Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37

Author Topic: Nintendo Switch  (Read 62585 times)

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Switch
« Reply #120 on: January 13, 2017, 12:17:14 am »

Splatoon2! Vertical flick with rollers! swim with a charged charger! duck and weave akimbo-splatershots! no buckets or splatlings shown :(  no love for my weapon types oh well, but dat akimbo-shot do!
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 13, 2017, 12:54:31 am »

Looks like some websites are already taking preorders. I have a bunch of gift cards so I could get about 100 dollars off if I wanted to...

I wasn't paying attention during the montage at the end so I don't know if I missed anything interesting there.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 13, 2017, 01:03:40 am »

You guys are definitely stoking the fires of the economy. :P

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 13, 2017, 01:10:36 am »

The only versions they talked about were Red/Blue controllers and Black controllers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 13, 2017, 01:25:08 am »

Pretty sure they were talking about the chat and scheduling app thingy with that. Hopefully.
It's FEF, not FEOF

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 13, 2017, 01:32:53 am »

It's not being enacted until next Fall, however. I wouldn't be entirely surprised if a strong release made them reconsider, either.

Still, I don't necessarily mind paid online. Nintendo's online services have been questionable, a stronger budget would serve it well.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 13, 2017, 01:40:07 am »

Super weapons that completely invalidate the game prior to their use?

Whelp now I can definitely see the Nintendo influence on Splatoon.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 13, 2017, 01:48:08 am »

Och, they're going to start with free online play and then yank it away from people? This seems like a huge marketing fiasco waiting to happen, for all the people who don't read this stuff and find their online doesn't work one day.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 13, 2017, 01:50:10 am »

There's a lot of room for more details that we don't quite have yet. For example, they might provide free online for all games released before the deadline indefinitely. We just don't know.
No Gods, No Masters.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 13, 2017, 11:54:38 am »

I wonder if the switch will have apps like netflix, and if you will have to pay to use them online? I don't know, I don't think I'd bother with multiplayer if I had to pay extra for it. I don't think many of my gaming friends will be getting the switch so paying to play games with randos on the internet has pretty much zero appeal for me. Especially if it has a voice chat lobby full of whingy kids.

The more I think about it the less I want to buy one at this point. I'd really like to play the new Zelda game but so far that's pretty much the only game I'd be interested in. My 3DS sits around collecting dust, I don't really need another Nintendo console to do the same.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2017, 03:13:37 pm »

My friend has been trying to get me to board the hype train for this device.  I have been a longtime avid believer of the Yahtzee Crowshaw Gamer Matrix.   I am torn.

Consider this PTW as me boarding the hype train but making sure I'm on the seat next to the emergency exit so I can quickly bail out in case of derailment.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2017, 03:21:02 pm »

Makeing us pay to play a game online? Really? I hope they don't mean that if I go out and buy a multiplayer game I don't have to pay more just to use it. That would just be stupid. Internet bills alone are expensive.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 13, 2017, 03:23:09 pm »

Do we know how much the online fee is yet?   It could just be like pokebank and be a piddly tiny amount that barely pays for chat servers. 

I mean hell, the short stint when I owned my own server pc it cost me more per month keeping it running(admittedly it was the computer equivalent of a fix-er-upper) than the pokebank cost all year.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:26:12 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 13, 2017, 04:02:15 pm »

A better question is just how many games with online components is Nintendo planning to have. Because right now, from the lineup we've seen it seems to be Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 aaaaaand maybe that boxing thing with springy arms?

Not exactly a selection I'd be willing to pay ANY money for.

Even better question: do Nintendo plan to keep up with the demand this time?

Cthulufaic

• Bay Watcher
  • whats a touhou
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 13, 2017, 04:04:02 pm »

Do we know how much the online fee is yet?   It could just be like pokebank and be a piddly tiny amount that barely pays for chat servers. 

I mean hell, the short stint when I owned my own server pc it cost me more per month keeping it running(admittedly it was the computer equivalent of a fix-er-upper) than the pokebank cost all year.
From what I've heard its going to be around $60 annually, the same as PS+ and Xbox Live Gold.  Hopefully there will also be monthly options.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 37