Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92501 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(8/9): Day 2: Charades? Mummery?
« Reply #645 on: March 30, 2017, 04:36:11 pm »

For want of other targets, I'd suggest 4maskwolf.
Don't do this, I have a kill-specific revive so it'd be a waste of everyone's time.  If you think I'm scum you're better off lynching me.

juicebox: Welcome.
By that logic, doing so would validate your claim and therefore be a good idea.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 30, 2017, 04:41:51 pm »

Don't do this, I have a kill-specific revive so it'd be a waste of everyone's time.  If you think I'm scum you're better off lynching me.

From a certain persepctive, yes, yes it would.  However, should I be town it wastes a tool in the town's arsenal while if I'm scum it has no appreciable effect either way, since I wouldn't revive from a lynch regardless.  It also serves to effectively waste a night for the vigilante, who could be targeting other people who are possibly scum, and I could simply be lynched the next day if process of elimination turned me up to be scum.

This is, of course, predicated on you all believing my claim, which contradicts a previous claim where I said I have only one ability in my role, but I'm sure that if anyone thinks for a moment they'll understand why I would keep that ability a secret.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 30, 2017, 05:08:00 pm »

juicebox ready your kill tonight. There's no guarantee that we will see Day 5. For want of other targets, I'd suggest 4maskwolf.
So we've juicebox [flame99], we've BHK, and probably other vigs around there. BHK has it as an ability; unsure if Flame's is one-shot or not.

Interesting. :O My earlier feels of the scumteam playing safe seem to be founded. But who is pretty much not.

PFP

From a certain persepctive, yes, yes it would.  However, should I be town it wastes a tool in the town's arsenal while if I'm scum it has no appreciable effect either way, since I wouldn't revive from a lynch regardless.  It also serves to effectively waste a night for the vigilante, who could be targeting other people who are possibly scum, and I could simply be lynched the next day if process of elimination turned me up to be scum.

This is, of course, predicated on you all believing my claim, which contradicts a previous claim where I said I have only one ability in my role, but I'm sure that if anyone thinks for a moment they'll understand why I would keep that ability a secret.
Why did you claim to an innocuous question?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 30, 2017, 05:57:08 pm »

Looks like day's over, mates. Moment now while I make sure the vote count is in order...

Votecount:

TheDarkStar(1): [Tiruin]
Tiruin(1): [Cinder]
webadict(1): [TheDarkStar]
doll(0): []
Cinder(3): [4maskwolf, doll, webadict]
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
juicebox(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []

Not Voting: BlackHeartKabal, juicebox

Day ends 4:00 P.M. Central/Forum time today. Basically, two hours ago.

"Looks like Cinder's going to be lynched! Well, let's get this done with! Take her out, L.Y.N.C.H!"

It was a single gunshot. That was all that was needed to execute Cinder. One shot to the brain.

Lynch complete. Analysis follows.

Cinder was Love Doctor(town):
(Night): A Long Chat [target]: You take a long chat with your target, preventing them from doing whatever they had planned tonight(in other words, you roleblock them). In the course of this chatting, you will eventually establish a sort of rapport with them: the second time you use this on a given player, you’ll learn their role name.
(1-Shot, Night): A Spritz of Love [target]: You spray your target in the face with a mind-affecting drug that induces intense compassion and caring towards another player of your choice(which can be you). Your target will vote for whoever your choice votes for at the end of the next day, and they will automatically use Sacrificial Protect on your choice the next night.

(Reference): (Night): Sacrificial Protect [target]: If your target would be hit by a night kill, you are hit instead. This only works for one night kill.

But of course, the slot machines didn't last, fading into oblivion.

All Slot Machine abilities vanish now that the phase is over.

"Well, that was something. Looks like you folks guessed wrong. The villains are still at large! To the night with you!"

