Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Roll To be Determined: Turn 20 - So close yet so far  (Read 31715 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 14 - Hidden Psionics, Open Fire
« Reply #195 on: December 17, 2016, 11:43:03 pm »

Takashi....Holds their hand over their mouth tears falling down their cheeks at the senseless loss of life and her Comrads end....Poor girl is sobbing at least.....It sounds like sobbing?
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: December 18, 2016, 06:16:25 am »

Karlan gingerly pokes at Arienne's prone form with a stick, then moves her into a more comfortable position.

He then has a look through Ckaeyod's remains, spreading the stuff out on the ground.

Jagged yellow patterns are darting over his head and tentacles, but he does not sign or write anything.
One wheel short of a wagon

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: December 18, 2016, 02:09:08 pm »

((Enjoy your new curse, Arienne. I hope it brings you as much grief as it did Ckaeyod. Guess I'll just watch now to see if it does :())
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: December 19, 2016, 06:55:44 am »

Yanethi had not known either of his quarrelling comrades for long to be upset at this latest development, and it seemed that the proper thing was being done and someone was attending to the bodies.

However, he was a little disappointed to be travelling in the company of someone who, as far as he could objectively discern, was likely a moron. To start a fight almost out of nothing was the work of a toddler, and to bring this to such a distance was the work of a fool. Perhaps Arienne was mentally neither and only defended herself, but he remembered a saying about it requiring two people to dance.

He shook his head and stood to watch if the fire took hold.

If the fire threatens to spread, Yanethi will act to, if possible, summon rain, and if required I will properly describe this action. It is an unnatural intervention, but then so was Arienne’s. Otherwise, Yanethi will make to follow the direction of the caravan.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 15 - Death and Looking for a New Player
« Reply #199 on: December 19, 2016, 02:17:44 pm »

Turn 15 - Death and Looking for a New Player

"Such a fucking idiot..."

Arienne continues to point her stave at Ckaeyod.

"I'm going to kill you. That is true. It may not be here. It may not be now. But I shall kill you.

This is your punishment, you fool. Never underestimate anyone.
"

It seems to take great effort, but she lowers her staff, and attempts to suppress the fiery rage burning within her.

Action edited in regards to the latest development.
"SUIT YOURSELF, FOOLISH HERETIC! I WILL TEAR YOU LIMB FROM LIMB! ELVEN WHORE!" Ckaeyod's white eyes are stained with a reddish hue.
He's very clearly lost it, at least for now. Smirking devilishly, Ckaeyod raises his right hand above his head. "The great void beckons for you, harlot. Do you heed it's call?"

Action PM'd
Release the power and hatred from the Being and allow it to flow through me, release it in a violent burst aimed at Arienne with the goal of rending body, mind and soul alike.

[3] You try to call upon the entities powers but only manage to scratch the surface. [6] But your control of what you did get is impeccable. The energy bursts out from you and starts to rend soul from flesh. [3] Once it is activated though the pain from your arm actively being reduced to ash distracts you long enough for Arienne to act.

"You're just proving me right. Very well. I suppose you leave me no choice.

But I'm going to enjoy this.
"

Arienne once again points her stave at Ckaeyod and, focusing her anger, sends a wave of flames upon him.

[5] The rage you tried to keep down no longer lets itself be caged. You once again point your staff at him and now there is no need to aim. A ray of fire connects the staff and the flames on his arm. [6] With your surging fire the flame also surges out of control. [1] Maybe a little too powerful as it spread to the terrain around him. While he might not survive another moment without something saving him, you might have caused a bit of a wildfire. Maybe you could try to control it? Maybe you could try to fuel it!

((Ckaeyod has an action to try to do something or else he is toast))
((Arienne can try to stop or amplify the wildfire, or maybe, just maybe try to protect her soul in-case someone decided to go out with her))

"If I smite thee then I am no worse than thee."

Arienne does her best to dissipate the flames. The intense pain of the scald wounds Ckaeyod has received should already be more than enough to distract him from counterattacking.

Arienne attempts to control the flames, with the sentiment discussed in the PM at the forefront of her mind. If it's possible to stop the fire entirely, she does so. If not, she simply cancels out the spread.

[4] She barely manages to stop the spread, foregoing the chance to stop him from literally ripping her soul out.

"No matter how much you burn me.. you ca nt burn It. You're already dead." Ckaeyod becomes calm enough to regain his erudite way of speaking despite being on fire. "I regret none of this, for I know a Heaven awaits me beyond this. An eternal refuge that I will experience, rejoicing with my coven and worshipping the Silver God. He smiles upon me even in a situation like this..." Ckaeyods eyes hold a grim determination.

