Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92449 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(9/9): Day 1: Lynch! Lynch! Lynch!
« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2017, 09:38:53 pm »

Well since the mod's not here I'll do an unofficial votecount:

Lynch BlackHeartKabal (3): 4maskwolf, TheDarkStar, Deus Asmoth
Don't Lynch BlackHeartKabal (3): Tiruin, BlackHeartKabal, webadict

Day ends in about 24 hours

TheBiggerFish, flame99, Cinder: Which option would your prefer?  Why aren't you voting for it?

flame99: I'm not impressed with the way you returned to the game after disappearing for over a week and haven't said a word about the state of the game, your thoughts, or anything else.  You just got pissy at webadict's attitude (understandable), asked one question that needed to be asked but was rather irrelevant to the flow of the game, and completely misinterpreted who webadict was talking to.  Do you have any thoughts on the game?  Thoughts on the current lynch?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2017, 10:02:44 pm »

Ties in this system mean no lynch, just in case you were wondering.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2017, 10:13:33 pm »

I'm not sure whether it's better to lynch or to not.  This is why I am not voting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2017, 10:24:01 pm »

I'm not sure whether it's better to lynch or to not.  This is why I am not voting.

That's... not really an option. The vote is currently a tie and most people have voted already. If you don't vote, it's basically the same as deciding not to lynch.

What makes you unsure about if it's a good idea to lynch?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 15, 2017, 11:08:34 pm »

Quite frankly, I've been busy with real life. Just so happens that the point at which I've stopped being busy for a bit was when webaddict said something else that needed to be challenged. Thoughts on the current state of the game, I'm still definitely suspicious of him. BlackHeartKabal has definitely been acting suspiciously as well, but I don't know that we have enough to lynch him, other than "he's been acting kind of aggressive." Which, if Webaddict's 'advice' is to be believed (no), is actually a tell of him being town! Vindictiveness aside, though, I get the feeling that most of the aggression comes from a meta grudge and suspicion on his part. Voting no lynch and hadn't previously because I missed that BHK was up for lynching, and again, because I've been busy.

As for other suspicions...TBF might be Mafia/third party, seeing as I think he's trying to confuse the flow of conversation? Or he might not be reading the thread all that closely. Either's possible.

Tiruin has said so little that I actually understand that I really don't know one way or the other about her

Most of what Cinder has said has again, come off as pretty neutral to me, with a slight leaning towards scum.

You all know what I think about Webaddict.

4Mask, I haven't got much hard evidence but something of a gut feeling you're town.

Anyone not mentioned has no read from me, and you're not remarkably neutral in my mind either.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 15, 2017, 11:20:39 pm »

I'm pretty new at this, I can't really explain my gut feelings without risking spewing paragraphs upon paragraphs of baseless conjectures that will help nobody. I'm learning from other people, right now.
I just did that :P It's moreso on how appealing and how credible a case is--even if I can't really be sure the person is scum or not, I can find validity in how things are presented in contrast.

I'm trying, in my dwindling pool of brain cells, to not yell at everyone.
Love your brain cells dude :3 People have a very varying way to think about things and unboxing this possibility to understand others helps quite a lot :D

Thoouuuuuuughts.

Why! :O

Great. Loving the condescension. I definitely have no idea why anyone might want to ragequit. But, more pertinently: When exactly did Cinder do that?
Nobody was condescending? (Wubs usually comments on his brain cells in a sarcastic humor sort of way, not 'you're dumb and why can't you get this', although it can come across like that o_O)

I was sinply mad enough to ignore TBF at that point. He's still unchanged.
And you ignored the GM/moderator why?
Going to tell me what you're talking about?
That doesn't explain why you have no idea how the mechanics work, if you were simply ignoring me.
TBH, I only 'got' the mechanics after a re-read. :v I thought it was a Kingmaker setup and missed entirely the 'two phases' thing.

So that eased my insights towards TDS as he's just the lynch picker.
But seriously he could do a lot more alongside acknowledging other people <_<

Voting no lynch and hadn't previously because I missed that BHK was up for lynching, and again, because I've been busy.
No Lynch votes are bolded in red :) Just like any vote.
...I made that error before and thought it was okay until people nicely reminded me. ._.;

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 15, 2017, 11:41:03 pm »

@Tiruin: BHK claimed possible vig.  Is it better to let that slip or to lynch a potential Mafia wildcard?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: March 15, 2017, 11:49:22 pm »

@Tiruin: BHK claimed possible vig.  Is it better to let that slip or to lynch a potential Mafia wildcard?
He claimed a RNG something. :v
And like mentioned before in the exact post prior--I don't really mind that, what I mind is the content the case is made out of, and there is a lacking attention to how it is made that makes me go AGAINST IT because it feels like a badly done case, with people mentioning their follow-ups only later when asked, and it's like a double-trap scenario; inactivity breeds activity, but this activity also has direction and intent. If there's a lack of traction for a game, people have to act--who acts also matters, because we're still at a divide of what I presume are 7/2.

You tell me how that's a potential Mafia wildcard given my notes on him, because I don't particularly see a "wildcard" acting as the presumed allegations against him.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 16, 2017, 12:03:02 am »

Fine, then. No lynch.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: March 16, 2017, 12:05:09 am »

Fine, then. No lynch.
Also I forgot to mention--we can only vote YES or NO, but also saying No lynch gives our ideas.

That'll probably be counted as a No anyway as I don't think FoU is SEMANTICS heavy. :P

[Note]

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 16, 2017, 12:05:41 am »

No. Anything else?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2017, 12:10:14 am »

That's all :O

Though that said, TDS: Is there more to your questions than asking people's vote? :-\ Understanding the mechanics more, you're a vote picker than the King (haha thanks self for mistaking own terms early on <_>).

What is your lookout on the game [other than all the questions you missed from me :V]

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2017, 02:07:49 am »

Great. Loving the condescension. I definitely have no idea why anyone might want to ragequit. But, more pertinently: When exactly did Cinder do that?
Ah, no, BHK held Town hostage. That's why it was an addendum to the No vote. Please, keep up. Cinder did not, though she is mysteriously silent and lacking clear reasoning.

Just like you. Ooooooh spooky.

I wasn't being condescending, but if you want, you can pretend they all are, since this is the Internet and it doesn't carry tones well. If you take everything as an attack, you're gonna be playing on defense the whole game. And that's scummy.

My goal is to make you understand my point and my reasoning, my struggles, and my intentions. I am trying to convey frustration, because it appears you and BHK are continuously believing I'm out to get you. Perhaps BHK understands it a little better now, since we got more game related information from him, but I'm getting real tired of the argue-pedantically-with-Wubs game over perceived slights. If I wanted to make fun of or criticize you, there are much simpler and easier ways. And it wouldn't be as frustrating if I didn't have to explain it repeatedly.

Is this making sense? Because I'm asking for real.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: March 16, 2017, 03:04:04 am »

It's getting rather annoying having everything  I do be interpreted as scummy. And frankly, you can't even argue you haven't been acting like an asshole entirely unnecessarily. Declaring things I've asked as being "some weird test" and looking to Tiruin as if I can't answer for my own damn self, assuming I'm too moronic to put aside my relationship for a game, so forth. I don't know what your issue is but it's  getting damn obnoxious.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: March 16, 2017, 03:05:08 am »

For that matter, just now, demanding I "keep up" because I couldn't divine who you were addressing and so incredibly irrationally assumed it was the person you just quoted.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 57