Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 216522 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #870 on: August 13, 2017, 04:48:07 pm »

"I, um, need to treat everyone who comes in like they're special," Noriko attempted to explain without breaking character. Part of the reason she didn't like people she knew coming in was that they didn't quite understand that part of what got her paid was keeping her character consistent. "Um, here's the menu, the cakes are right over in this section."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: August 13, 2017, 07:26:45 pm »

Faith nodded, and then awkwardly nodded again. "Uh, right, yeah, I thought that might be a possibility." She was handed the menu, and with a mumbled "Thanks," she looked at it, fiddling with her hair. Well, at least they had lots of nice looking things here.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: August 13, 2017, 07:34:54 pm »

Shef
They, don't seem to be making any progress. At all. Could be incompetent. Could be innocent. Could be a ruse. But if it's a ruse, it's a complicated one, a pointless one. You glance down, looking through the gap below the door. Well, you don't see any gas or powder being blown through, not that it'll do much to you, not if the person behind the door is mundane at least. There's one person, one pair of shoes behind the door, at least from what you can see. Women's office shoes.

Got it. Where do you want it delivered?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 07:38:15 pm by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: August 13, 2017, 07:56:57 pm »

Strange, and Shef didn't know what to make of the strangeness. . . . Either a complicated ruse, or perhaps simply a message? Send some guy to break in simply to say they know I'm here. . . Could just be a standard break-in, I suppose. Shef pushed himself against the wall on the side of the door frame. He would, when he heard the attempt to pick the lock at it's loudest, turn the latch, and let the person into the room. They would enter the room, thinking they had succeeded. And, of course, Shef would immediately have his gun to this intruder's head. Not a perfect plan, but this person did not seem to be making any progress whatsoever.

And then came the chime of an incoming text. In a moment, any chance of pretending he wasn't home was gone. He grabbed the handle of the door and turned it, this action automatically unlocking the door, before swinging his left fist into the now open doorway at the intruder's face.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: August 13, 2017, 09:31:02 pm »

Shef
By the time the door swung open, your fist was well on its way. You're a better marksman than a brawler, a betterment mage than a fighter, and while you did just take Rosario up on his offer, you haven't even had your first lesson yet. Point is you lack skill, but what you do have, is plenty of force, and that metallic fist of yours slamming into someone, is going to cause a lot of damage. The RAM you have readied for the follow up even more so. Assuming of course, your foe wasn't Awakened. If they were, then all bets were off, but at least you'll b th one striking first here, not a bad start.

"EEEEEEEP!"

Unfortunately what you find your fist now hurtling towards is a terrified office lady, stumbling backwards. You're probably going to be able to stop your punch in time, unless of course it's a disguise. As you've learned by now, some Awakened need not carry visible armaments.

...Though if they are just a civilian, there's going to be a lot of explaining to do, from both you and her.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:41:33 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: August 13, 2017, 09:42:42 pm »

Shef didn't have time, nor really the inclination to stop his punch simply because the intruder was a presumably frightened female office worker. So, he simply let the force die off a bit. Presumably, in combination with the fact that the woman was stumbling backwards, this would lessen the blow enough that an average human would be hurt but unlikely to get a fractured skull or anything from it. If she goes to the ground after the hit, Shef doesn't advance, and points his gun at her. If she keeps her footing, Shef ducks halfway back inside the door, keeping his profile as small a target as possible while still keeping head out to watch, and his gun trained on the still standing woman.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: August 13, 2017, 09:49:30 pm »

Shef
"I'msosorrypleasedonthurtmeIdon'twannadietakeanythingyouwantIpromiseIwon'ttellanyoneIswear!"
The lady is still standing. She's also speaking, frantically at that, and saying a whole lot more than you'd expect her to seeing as you just out your fist straight through her head. She also appears to be completely uninjured from the experience as well for that matter.

There's a few moments of stunned silence as she realizes you exoskeleton is now somehow occupying the same space as her head. It is only after appreciating that that she starts screaming.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:42:07 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: August 13, 2017, 10:03:16 pm »

"What the hell--" Shef jumped back, pulling his arm from this strange woman's head. He kept a finger on the trigger of his pistol, but lowered it, so as to induce less fear. He took a deep breath, and said, "Woman! Calm down for a moment, and look me in the eye. You need to settle down, lean against that wall there, and explain why you were trying to break into my apartment at six o'clock in the evening or whatever the hell time it is." The man's glasses flashed in a decidedly imposing manner as the afternoon sun caught on them. Any human would feel seized with the impulse to follow the instructions of the one exuding an air of authority. Shef's guard had not been let down, and this would be the most significant test, mostly for determining her threat level. Not foolproof though, depending on how much info someone might have on him.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: August 13, 2017, 10:05:34 pm »