Ckaeyod seems to almost draw in the flames [2] but sadly for him while the fire seems tamed almost but the raw emotions contained within it are to strong, maybe the suffering of having ones soul ripped out might boost some emotions? The more he struggles the more he realizes the damage isn't from the fire itself but rather burning rage given form. [1] Sadly he is even less able to handle this compared to the flames. It is almost as if the fact that his own power now being based on rage makes it the perfect fuel for this fire. [5] Luckily he is able to protect his soul or else his claim of a heaven waiting after would prove false. With this he decides to sacrifice the last thread of his life to shove The Entity within him at Arienne to finish her off.

Sadly as he does that a laughter erupts from within him. Now you find out that while we are one, we are not equal~ Does an ox mind if a single hair gets plucked~? It might sting but it is hardly the end~ Though I prepared a better vessel for me so I don't even have to go back to beyond~ You were too stubborn, too stupid, and too focused on some pitiful demigods cult when you could have had more power then that fool with a tenth of the followers~ Then again I guess that is why he had the cult do that ritual~ Let me tell you a secret~ The ritual worked and did everything it was meant to~ All it actually does is pull the most powerful entity nearby into a being while letting the person stay in control~ At the cost of your small and pitiful cult that silver meathead was willing to bet on you being able to spread the faith enough to make up for it~ Sadly this is were your story ends and your "god" can't help you in the afterlife because only a full god can do that~

With that Ckaeyod's last breath of life leaves him and a cloud of golden energy bursts out of his body. This energy quickly streams over to Arienne and swirls around her. Ever closer and ever inward it circles till finally it comes into contact with her body. [4] The energy quickly streams inward though anyone watching would seem what looks like runes encompassing the cloud quickly flash. While tattered they still remain intact and likely what will let her keep her mind. As the energy is streaming into her it also channels through the staff fundamentally changing it. Now the quartz heart is tinted a deep purple and the wood will forever feel warm to the touch. With that the flames around the area lose their purple tint and now seem to be just regular flames which she quickly extinguishes since she was already trying to reduce the rage powered flames.

[Arienne, Loses Untapped and Gains Raging Fire Magic Lv1]
[Arienne, Loses Penny Pincher lv4 and Gains Uncontrolled Novice Reality Bending Lv1]
[Ckaeyod, Dies and his soul goes back into the wheel of reincarnation which he came from in the first place]

Spoiler: Coolrune206 - Aŕenne (click to show/hide)

((:C))

Arienne, all things considered, decides that now is a good time to lose consciousness and recover her mental sanity.

((I'm interested in how the group treats this.))

[1] Arienne mind tries to black out in order to process what just happened. Do note the use of the word 'tries' as she does not succeed at this though she does turn unresponsive this just means she is trapped in her own mind.

Takashi....Holds their hand over their mouth tears falling down their cheeks at the senseless loss of life and her Comrads end....Poor girl is sobbing at least.....It sounds like sobbing?

[5] Why yes it does sound like sobbing. In fact everyone thinks you are truly distraught over it. Whether you are or not is left up to you.

Karlan gingerly pokes at Arienne's prone form with a stick, then moves her into a more comfortable position.

He then has a look through Ckaeyod's remains, spreading the stuff out on the ground.

Jagged yellow patterns are darting over his head and tentacles, but he does not sign or write anything.

[6] What would appear to not be much more than a pile of ash at this point gives way to a small pile of money. 1sp and 225cp to be specific.

Yanethi had not known either of his quarrelling comrades for long to be upset at this latest development, and it seemed that the proper thing was being done and someone was attending to the bodies.

However, he was a little disappointed to be travelling in the company of someone who, as far as he could objectively discern, was likely a moron. To start a fight almost out of nothing was the work of a toddler, and to bring this to such a distance was the work of a fool. Perhaps Arienne was mentally neither and only defended herself, but he remembered a saying about it requiring two people to dance.

He shook his head and stood to watch if the fire took hold.

If the fire threatens to spread, Yanethi will act to, if possible, summon rain, and if required I will properly describe this action. It is an unnatural intervention, but then so was Arienne’s. Otherwise, Yanethi will make to follow the direction of the caravan.

With return to being normal fire it was effectively snuffed by Arienne. Still just to be cautious you [3] don't quite manage rain but a tweak or two later and your half certain it will maybe rain sometime either today or early tomorrow.

A slight wind picks up and the pile of ash that was once a part of the group blows away in the wind denied even a burial vase. Maybe the group will engrave a burial slab for him at some point. Now left with nothing to tie them to the area they can continue on-wards. Though they do need do something about their comatose friend whether carrying her or waiting for her to wake up. Once that is cleared up they have the choice of what to do, two options of which are whether to travel through the forest or around it ((Though remember this is just were the road leads and you can head wherever you want)). It does need mention that group gets the feeling that if they meet up with the caravan that was just in front of them they won't have a warm reception and that group went around the forest. Finally to wrap up this so far horrible day a feeling of loss permeates the group. Not the loss of a companion though they do have that as well but the loss of something deeper as if the group is more than just them and now missing a part needs it replaced. Along with this feeling is the notion that if they just continue onward that missing part will be filled by fate.

