Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92316 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #165 on: March 04, 2017, 07:25:36 pm »

This might be a little bit presumptuous, seeing as I haven't played much, but I suggest we avoid trusting either Webadict or TBF. If they're fighting like this, it's doubtful that the two are both scum, but one or the other might be independent. Do note I'm not leveling an accusation and I think it's too early to try to lynch them, but let's not take what they say as granted.
Why aren't you leveling an accusation?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 04, 2017, 08:00:09 pm »

PPE since I've made a post but it got eaten by lolinternets :V

This might be a little bit presumptuous, seeing as I haven't played much, but I suggest we avoid trusting either Webadict or TBF. If they're fighting like this, it's doubtful that the two are both scum, but one or the other might be independent. Do note I'm not leveling an accusation and I think it's too early to try to lynch them, but let's not take what they say as granted.
This was my thinking before the post got eaten--TBF is acting sporadically shortsighted [ok, focus on webadict. Then wat. There seems to be no evident progress at all, and you'll only be left with looking at how others interacted to find scum.], and webadict is either being his noir and mysterious self...
Or rather clever in rolefishing in a way, via reaction telling in a way. Still have no idea why Canada at first but he's only got a small sample of the population in responses and it's not that...full, given several people not having a response to some of his posts during that time.

That said, my best impression is that people must be active today--I'm reading well on webadict by virtue of his posting, and in comparison to TBF, while I'm still lost in what he's doing (I mean, my role is me, and I'm a Filipina, not Canadian.[/sillypoke] :v), I can read into him quite well.

In contrast, while your meta is brevity due to phone--not acknowledging other people is both rude, and a rather acrid tell on the scum Ph meter. It's not rather a scumtell because one can actually be town while focusing on others, but what does that entail for anyone is the implications of your activity. Scum can easily use that if you're town, and if you're scum it's rather not a good way of playing the day game [did...you take up a BM? ._.] as it lessens your opportunities UNLESS there is verifiable notes in your role [that given this setting and setup, is reasonable in part] which allows you to confer or get a substantial read on other people.

TBF (because it's not for use anyway and red is particularly best at the seeing-light-o-meter...although I do like Orange), I would like you to address other people here too. There's no wrong in doing that, and you're doing as much key presses on your phone than I am on my laptoppy.
Is there any reason you're avoiding answering me?
Is there any reason you've a lackluster answer to others here?
Webadict can be eeehhhh, but how do you even follow that up? You're being vague at him--while he's being vague because that's how he was earlier on [and generally, other people--especially town--do not interrupt what they see as implied reads-going-on; that's a lesson I learned early on by reading others' posts and wondering how it goes while in their figurative shoes, if it somehow seems like it's going somewhere, interruptions aren't had until later on]

As noting that most people aren't posting that much, I assume passive observation in play. As in people reading up others.
Flame99/BlackheartKabal/Cinder: How do you feel about today? What are your gists on other players?
@Flame: I find reason in your thinking, so who do you find would be best for your insights for now and later on?

Deus Asmoth: Can I ask a read list from you thus far given possible passive observation from you? Do you think there's

4mask: Followup ideas on your insights on people.

TDS (Not TBF because the lettering is similar):
I feel like a no-lynch is also a possibility. Setting a standard here, my role has a common power and a one-shot appended [though I'm amorphous because wow FoU, nice work in making me decide what abilities to be :I yea this is softclaiming because I am nothing but me.], given the ratio of a possible 7/2 in general from utterly Mafia to Town/otherwise, tonight would be pretty much either--if depending on people's ideas in extremes, a high-power play game [like all those mass protects and stuff]--or people doing pattern targeting. This is inferred and based on the notion of role powers over the lynch [and that TDS would control the vote tomorrow anyway, so without saying anything, there's also a play on who targets who which would lead to more reads].

PPE x1

PFP

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 04, 2017, 08:09:03 pm »

EBWOP because wow I remembered something was missed which explains those two tabs that had 'internet error'

@4mask: Are you having a good day?
Meh, we're still no closer to finding scum, so I'll go with "so-so".

TBF You're being cheeky, but in a very annoying fashion, and you literally just dodged Tiruin's request for reads.  Less spazzing and veiled hints and more interaction would be nice.  I'll repeat the question you were asked earlier: what are your thoughts on the other players in this game?
@4mask:

Wuba is weird.  Seems towny, but weird.  I'm somewhat surprised he does not have any information on my role.  Perhaps he needs to look with more enthusiasm.  *cough*

I don't have many reads on anyone else because I've mostly been focusing on wuba.

