Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 2: Game over! Post-game write up up.  (Read 92345 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(6/9): Day 3: Off to ply his wares in the afterlife
« Reply #705 on: April 11, 2017, 08:59:46 am »

Votecount:

TheDarkStar(0): []
Tiruin(0): []
doll(1): [4maskwolf]
BlackHeartKabal(0): []
juicebox(2): [TheDarkStar, doll]
4maskwolf(0): []

Not Voting: BlackHeartKabal, juicebox, Tiruin

Day Ends: 7:20 P.M. Central/Forum time today.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: April 11, 2017, 10:33:59 am »

PPE: @4mask I guess you could say that, but I personally would like to remain alive.
Wat?

Oh sorry I thought you posted this:

TDS
For some reason I was under the impression that the bomb took two night actions to use, but obviously that's incorrect since they've called it a timebomb like a thousand times. I was going to say that you shouldn't be so willing to die but in context it seems like it's inevitable (or juicebox is lying scum, which would be nice)
If juicebox isn't scum and you don't die, we've lost unless powers (or TBF I guess) save us because it's mylo.

Also, BHK could only have fakeclaimed if he's scum with 4maskwolf. His information ability backfired and told 4mask BHK's night action.

Juicebox
Looks live I've been playing under a cloud of misunderstanding. There is literally no present reason for us not to lynch you today, unless TBF comes in or mechanics otherwise shake things up a great deal.
After all, if TDS is scum then we still won't have lost if we do lynch you.

Tiruin
Can you use the hide on yourself or otherwise avoid the scumkill?

If we can use Tiruin and 4maskwolf to reduce the night-killable players to scum (and 4maskwolf) only, then scum are forced to pass on a night phase and out themselves in doing so. We can also save and keep TDS.
This, of course, assumes that Tiruin is town, and that we want to keep TDS. We only want to keep TDS if we bring TBF in today, and even then only if other powers can't do enough work for us.

TDS:
Tiruin, TDS: Were you the one to roleblock me?  If so, why?

I wasn't. I'm a vanilla townie at this point.

I also have a one-shot time bomb which goes off the night after I use it on someone, and the ability to disarm this time bomb the night it would go off.

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you agreed to remove the time bomb in return for not being lynched today (and of course if it goes off anyway you get lynched when I flip town)?

And I was just starting to think you actually might be town. Sorry but I'm not disarming it.

Tiruin
Please do argue with me about TDS.
I agree that I'd rather like him out of the game, but I'm also confident that he's town, so I'm not going to vote him, and I am going to find it very suspicious if you can't build at least one other case during this day.
This is the post that bugged me, not because of the content but because of the lack of follow-up.  Because let's fast forward through the rest of the day and into the beginning of the day: Tiruin spends her time waffling around on how she doesn't believe we should lynch flame or cinder without giving a strong reason why, doesn't address you for the rest of the day, and, most importantly, doesn't make another case or even go through the motions of attempting to do so.  And then... nothing.  No follow-up.  You never followed up, you never questioned her, you never even talked to her for the rest of the day to challenger her on TDS.  And then, the next morning, you declare her a meta-clear townie.  This whole exchange is what perked up my ears, especially when Tiruin refused to respond to my question yesterday about TDS not being cleared as a townie, and it doesn't paint a particularly positive picture that you dropped such an opinion and took a complete 180 without any explanation.  I'll be honest, it looks like you were just going through the motions of casting suspicion without actually drawing attention to your implied case and then forgot about it later.

So, to give you a chance to respond: Why?  Why didn't you pursue Tiruin's lack of another case before day end and what made you change your mind on her being a potential suspect.
I was never suspicious of Tiruin, even though I was making a case against her.
You could say that I was pushing on her for being anti-town, and lost sight of her once scum presented itself. This isn't quite true; I was making a case for the sake of making a case in and of itself. Tiruin happened to be the best target, because she was playing against the town through a lack of helpful activity. Once something was actually happening in the daygame, I moved on to that.
I'll be honest, it looks like you were just going through the motions of casting suspicion without actually drawing attention to your implied case and then forgot about it later.
This is precisely correct.

To give a more in depth explanation of that post:
Prior to that post, I was more or less trapped in RVS. Flame99 and Cinder, BHK's early D1, the lack of a D1 lynch, the non-cases on Webadict and Tiruin, and Cinder's roleclaim & slot machine debacle hadn't actually contributed much at all to the daygame. I was entering a new game and establishing my space, which means I needed to establish my image as town. To do so, I needed to build cases. I went through the motions of building a case, in the simplest way possible. I tunneled easy players, who, as I mentioned in that post, I didn't expect to be scum together and who I had no strong reads on (i.e. these players were anti-town rather than scummy).
Simply going through the motions of building a case made me look more towny, but it also left me in a good position to follow up on these cases (which, as you mentioned, I never did for Tiruin) and make it easier to A) drive through a lynch on these players and B) encourage day activity through pursuit of the cases. I did pursue flame99, because the (implication of future) pressure stuck, but that got cut short by flame99 dropping out and Cinder acting scummy.

As an important aside:
My present case (such as it were) on Juicebox stems from that above pressure on flame99. At that time, the process of flame99 dropping out and Cinder drawing my attention somehow transmuted my scum read on flame into an anti-town read, which is why I failed to pick up on the case against Juicebox until now when I reread the thread.

I also have a one-shot time bomb which goes off the night after I use it on someone, and the ability to disarm this time bomb the night it would go off.

