Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 91610 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Voting back to normal. How mysterious.
« Reply #615 on: March 29, 2017, 09:40:10 am »

People seem to be doing it and I've got no idea what I should or shouldn't be doing in regards to that. May as well inform the town, as it appears vigs aren't in as much danger as I'm used to.
 Unless of course doll is serious about pushing out information being towny behavior.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 29, 2017, 10:14:42 am »

Insofar you've claimed to have given out a fair few items. Unless there really are a lot of scum, you couldn't have given them all to teammates who would go along with the lie, not without running out quickly and outing yourself and all your teammates. So, the items are pretty plainly real. Even with as weird as this round has proven, ability wise, I don't think mafia would get a power that rather explicitly aids the town. Also, if you are scum - why claim that power immediately? You could've quietly given them to your friends and let the town go without. Or, if they're traps and you *want* the town to get them, why not send them anonymously? It doesn't really add up. So, you're likely either town or third party.
Also, TBF confirmed he recieved an item, so I'd also have to give one to him for no reason at all. The only possibility is that Tiruin is my scumbuddy.

Technically possible. Especially given the circumstances.

But tomorrow I will effortlessly prove to be Townie. Because I will probably die. Or not, who knows? Maybe I'll be invited to a nice sleepover where I won't be horribly murdered.

That aside, why am I trying to convince you I'm town? What exactly do you think I'm trying to do?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 29, 2017, 01:13:10 pm »

Cinder has used Slot Machine! 1 was rolled! Welp.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 29, 2017, 01:14:54 pm »

Wow, RNGesus has cursed us.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 29, 2017, 01:46:03 pm »

webadict: Upon looking further into the items, mine is probably the geology textbook, given the flavor of my ability last night and the fact that BHK only makes sense with the deck.

doll: So this is a thing you did in paranormal 25 that bugged me back then too: you make a post that includes your read on me and it's incredibly contradictory.  Like in that game, your read consists of a list of everything I've done followed by something equating to "neutral-slight town read".  Do explain.

Cinder: You've been flaky on taking a stand all game and decided to roleblock someone who's implied ability was to bring another player into the game.  You've seemed more worried throughout the game about seeming like scum rather than actually finding scum, exemplified in the post you made shortly after the hammer yesterday.  You still have the ability to vote, even with your silencing from the slot machine, so use that vote to show your suspicions.  I'd ask you questions and push you harder but you can't actually speak right now.

The player who worries me the most right now is 4maskwolf, because I don't have a track of where he's at and I suspect he's probably kept up with what I've leaked about my role.
Of course, saying this here is pure WIFOM and leaks information about my role besides. Why would I do that? Am I that confident that I can outwit 4maskwolf? Am I that confident that I can't outwit 4maskwolf? Is this whole thing a charade to encourage posting? Find out tonight only at the WIFOM arena.
Oh please, I'm just a busy person, I post when able and when I have the energy to, you're not going to encourage my posting by pretending I'm some kind of criminal mastermind.

Tiruin: My thoughts on the other players are scattered at the moment, I gave my thoughts on some of the more recent events but this isn't the only thing I haven't posted in, I've got several other things I need to catch up on, so I'll be back.  In the meantime, i'd like to hear your argument in favor of TDS being scum and why the nature of his only known ability in a game where the town can't necessarily deal with him doesn't heavily imply that he is town.

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 29, 2017, 02:53:39 pm »

doll: So this is a thing you did in paranormal 25 that bugged me back then too: you make a post that includes your read on me and it's incredibly contradictory.  Like in that game, your read consists of a list of everything I've done followed by something equating to "neutral-slight town read".  Do explain.
4maskwolf calls players out in games they're not playing in, mistakes hunting for scum (via direct rolefishing) for disrupting scum (which should occur in parallel to rolefishing) and RVS for doing work. He's actually been playing a fairly standard and dependable day game so I'm inclined to say that he's worth keeping around.
I'll just quickly comment here that the first half of that read was just transparent complaining about you calling me out D1 while I wasn't in the game and a summary of disagreements I have with what you said then.
I'll further note that 'standard and dependable day game' has no reflection on whether you are scum or not, but shows that you are helping the town regardless and so vastly more valuable than a similarly unknown.
That said:

Cinder: You've been flaky on taking a stand all game and decided to roleblock someone who's implied ability was to bring another player into the game.  You've seemed more worried throughout the game about seeming like scum rather than actually finding scum, exemplified in the post you made shortly after the hammer yesterday.  You still have the ability to vote, even with your silencing from the slot machine, so use that vote to show your suspicions.  I'd ask you questions and push you harder but you can't actually speak right now.
I'm not seeing this anywhere in Cinder's posts. Could you be more specific?