Yuki turns to go check if someone else needs some service since Freida seemed alright - "Be back in a bit!" - and very quickly registered the presence of a certain half-American half-sister of hers. In a blink she was there - "Hi Faith! Didn't expect to see you so soon, weren't you taking with Minato or something? Did it go really really badly and you came here to get cheered up or really well and you came here for some other reason or-" she stops herself mid sentence and turns to Noriko. "Oh, you made it! I covered for you with ultimate bluffing skills, do the boss isn't even annoyed! Well I say bluffing but its really a bunch of things that are feasible and juuuust true enough for there to be proof to parts of it and the confirmation bias does the rest, and it's less she wasn't annoyed more she was understanding, if anyone asks a close friend got hurt in a bad accident from the thing at school and you were compassionately helping them out."
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: August 13, 2017, 10:24:42 pm »

Shef
"Wait your apartment? I thought this was my apartment!"
She slowly glances at the number at the door.
"This is my apartment! ...Right?"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:42:44 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: August 13, 2017, 10:33:53 pm »

"Well, as you see, I did just come out of there, and if you look inside, you'll see my things. And obviously your key doesn't work on this door." Shef had a nagging suspicion, but ghosts or spirits of this sort weren't something he'd encountered in the awakened world. And she seemed to have been able to rattle the door perfectly well. . .

"I'm going to need your name. And date of birth if possible. Something strange is going on, we both know that, and to figure it out, I'm going to need you to tell me those things, and what you know. Like, the time you last left the apartment, what happened while you were out, and the like. Need to see your key too." Shef maintained his distance from the woman for now, and would continue to do so.

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: August 13, 2017, 11:01:21 pm »

Yoake
As soon as the words leave your lips you find Satoshi enthusiastically thrusting a switchblade towards your chest. You're not entirely sure where she got it from, or why she has it, but it's there. Not that it matters much of course, in fencing, when one aims to score a point, a strike is made at one's foe, not their weapon, and it just so happens in Keijo, one's weapons are rather conventionally positioned.
In an instant, Yoake flips around and bats the knife out of Satoshi's hand with a smack from her buttocks. Her reflexes were on point. "Of course, I'm fairly experienced. So I recommend you all obtain some other countermeasure to stabbings whilst learning Keijo."
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: August 13, 2017, 11:24:34 pm »

Shef
"H-hanako Kawaguchi, birthday's fifth of June 199X." She gingerly hands you her key. "I-I left here this morning and took the train to work - b-but o-on the way there t-there was this fight outside, t-there were these people, they w-were dressed like luchadores and fighting this guy in a motorcycle helmet. I spent the whole day answering questions from the police, they said it was probably gang related and t-then I got b-back here and and my key didn't work and then you opened the door."

Yoake
"Aww... and here I was hoping you'd use your chest." She picks the weapon back up and retracts the blade.
Another student raises her hand "Any recommendations then? Like another martial art or pepper spray?"
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:44:10 pm by Empiricist »

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: August 14, 2017, 05:08:11 am »

Yoake grins at Satoshi. "I prefer to use butts for defensive maneuvers, silly!"

Turning to the student, she brought out a can of pepper spray. "I recommend pepper spray, because studyin' another martial art would take away valuable keijo practice time!
 In fact, I recommend O'Shiri Brand Pepper Spray: For Beginner Keijo Stars. It's widely selling all across the globe, and is known as one of the best self-defense options out there! It also comes as another free benefit of training in this Keijo Dojo. Of course, once your training is complete, you will no longer need or be able to keep it."

She brings out a few large trays of the pepper spray. Enough for everyone, really.
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: August 14, 2017, 05:39:13 am »

Yoake
Satoshi grins back "Noted for future reference!"

Meanwhile...
"...'100% Capsaicin Free'?"
"It's 'Keijo-Enhanced'?"
"...Um, are you sure this is pepper spray?"
The class is beginning to dwindle in numbers now, people probably needing to go to other commitments or get some rest. Or maybe they're just worried that by the end of the question session they'd have more free march than they can carry, which might honestly be a risk here, all things considered.

The man with the clipboard jots down a few more notes before placing it away, meanwhile the shrine maiden is just tapping away at a phone, having stopped watching after the lesson started winding down.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:44:36 pm by Empiricist »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 285