Out of curiosity, what would you do if you agreed to remove the time bomb in return for not being lynched today (and of course if it goes off anyway you get lynched when I flip town)?
For future reference, shit like this is precisely why the two of you are my top scumteam pick.

juicebox
Speaking of which, I might as well fullclaim. I'm the demolitions expert. I can prevent someone from being roleblocked, and if someone attempts to roleblock my target, they blow up, which causes them to lose an ability.
You are aware that flame99 claimed all this already in the thread (page 41)?
It's even in that list of claims that I posted.

Any particular reason you are unaware of the claims of your predecessor?

I was aware that she claimed but I didn't go back to check exactly what she claimed. Also I did reveal more information.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: April 11, 2017, 10:37:56 am »

Day Ends: 7:20 P.M. Central/Forum time today.
:I
What does this mean in terms of GMT? D:
*computation intensifies*
-"Forum time", Tiruin.
April 11, 2017, 10:36:10 am
Well great. Around Meph time then--8am my time. :P

juicebox
Is this because he's actively following up something he fully claimed on badly or...?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: April 11, 2017, 02:26:02 pm »

Basically foll's case is that I'm scum because flame99 was scummy and I've done nothing to convince him that. I'm not scum.

I really don't have much to say except that I'm not scum and I was trying to make an honest attempt at scumhunting.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: April 11, 2017, 06:34:05 pm »

Votecount:

doll(0): []
juicebox(0): []

Not Voting: TheDarkStar

Day Ends about an hour from now.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: April 11, 2017, 06:38:21 pm »

juicebox

Please don't hurt me, but I don't want someone (like juicebox) to tie the vote at the last minute. I'm not going to survive past tonight so I might as well use this now.

(I believe this is hammer)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Deep in the distance, Nowhere's frustrated screaming echoes...

Votecount:

doll(0): []
juicebox(1): [TheDarkStar]

Not Voting:

... the day doesn't end.
Generic Arms Race.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh ok, it's not hammer.

I suppose I should vote for a shorten in case of (more) vote shenanigans.

Also, I'm half-inclined to lynch Tiruin instead, but I'm slightly less sure on her (and as this might be MyLo I want to minimize the chance of accidentally losing the game for the town). I do think she's scum and if juicebox flips scum you should take a really close look at her posting.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: April 11, 2017, 06:51:47 pm »

EBWOP: That should say doll, not foll.

no lynch

Here are my final thoughts for today. Doll is under the opinion that scum or not, I should be lynched just to be safe. This might have been true earlier in the game, but now we need to be careful about who we lynch. If TDS and I both flip town we lose. I know I'm 100% town and I'm reasonably sure at this point that TDS is scum, but I would like to be safe.
So, I think it would be better if we no-lynch today. There's no harm in it since we still get information when TDS flips and we'll still have the numbers unless TBF ins as mafia.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Day Shortened. ((What? You have the only vote!))

"After this is all said and done, I'm going to have to ask you how you hacked the L.Y.N.C.H. Seriously, that shouldn't be possible. Anyhow, nighttime."

Votecount: exactly the same as before.

"All right then L.Y.N.C.H.! Take him out!"

The L.Y.N.C.H. unloads a bucketload of bullets into Juicebox. Unsurprisingly this is fatal. More surprising is the explosion his body goes off into.

Analysis follows.

juicebox was Demolitions(town):
(Night): Blow Them Out of The Way [target]: All roleblocks used on your target fail, mainly because you explode whoever would try to do so. Anyone who tries to roleblock your target also loses a random ability from their role as a result of being exploded.
(1-Shot, Night): Time Bomb [target]: You place a time bomb under your target’s house. At the end of the next night, it explodes, killing them.
(Night): Disarm [target]: If your target would be hit by a kill tonight as a result of Time Bomb, that doesn’t happen, and you regain your shot of Time Bomb.

Night ends 6:45 P.M. Thursday, Central/Forum time. Send in your actions!
Generic Arms Race.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

Um...
There should have been a tie?
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Um...
There should have been a tie?
In the voting? No. Because role powers.
Generic Arms Race.

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile

...That's interesting.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Processing night actions. This won't take long.
Generic Arms Race.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 2(3/9): Day 4: The finale?
« Reply #719 on: April 13, 2017, 11:18:25 am »

The explosion-charred corpse of TheDarkStar and the bullet pierced corpse of doll lay before you.

Analysis follows.

TheDarkStar was The Fallacy's BYOR 2 Role That Has The Only Vote That Determines Who Is Lynched, Even If It Belongs To A Dead Player(town):
(1-Shot, Day): LITERALLY: You’re not having any of that workaround nonsense. This ability can only be used in the Choice phase if Deciding Vote is active. For the duration of this day, the lynch system returns to normal… except you have the only vote. No, you can’t use this ability if you’re dead.

doll was Granny Weatherwax(town):
(Night): A bit of borrowing [target]: You find a stray bird or bee or whatnot and hitch a ride on its mind, allowing you to stealthily keep an eye on your target. You may choose whether to track them(learning who they target) or watch them(learning who targets them).
(Auto): Headstrong: You are immune to certain abilities. No, you don’t get to know what they are. (secret: complete immunity: Play For Stakes, A Long Chat, A Spritz of Love, possibly some Canadian agency abilities)
(Auto): Broomstick riding: You cannot be roleblocked.
(1-Shot, Night): “Curse ye!” [target]: Using your knowledge of headology, you convince the target that they’re cursed. Each night action they perform on subsequent nights has a 50% chance of failure. If they succeed in a night action, the “curse” goes away.

"Well. I think we know how this ends... but we'll see."

Day 4 ends 11 A.M. Central/Forum time Tuesday.

Votecount:

Not Voting: Tiruin, BlackHeartKabal, 4maskwolf
Generic Arms Race.

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 57