Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91606 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: And now a lynch candidate is chosen!
« Reply #270 on: March 07, 2017, 10:38:04 am »

Meta, but can we please stop assuming Cin, BHK, and myself are working together outside of the game? It's insulting, frankly. I'm not fucking cheating. I didn't even join with them, I joined because Tiruin wanted me to. Even with her, the only talk we've had about the game is asking whether constant tunneling and insults are typical of mafia at large and clarifying acronyms.

That aside, when have I said I knew how many scum players there would be? What, did I get lucky and guess the only two scum on day 1? :^)

Second, I hardly consider wanting a bit of evidence beyond "being wary of you" to be overreacting. You've given me nothing but made up bs ("you know how many scum there are"), ad hominem attacks (dodging an entire post by asking Tir if I'm being serious, also, see paragraph one), and an absolute focus on the fact that I didn't want to lynch you, which is apparently a big no-no here (a claim that smells faintly of bullshit imho). One hell of an explosive personality, eh?

Finally, OMGUS?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 07, 2017, 10:54:54 am »

Meta, but can we please stop assuming Cin, BHK, and myself are working together outside of the game? It's insulting, frankly. I'm not fucking cheating. I didn't even join with them, I joined because Tiruin wanted me to. Even with her, the only talk we've had about the game is asking whether constant tunneling and insults are typical of mafia at large and clarifying acronyms.

That aside, when have I said I knew how many scum players there would be? What, did I get lucky and guess the only two scum on day 1? :^)

Second, I hardly consider wanting a bit of evidence beyond "being wary of you" to be overreacting. You've given me nothing but made up bs ("you know how many scum there are"), ad hominem attacks (dodging an entire post by asking Tir if I'm being serious, also, see paragraph one), and an absolute focus on the fact that I didn't want to lynch you, which is apparently a big no-no here (a claim that smells faintly of bullshit imho). One hell of an explosive personality, eh?

Finally, OMGUS?
Who said you were working together outside the game?

Also, OMGIS is OMG U Suck, an acronym to denote voting someone in reltaliation for them voting you.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 07, 2017, 10:56:43 am »

I thought it's OMG U Scum
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: March 07, 2017, 11:05:28 am »

Asking Tir if I'm being serious or pulling some tactic. Constant accusations of BHK or Cinder only trying to defend me because of our relationship. We're not dumb, we can set our feelings aside for a game.

As for "voting in retaliation", you hadn't voted for me first off, but that's semantics. Frankly I voted you because you've made a number of baffling arguments that seem to suggest a lot of bias over me being suspicious. And no, I didn't say that I was suspicious to "avoid taking a stand" or whatever else you'd like to imply, I said that because at the time I didn't feel confidently enough that you were scum.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #274 on: March 07, 2017, 11:46:46 am »

BHK:
PPE -
BHK
-TheBiggerFish - TP/Town - Annoying =/= Scum? Since when? I want to keep him alive and just hope he gets vigged/nightkilled later on just in case we have a jester.
This read is curious to me. Why do you want to keep TBF alive, despite phrasing indicating that you want him dead at a later stage? What specifically gives someone a third party lean in your book?
Because maybe it may be paranoia of the damn role in general, but I assume "deliberately annoying" to mean "I'm a jester who wants to be hung badly!!!!". Another reason being that if he isn't scum, he likely isn't immediately dangerous, but if he isn't town, he's still gotta go. He doesn't ping particularly town or scum, but he's said too much to be a null tell.
OK, question: if you had an ability that would kill him right now, would you use it?

4mask: it was intended to be joking, though I kind of suck at conveying those.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 07, 2017, 11:56:22 am »

Asking Tir if I'm being serious or pulling some tactic. Constant accusations of BHK or Cinder only trying to defend me because of our relationship. We're not dumb, we can set our feelings aside for a game.