This should've been in my latest post, but that's for emphasis on being rudely ignored.
It's like I'm on a block list but even if one is in a block list--all their posts will be shown while you browse, just in a spoiler format so you don't see the content by default.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 04, 2017, 08:26:15 pm »

They probably were a little, but that's because I was trying to get Wuba to notice my softclaiming.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 04, 2017, 08:27:54 pm »

They probably were a little, but that's because I was trying to get Wuba to notice my softclaiming.
I don't even know what you're referring to now. :I
* Tiruin fizzles.

[Haaaa, I can use the /me tags now that red stuff dun matter...mechanically at the moment!~]

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 04, 2017, 09:27:12 pm »

* Tiruin fizzles.

[Haaaa, I can use the /me tags now that red stuff dun matter...mechanically at the moment!~]
....You notice how literally every post I addressed to him had 'in' in it a lot?

That.

Also, it was re:your spoiler.

@Tiruin megapost:I'm not avoiding answering you as much as what are your questions?!
What do you mean a 'lackluster answer to others'?  What answers are you talking about?  You're always going on about context, so provide me some, would you?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 05, 2017, 05:31:33 am »

* Tiruin fizzles.

....You notice how literally every post I addressed to him had 'in' in it a lot?

That.

Also, it was re:your spoiler.[...]
You addressed nothing I've asked and the only 'in' place are in less than 50% of your posts entirely. Most notably that weird as semantics first post and that one other post in the last page talking with merchant!Webadict. <_<

@Tiruin megapost:I'm not avoiding answering you as much as what are your questions?!
What do you mean a 'lackluster answer to others'?  What answers are you talking about?  You're always going on about context, so provide me some, would you?
"What are my questions" == "I POSTED THEM REPEATEDLY IN THE pAST PAGES D:<"
And lackluster in comparison because you FOCUSING ON WEBADICT is wholly based on YOURSELF as there's no open discussion being presented--it really comes more along only a benefit to yourself or whatever role you've got; while I understand that that may be part of your idea of efficiency, it's not an alignment efficiency [town or scum so neutral point], but it's pretty behind-the-posts-and-scenes that it's not...well, it's going along the line of spending the whole day doing that.

So that's pretty much most of the context. Otherwise, it's more my impression that you're following your own plans of today and somehow tunneling on someone is "a good idea". O_o

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 05, 2017, 11:18:10 am »

* Tiruin fizzles.

That.

Also, it was re:your spoiler.[...]
You addressed nothing I've asked and the only 'in' place are in less than 50% of your posts entirely. Most notably that weird as semantics first post and that one other post in the last page talking with merchant!Webadict. <_<

"What are my questions" == "I POSTED THEM REPEATEDLY IN THE pAST PAGES D:<"
And lackluster in comparison because you FOCUSING ON WEBADICT is wholly based on YOURSELF as there's no open discussion being presented--it really comes more along only a benefit to yourself or whatever role you've got; while I understand that that may be part of your idea of efficiency, it's not an alignment efficiency [town or scum so neutral point], but it's pretty behind-the-posts-and-scenes that it's not...well, it's going along the line of spending the whole day doing that.

So that's pretty much most of the context. Otherwise, it's more my impression that you're following your own plans of today and somehow tunneling on someone is "a good idea". O_o
I am incredibly confused by this post.

Tiruin: Tell me your questions, don't say "they're somewhere else" when I've obviously failed to notice them and then hold it out as a sign of tunneling.
Sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 05, 2017, 11:42:28 am »

Ohmygoodness
You've noticed them by proxy, through 4maskwolf, and then you throw a suggestion vote that's blatantly an OMGUS (I finally am able to use that term or something similar) just because you couldn't scroll back or talk to me directly >_>

And it's more a sign that you're being inattentive as I did NOT mention that my questions are CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACTING ON WEBADICT.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 05, 2017, 11:44:29 am »

Just tell me the darn questions!
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 05, 2017, 01:15:06 pm »

TBF.

Tiruin, I don't think he really understands exactly how frustrating he is to deal with.

Also, flame99 is probably scum.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 05, 2017, 01:16:29 pm »

webadict:You say flame is scum.  Why?
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 05, 2017, 01:45:15 pm »

webadict:You say flame is scum.  Why?
He puts forward a binary claim and refuses to pick a side himself. It's a pretty scummy thing to do, especially considering I have doubts that he read most of what I had said.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 05, 2017, 01:47:07 pm »

Keep in mind that flame99 is new to forum Mafia and typically plays Town of Salem.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 05, 2017, 01:51:17 pm »

Cinder:That behavior is, while admirable out of game, very scum-looking.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 57