Yes. That's definitely what I said, jackass, and not at all that I don't have the knowledge to contribute to the day game. But let's refute this anyways: I haven't claimed to have contributed yet, and the alternative right now is for me to spam the thread with pointless, baseless accusations because that's all I have the know-how to give at the moment. Seeing as that'd just bog down the thread and impede actual discussion, let's not.
For there to be actual discussion, there needs to be something to actually discuss. Usually that's some form of baseless accusation.
Webadict has made some rather extreme accusations and went for blood at very little provocation, but everybody seems to be ignoring that, so I guess that's normal. Like I said, I can't contribute much.
Why don't you make a big thing about it if everyone is ignoring it?
If you've found what you think are scum, and you're just going to let it sit because other people aren't picking up on it, you're going to struggle to win games no matter how insightful you are.
Furthermore, making a case gives other players the ability to read you. I'm voting you now because you've given out no information on yourself or another player (real information, not barebones mechanical interaction) and have taken a stance where you intend to continue that position. Well, if I don't have any indication that you're town and you're not promising me a chance to get an indication that you're scum, I'll try to kill you now so I don't have to deal with a complete unknown.
Did you not read the first half of the thread, or are you just playing dumb? I did make a case against WA and people ignored that case. And please, do kill me; thus far this game has just been stressful and annoying and I'd be fine with being killed.
Sure, you 'made a case' except you didn't because you didn't push very hard at all to get him lynched.
Commenting on your suspicions is not the same thing as trying to get someone lynched.
Care to speculate?
If someone asks you a question and you don't know the answer in definitive terms (hint: you never will), then give the best answer you can give at this time. Say 'I don't like the feeling of how X did Y' or 'X generated a lot of activity and their case on Z was well reasoned so I'm leaning towards thinking they're town'. The fact that you're not engaging with the daygame is actually scummy in itself, since a low information low activity daygame is usually pro-scum, but in your case maybe you're just new. Guess what? I don't care.
Okay, fine. I dislike how you've immediately gone for blood with little evidence outside of "you've been a bit quiet," and - oh wait! This is almost the exact case I made against WA, the one that was ignored by everyone and got me labeled as scum! Gee, I can't think of a single reason for me to not want to speculate here.
Neither can I.
So speculate.
You're still making the day easier for scum by not forcing out content.
This one gets its own quote because I suspect it's just as stupid in the context of skilled mafia players as it is in novices. Let me get this straight:
I am making it easier for scum
Because I'm not forcing out information
The informed minority gets a benefit from more information
And the uninformed majority doesn't benefit from more information.
Cool. Got it.
I don't know what you're trying to say here because that was literally the opposite of what I said:
What I am claiming is that by not contributing to the daygame, you aren't providing the opportunity to read players (yourself and others) and thus aren't helping town (and are therefore helping scum).
In other words, town needs more information, which you are not providing.

Do you have a killing power?
Is it reliable?
you need to let go o no, that's petty even for me
I do, but it has a "wind up" of sorts (goes off the night after I set it, and I can remove it but not replace it on the second night) , and naturally is a one-shot. I also have an anti roleblock nightly, with the added benefit of removing abilities from those who try to rb my target.
Why did you answer this? Is there any particular reason for you to have done so? How does it benefit your team?

unprovoked spite
Unprovoked my ass! I've been insulted and condescended at just about every turn, yourself included, in this fucking game that I don't want to be playing. You also went on in the next breath to insult me, again entirely needlessly, and that's certainly not been new in this thread. Yeah. Un-fucking-provoked. Yes, this is hypocritical after the above post. No, I don't give a shit.
Uh, maybe some of us actually want to be playing, and don't appreciate having someone join a game they don't want to be in, refuse to play, and make a big fuss about it not being what they want?

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 29, 2017, 03:27:35 pm »

Tiruin
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 29, 2017, 03:30:29 pm »

That cements it in my mind. Cinder.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 29, 2017, 04:31:18 pm »

So, I've decided to drop out. I've been talking with Cinny and the stress has been getting to me  more than I've really been aware of, and it's starting to concern them. Sorry Tir; I'm willing to suffer through this myself but I'm not going to worry someone for the sake of a promise.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 29, 2017, 05:27:20 pm »

So, I've decided to drop out. I've been talking with Cinny and the stress has been getting to me  more than I've really been aware of, and it's starting to concern them. Sorry Tir; I'm willing to suffer through this myself but I'm not going to worry someone for the sake of a promise.
Peace out, brah.

Flame99. I don't think he's scum, but we're not likely to get a replacement.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 29, 2017, 05:27:56 pm »

Wow, RNGesus has cursed us.
PFP
Of course, I GET A TEN. >_>
Tiruin
Eh? o_O
Ok this is weird .-.; I would consider it being a prod or something but...considering the most recent event-???
And you can't explain it D:

Sooo...I was in your suspicious or...?
I seriously don't think Cin should be lynched .-.;

:(
Wait you were brought here on a promise? I just mentioned that "hey a mafia game is up and the players are alright folks :D"

Otherwise, the format is
Code: [Select]
[b]Request Replacement[/b]
Peace out, brah.

Flame99. I don't think he's scum, but we're not likely to get a replacement.
Someone could...post in the banter thread .-.; [also she]

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Bother. Need a replacement.
« Reply #626 on: March 29, 2017, 05:43:50 pm »

I mean honestly I would've dropped out like, day one if I didn't promise I would stay in. Also yes, she.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 29, 2017, 06:06:33 pm »

Cinder
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 29, 2017, 06:07:46 pm »

webadict

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 29, 2017, 06:08:03 pm »

Tiruin

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57