think that werecreatures do much after worldgen (except in fort mode) yet.  Unless they are lucky and get caught up In a war. Mb's don't do much in world activation yet so I imagine it's the same case for werebeasts.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »

Does the game immediately let you know you've been cursed by the gods?  I tried toppling every statue at the main hall in a town, waited for a full moon, don't think anything happened. I still get drowsy so I still need to sleep, so I'm definitely not a vampire.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2016, 04:28:44 pm »

Does the game immediately let you know you've been cursed by the gods?  I tried toppling every statue at the main hall in a town, waited for a full moon, don't think anything happened. I still get drowsy so I still need to sleep, so I'm definitely not a vampire.

The mead hall or keep isn't the same thing as a temple. In the fast travel screen, their names appear in cyan.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2016, 04:40:44 pm »

Thanks, just got cursed. This should be fun.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2016, 04:57:31 pm »

Thanks, just got cursed. This should be fun.

If you can see red dots behind walls, congratulations! You're a bloodsucker now. What you see is people's warm blood. Just approach someone sleeping, or knock them out or choke them, press the (e)at button, and enjoy your drink.

If you don't see the dots, you're a werebeast. You still need to eat, drink and sleep. Once a month you become a random beast twisted into humanoid form, glowing colorful eyes and a weakness to a random metal. Be carefull, all your equiped items will become hauled, and if you get attacked (or even move, can't remember) you'll drop 'em all. No wonder worldgen werebeasts spend their days in caves, naked and greeting everyone that pays them a visit with a "I hate you".
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.