((Now down by 1 we will be looking for a new player. Whatever character they make will be added to the group when reasonable so no airdropping replacements onto the group and if a party wipe happens at some point before they can gather new companions it would be over.))
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 15 - Death and Looking for a New Player
« Reply #200 on: December 19, 2016, 03:11:41 pm »

Karlan points down the path the caravan did not take. He then etches onto his wax tablet:

Slow, afraid: hostile. Caravan dangerous.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:45:13 pm by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 19, 2016, 04:43:38 pm »

Arienne does her best to retain her sanity, and attempts to wake up.

"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 19, 2016, 05:28:18 pm »

Be calm....Have my weapon ready.....Be prepared to fight if they try to kill me.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2016, 03:37:57 pm »

Yanethi shrugs.

"I've done nothing to them; they've done nothing to me. Why not follow? Perhaps we have things to offer each other - we have no other aim right now that I know of."

Follow the caravan - catch up if easy, but don't strain. If my comrades object, follow my comrades instead.

((sorry brief action and will be for the next week due to Christmas - no access to a keyboard... - AI me if required please))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2016, 03:44:47 pm »

((lawastooshort, just to note. The caravan you are talking about ran away from your group in fear. That and I specifically call out that they would not be happy to see you at the end of the turn. What they know of your group is that you like to start giant fires and throw them at each other. You as a player might think you have done nothing to them but far as they are concerned everyone in your little group are pyromaniac wizards and all the characters realize this from how they acted when it all went down.))

((Edit: Oh and I totally did not realize next week was Christmas. With that in mind turns will likely slow down or stop till the new year.))
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 03:47:24 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 21, 2016, 12:52:40 pm »

((oh, I know that from the outside it looks bad, but having done nothing wrong, Yanethi is inclined to believe that reason will win the day and he can peacefully converse with these people. It he is so terrifying, why would they attack him? And since he's essentially a nice person, why would he attack them? But as I said, if the rest of the group go the other direction, I will follow.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: January 04, 2017, 07:17:48 pm »

((lawastooshort, just to note. The caravan you are talking about ran away from your group in fear. That and I specifically call out that they would not be happy to see you at the end of the turn. What they know of your group is that you like to start giant fires and throw them at each other. You as a player might think you have done nothing to them but far as they are concerned everyone in your little group are pyromaniac wizards and all the characters realize this from how they acted when it all went down.))

((Edit: Oh and I totally did not realize next week was Christmas. With that in mind turns will likely slow down or stop till the new year.))
((Happy new year. Do you plan to continue this?))
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #207 on: January 04, 2017, 07:18:36 pm »

((Going to have the post go up tommorowish.))

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Turn 16 - Getting out my CoC 6th edition book
« Reply #208 on: January 05, 2017, 05:38:01 pm »

Turn 16 - Getting out my CoC 6th edition book

Arienne does her best to retain her sanity, and attempts to wake up.

Arienne struggles upward towards sanity. [1] Her mind though can not deal with what has happened and [7] a part of it just feels foreign now. Her [6] right leg now no longer feels a part of her and does not respond, time will heal all but this might take a bit. Luckily she has a staff to help her walk I guess.

Be calm....Have my weapon ready.....Be prepared to fight if they try to kill me.

No one seems to want to kill you.

Karlan points down the path the caravan did not take. He then etches onto his wax tablet:

Yanethi shrugs.

"I've done nothing to them; they've done nothing to me. Why not follow? Perhaps we have things to offer each other - we have no other aim right now that I know of."

Follow the caravan - catch up if easy, but don't strain. If my comrades object, follow my comrades instead.

((sorry brief action and will be for the next week due to Christmas - no access to a keyboard... - AI me if required please))

Both of you want to continue though different directions. Luckily Arienne has woken up so you can continue. Unluckily her leg doesn't seem to want to do what she wants. With the speed the caravan went off and her inability to go above a fast walk you are not likely to catch up with them.

((Everyone, go into the forest or around? Forest is quicker but likely more dangerous while around is longer but safer though depending on what that caravan tells any patrols as it flees you might meet some trouble.))

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Roll To be Determined: Turn 16 - Getting out my CoC 6th edition book
« Reply #209 on: January 05, 2017, 05:59:20 pm »

Arienne doesn't speak. The glares she awards the others with are cold and mistrustful.

She hobbles in whichever direction the party chooses, supporting herself with the staff.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16