As for "voting in retaliation", you hadn't voted for me first off, but that's semantics. Frankly I voted you because you've made a number of baffling arguments that seem to suggest a lot of bias over me being suspicious. And no, I didn't say that I was suspicious to "avoid taking a stand" or whatever else you'd like to imply, I said that because at the time I didn't feel confidently enough that you were scum.
Uhh... I think you may have misunderstood everything I've said and done. And I can see how you may have done so, so let me explain:

1) I asked Tiruin not because of her relationship to anyone, me included, but because I wanted her input on what just happened, since she is far more understanding of newbies than I am. Plus, I like to know what she thinks in a game where anyone can be a murderpus traitor.
2) I am calling you scum partners. I don't give any number of cares about what you do outside the game. Don't project anything on me, just because I play a character in a game.
3) Y'all were the ones that ganged up on me. Fight me all you want, but don't pretend I did anything. Because, again, I don't care about what you do.
4) I have literally defended my actions about 400% more because you are newbies. If you want more explanation, I don't really know what else to tell you.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: The beginning: voting weirdness.
« Reply #276 on: March 07, 2017, 12:38:31 pm »

BHK:
PPE -
BHK
-TheBiggerFish - TP/Town - Annoying =/= Scum? Since when? I want to keep him alive and just hope he gets vigged/nightkilled later on just in case we have a jester.
This read is curious to me. Why do you want to keep TBF alive, despite phrasing indicating that you want him dead at a later stage? What specifically gives someone a third party lean in your book?
Because maybe it may be paranoia of the damn role in general, but I assume "deliberately annoying" to mean "I'm a jester who wants to be hung badly!!!!". Another reason being that if he isn't scum, he likely isn't immediately dangerous, but if he isn't town, he's still gotta go. He doesn't ping particularly town or scum, but he's said too much to be a null tell.
OK, question: if you had an ability that would kill him right now, would you use it?
Immediately.

Uhh... I think you may have misunderstood everything I've said and done. And I can see how you may have done so, so let me explain:

1) I asked Tiruin not because of her relationship to anyone, me included, but because I wanted her input on what just happened, since she is far more understanding of newbies than I am. Plus, I like to know what she thinks in a game where anyone can be a murderpus traitor.
2) I am calling you scum partners. I don't give any number of cares about what you do outside the game. Don't project anything on me, just because I play a character in a game.
3) Y'all were the ones that ganged up on me. Fight me all you want, but don't pretend I did anything. Because, again, I don't care about what you do.
4) I have literally defended my actions about 400% more because you are newbies. If you want more explanation, I don't really know what else to tell you.
You're serious?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 07, 2017, 12:44:13 pm »

BHK: If I had a 2/9 chance of coming back as scum, would you still want to kill me?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: March 07, 2017, 12:52:21 pm »

"Hold on... just a moment..."

Null stabs the whiteboard a few times.

"There we go! Self updating!"

Votecount:

Lynch TheBiggerFish(0): []
Don't Lynch TheBiggerFish(3): [webadict, BlackHeartKabal, TheBiggerFish]

~~~
Did I miss something? BlackHeartKabal seems to want to lynch Fish, but earlier posted
No Lynch. See above.
this.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: March 07, 2017, 12:57:46 pm »

@BHK: Petty, aren't you? You gonna act like this the whole game because I said something you didn't like? What are you, 12?

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: March 07, 2017, 01:48:24 pm »

BHK: If I had a 2/9 chance of coming back as scum, would you still want to kill me?
E:And the rest of the time I woukd come back as town.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: March 07, 2017, 02:28:01 pm »

BHK: I don't understand your logic. If you want him dead, is it really a major enough risk to you that he would flip jester for you to not lynch him?
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: March 07, 2017, 02:31:23 pm »

Also BHK:Why exactly are third parties lumped under 'evil'?

I am Town, for the record, not third party.
Sigtext

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: March 07, 2017, 03:20:20 pm »

Because to scum, 3rd parties are just as much in the way as a Town.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: March 07, 2017, 03:21:15 pm »

Because to scum, 3rd parties are just as much in the way as a Town.
You have a point.

However, BHK has not spoken and I want his answer.
Sigtext

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 57