Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92399 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #135 on: March 04, 2017, 03:02:47 am »

webadict:Did you see what I said in my earlier post?
Did you see what I wrote in mine? I don't give out freebies. Trade info for info.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 04, 2017, 03:39:05 am »

I believe you missed something in there.  A key bit in there.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 04, 2017, 03:40:59 am »

In fact, the key is in here too.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 04, 2017, 04:11:17 am »

That said, are you in a position to disclose more on the specifics of your role, TDS?

The majority of my actual role is already stated on the first post of the game describing the voting system (there's also some text stating that the description of the voting system will be displayed to everyone and some other text stating that I actually have the control over the voting system that the stated description claims I do).

Cinder: Why do you ask?

Because given the nature of your role, you will likely die regardless of whether you are town or scum by tonight. If you have more utility than controlling the vote, then maybe somebody who is capable migt be able to protect you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 04, 2017, 04:14:06 am »

Also, why would I ask more specifics on your role if I was scum? I would just keep quiet and kill you.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 04, 2017, 05:20:16 am »

Also, why would I ask more specifics on your role if I was scum? I would just keep quiet and kill you.
Or you'd ask more specifics in order to determine whether he's truly a threat or if voting mechanics are all he does.  After all, if the scum can manipulate a town TDS sufficiently, they can keep him around as a useful idiot who can force the lynch to go in their favor or not at all.  If TDS is town, his power cuts both ways: he's able to make decisions on who to put up for lynch, but he can be manipulated into using that power on the wrong people and keep the scum from being in consideration for the lynch.

webadict: What you're doing here is quite clever, regardless of your alignment and role.  I'm interested in seeing how you proceed with this, so to that end...

Who am I?  Well I suppose that depends on who you ask.  If you ask my friends, they'll tell you a lot of things, but if you ask a stranger?  I'm really nobody special.  I wasn't top of my class, I was never a star athlete, I was never the best at my job.  If you passed me on the street, I'd just be another face in the crowd, somebody you wouldn't remember within a minute as new people pass.  But if there's one thing I can say for myself... well, I'm certainly determined, and if that's all that counted I'd be right near the top.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 04, 2017, 05:29:36 am »

That doesn't matter because a town killing role can choose to kill TDS, anyways.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 04, 2017, 07:02:26 am »

I don't even get who Weatherwax is, nor how people are going all :O all over.

:V

That said, TBF, I'd like a lot more substance out of you this game (and...even a note if you missed how many times I asked you something and then mentioned something wholly out of context). What are your thoughts about others?

PFP

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 04, 2017, 09:18:05 am »

@webadict:...Okay, I'll buy in to your thing.  Whatcha got in there?
Many things for many people. Depends on who's asking. I believe I have a list of prices already displayed. The more info you give, the better I can help you.

That doesn't matter because a town killing role can choose to kill TDS, anyways.
Having anyone control the vote is NOT as much of an advantage as you think. If TDS dies, the lynch goes back to normal, I presume, which means if he hits scum, he might die. If he misses, well... it can be good to shift the blame onto him, which makes him be pressured to do better. It is very hard to do a job like that.

@4mask: Are you having a good day?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 04, 2017, 10:36:32 am »

Tiruin:Well what exactly are your questions, and have you ever read Discworld?

webadict:I think you're missing some info in my posts.  In fact, it's getting to the point in which I might actually claim because you're not getting in.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 04, 2017, 11:19:07 am »

Tiruin:Well what exactly are your questions, and have you ever read Discworld?

webadict:I think you're missing some info in my posts.  In fact, it's getting to the point in which I might actually claim because you're not getting in.
... I'm gonna take a wild guess and assume that 8/9 players understand what you do.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 04, 2017, 11:20:34 am »

All 9 players have done it.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 04, 2017, 01:12:59 pm »

All 9 players have done it.
Unless your role is "Participant of Fallacy's BYOR," I can't hazard a guess.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 04, 2017, 01:17:04 pm »

Look in the first posts.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 04, 2017, 01:46:25 pm »

Look in the first posts.
Nah. I literally do not have time for you.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57