Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91619 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2017, 12:40:45 am »

That's what Shakeragian means. Why do you ask?
Good, because if you weren't you'd be a heretic.

And we all know what happens to heretics.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2017, 05:38:24 am »

Cinder: Who would you want on a scumteam with you and why?  Also, what was your previous name, I feel like I remember you but under a different name.
I've been scum fairly often for the few Mafia games here I've had, but none of the people I usually scum with are in this game, I think. I don't really know much about anyone's scum capability because I usually get myself found out through bad luck before I even get to scum properly. (Like that one time TDS changeling'd me in BYOR or whatever augh)

So I suppose that if I wanted anyone on scumteam it'd be somebody who knows to kill off the investigative roles quickly before I end up as the mafia's sacrificial lamb.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2017, 05:39:17 am »

Though I suppose that it might actually help our chance in a theoretical mafia game if they knew when to fold and gang up on me to reduce their suspicion.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2017, 06:52:27 am »

Cinder: Who would you want on a scumteam with you and why?  Also, what was your previous name, I feel like I remember you but under a different name.
I've been scum fairly often for the few Mafia games here I've had, but none of the people I usually scum with are in this game, I think. I don't really know much about anyone's scum capability because I usually get myself found out through bad luck before I even get to scum properly. (Like that one time TDS changeling'd me in BYOR or whatever augh)

So I suppose that if I wanted anyone on scumteam it'd be somebody who knows to kill off the investigative roles quickly before I end up as the mafia's sacrificial lamb.
Nah, bussing is lame.

But what you said is very interesting, Cinder.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2017, 07:11:13 am »

4mask, why wouldn't I ask someone about their role when it immediately and drastically impacts the game?

TBF
TDS

Why do you have the vote?
Do you really think TDS is going to put himself up for lynching?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2017, 07:46:15 am »

Unless we have a town killing role I'm not sure Fallacy would allow TDS to be scum and control lynchings. Unless this was only for day one, then he might be scum.

Nah, bussing is lame.

So I'm scum because I answered a question about scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2017, 07:55:40 am »

Unless we have a town killing role I'm not sure Fallacy would allow TDS to be scum and control lynchings. Unless this was only for day one, then he might be scum.

Nah, bussing is lame.

So I'm scum because I answered a question about scum?
Of course not. That would be silly. I just didn't like your answer.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2017, 07:59:32 am »

That's more likely me being bad at Mafia.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2017, 08:03:16 am »

Also I forgot to mention, I'm Objective.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2017, 08:30:54 am »

I forgot what BYOR'Fallacy-themes do.

They play with votes a lot :I
And also be silly a lot I:

So I'm going to play meta and think of TDS as possibly town unless otherwise presented with my norm of notes--attitude and personality/behavior.

TDS: YOu're like a KINGMAKER here (forgot the term, is like 'king' when they're in control of hammer)--how do you best plan to use it, and are you favorably equal in seeing everyone's potential of speaking and the quality they hold?

Everyone: We're on indefinite day, do recall.
Despite the rules--for the newbies out there new to FoU-style BYORs--player roles and otherwise overlap the rules if they affect them, as seen in the day start. So this bit:
A special hammer system is in effect:
The game will consist of 72 hour days and 48 hour nights(the time will not pass during weekends). During the day, the day may end because of a hammer(getting the majority of the game's available votes on a player will lynch that player, ending the day), or because of the deadline. What makes this system different is that at LYLO or MYLO, the hammer system will not be active, and the only way to end the day will be via reaching the deadline. To prevent mod confirmation of the fact that it's MYLO or LYLO, the fact that the hammer system is not or is being used will not be announced.
Is covered by whatever TDS is or does.

TBF
Quite possibly.
Are you going to post more, with more stuff than acknowledgement of other people's ideas? :P
And, how do you generally plan to communicate? This needs an answer of a concrete idea rather than a vague abstracted one.

Web
How?
It's webadict, draw your own conclusions.  At this point I just take everything he says at face value publicly and privately try to figure out his angle.
It's for my benefit. And theirs.
Oh wooow. This reminds me of the time I was Queen of Canada. :I Well this is quite a silly thing.
Although I doubt people can sincerely pick a role and THEN this role is transmitted post-FoUing into the game; moreso I believe it's a randomized role HE picked while translating our ideas that we sent to him.
So yeah...
I sit here curiously looking at you now o_o with how you said that thing and why.
Because that also reminds me of how as the Queen before, I had super secret bodyguards~
And also an assassin :V So yay.

Cincin
[...]

So nobody in particular? :P
> How do you feel about your playstyle in general and how do you think you'll work with an unorthodox theme as BYORs?

Flame99 and Blackheartkabal: Same question

I've thought about the voting and here's my idea:

Vote in Lime Green and I'll consider your vote. Once ~2 days have passed without too many vote changes or one person has ~1/3 of the votes, I'll put the person with the most votes up for lynching (unless I'm fairly certain that they're not town). So feel free to pressure vote each other like this: TBF.
You...pressure voted TBF with nothing to say? :P
You pretty much make the rules :O are you going to do a list of all folks present?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Wait.

TDS: Why do you have the vote?  What possessed you to want voting to work that way?

I submitted a Shakeragian role intended to give me the only vote because I thought it would be funny and to see what Fallacy would do with it. It almost worked, except everyone else has to confirm my choice too :P.

Also, no, I'm not going to put myself up for lynching no matter how many votes I get.
...Curious.
You submitted a Shakeragian role, with an intent. There is no way someone can submit a role with an intent as it declarifies the game and pretty much makes bias out of the GM, who would be impartial (and I doubt this is so bastard/twisted that the GM becomes a force within the game >_>)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2017, 10:42:51 am »

I can't really give a meaningful answer given my limited experience in forum-based mafia. I think I'm mainly just watching and producing tells while also seeing how other people interpret tells.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2017, 10:44:28 am »

That said, I would rather not be lynched prematurely and if TDS puts me up for lynching then I'd be forced to roleclaim.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2017, 10:44:38 am »

Tiruin:What on earth do you mean by
You submitted a Shakeragian role, with an intent. There is no way someone can submit a role with an intent as it declarifies the game and pretty much makes bias out of the GM, who would be impartial (and I doubt this is so bastard/twisted that the GM becomes a force within the game >_>)
?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2017, 10:45:18 am »

I can't really give a meaningful answer given my limited experience in forum-based mafia. I think I'm mainly just watching and producing tells while also seeing how other people interpret tells.
That said, I would rather not be lynched prematurely and if TDS puts me up for lynching then I'd be forced to roleclaim.
Cinder:Why?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2017, 10:50:47 am »

Because my role necessitate more information in order to create more information.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 57