Night begins. Night ends 6:00 P.M. Monday, Central/Forum time. Send in your actions!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 10:32:30 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(7/9): Night 2: The Doctor's Name is Revealed
« Reply #649 on: March 31, 2017, 04:35:50 am »

[snip]
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 06:38:45 am by Cinder »
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 31, 2017, 06:27:55 am »

-snip-!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 07:29:27 am by Tiruin »

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 31, 2017, 07:19:16 am »

Well then, that's....No good.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 03, 2017, 06:49:47 pm »

Har har! Processing night actions!
Spoiler: Somebody's dead.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 03, 2017, 07:28:31 pm »

Oh, bloody morn. The good merchant webadict's corpse, riddled with bullet holes, lies before you all. His death is mourned by the majority, but not all.

webadict was killed during the night.

Analysis:

webadict was Merchant with a Caravan of Exotic Goods(town):
Spoiler: A little long (click to show/hide)

"Well, that was interesting. Shame he died. Would have loved to see him pass out all those chaos causing beauties. Oh well. Ahem. Day 3 begins!"

Votecount:

TheDarkStar(0): []
Tiruin(0): []
doll(0): []
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
juicebox(0): []
4maskwolf(0): []

Not Voting: BlackHeartKabal, juicebox, TheDarkStar, Tiruin, doll, 4maskwolf

Day Ends 7:20 P.M. Central/Forum time Thursday. Or so. There was no ghost vote.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 08:16:42 pm by FallacyofUrist »
Generic Arms Race.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(6/9): Day 3: Off to ply his wares in the afterlife
« Reply #654 on: April 03, 2017, 07:52:54 pm »

Let's recap.

I attempted to roll dice with doll, stakes being their lives.

They blocked it and attempted to stab me with a hot poker. I believe that nullifying a kill attempt makes you pretty non mafia, since it'd be absurd to make mafia kill immune. Right? Right?!

Oh, I was also given the Deck of Many Things.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 03, 2017, 07:55:47 pm »

Well that's interesting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 03, 2017, 07:59:52 pm »

Hey, someone killed me. Rude.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 03, 2017, 09:15:16 pm »

Nothing happened to me. I'm also a vanilla townie due to what happened yesterday.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

doll

• Bay Watcher
  • hollow inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 04, 2017, 01:09:42 am »

Let's recap.

I attempted to roll dice with doll, stakes being their lives.

They blocked it and attempted to stab me with a hot poker. I believe that nullifying a kill attempt makes you pretty non mafia, since it'd be absurd to make mafia kill immune. Right? Right?!
This is correct, you did try to place dice with me. I wasn't told what the stakes were.
I have an (auto) ability which, and I am quite serious, makes me immune to certain abilities, but I am not told what those abilities are.
From the flavor I assumed it would be immunity to mind effecting abilities (like vote control or w/e). Was a death the only possible outcome of you rolling dice with me last night?

Juicebox, mind outlining what you ended up deciding to do last night, since apparently you've got a kill waiting on someone?

Tiruin, mind outlining any relevant parts of your role you feel you should share with us, since you have a Webadict item and have claimed your rolename but not, to my knowledge, any powers.

4maskwolf, did you do anything last night that you want to share with the class?

BHK, I'd ask you if the Deck does anything worth mentioning, but at the same time it's a Deck of Many Things so I'm pretty sure the only real answer to that is 'Many Things'.

TDS so your Shakeragian power was your only power?
Incidentally, are you claiming to have visited no-one last night?

Webadict didn't get me anything. I don't know if he tried to or not.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 04, 2017, 01:32:41 am »

Hello everyone. My time bomb has been set to explode tomorrow. Who have I set it on? TDS?, 4mask?, Doll? Or is this a bluff? What I will say is that I might disarm it, if I get some good answers from my target.

Now as for my questions:

4mask: I'd like to see some reads from you please

TDS: If you have an actual case on Tiruin, I'd like to hear it please

Doll: You say that TDS is clear because his role, but it seems to me that it was balanced for both town and mafia. Do you have anything else that clears him? Also, who are you suspicious of?

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57