Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 285

Author Topic: Tengoku no Owari SI IC: Yuki Is (Not) Fine  (Read 214956 times)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
Re: Tengoku no Owari IC
« Reply #855 on: August 11, 2017, 02:44:20 pm »

Kouta looked rather hesitant about the proposition - but then, he looked hesitant about everything. "Umm, I don't know. . . I guess it would be okay. . . ?

Noriko dropped down to street level and took a moment to catch her breath before walking into the cafe. She opened her mouth, and then shook her head, remembering that she had to get into character. "S-sorry I'm late, my little brother needed something. . ."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 11, 2017, 06:56:55 pm »

Kouta
"There should be a cable somewhere around here, the end looks like it's for a controller. Plug that in,
I'd do it myself, but surprise surprise, I can't touch it."
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 11, 2017, 07:06:27 pm »

Faith made it into the cafe soon after Noriko made her declaration, very briefly being startled by the fact that she ran into her that quickly. Though Faith seemed to mostly be fine with it, it also seemed like she was still nervous talking to members of a maid cafe unless it so happened to be her sister. Well, Noriko wasn't a stranger, and that did help, but still Faith found herself twiddling her thumbs and blushing a bit -- culture shock at play again.

"O-oh, um, hi Noriko. Do you know if my sister is working right now?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #858 on: August 11, 2017, 07:26:04 pm »

Kouta nodded, and got up from the couch, rummaging about in the room for a few moments while occasionally looking back at Winter furtively. Eventually, he found the connector and slotted it into the port where one generally put player one.

Noriko nodded somewhat shyly, the act even extending to her mannerisms. "She messaged me from here."
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 11, 2017, 08:59:38 pm »

Kouta
"You realise my eyes aren't actually here right? This is a projected image. I can leave if you want, no hard feelings or anything."

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: August 11, 2017, 09:02:43 pm »

Faith was visibly happy to hear this, though she then got nervous again. "Oh, good! Then I'll just-- uh, wait. Is this somewhere you just sit down or do you wait to be seated? Sorry for asking so many questions, eheh, maid cafes aren't a kind of place I know a lot about."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: August 12, 2017, 12:32:43 am »

Yoake smiles. "Simple! There are many defensive Keijo techniques, but most consist of having such strong butt muscles from training that you can move it fast enough to blunt metal!"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: August 12, 2017, 12:52:03 am »

Yoake
"...What?"
"Oh! Oh! Could you give us a demonstration?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #863 on: August 12, 2017, 01:48:08 am »

"I'll show you to a seat, and then take your order." Noriko gestured for Faith to follow her back to an empty table. "If there's an open seat and none of the staff are ready, you can just sit down, though. Mistress," Noriko tacked the honorific on a bit hastily - it was a normal thing to say to a patron, but strange to say to Faith.
"N-no, it's fine. It would be weirder if you weren't here. . ."
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 04:46:04 pm by KingMurdoc »
GM of Trespassers V2.

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: August 12, 2017, 02:05:14 am »

Faith blushed a little again as Noriko called her Mistress and then shrugged, as she followed along to the table. "Uhhh, I guess you might have to because of your job, but you don't need to call me Mistress or anything. I'm just here to see my sister, though I guess I'll probably buy a cake or something."

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: August 12, 2017, 04:50:35 am »

Yoake
"...What?"
"Oh! Oh! Could you give us a demonstration?"
She grins. "Sure thing! Would anyone like to try and stab me?"
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: August 12, 2017, 05:26:37 am »

Yoake
As soon as the words leave your lips you find Satoshi enthusiastically thrusting a switchblade towards your chest. You're not entirely sure where she got it from, or why she has it, but it's there. Not that it matters much of course, in fencing, when one aims to score a point, a strike is made at one's foe, not their weapon, and it just so happens in Keijo, one's weapons are rather conventionally positioned.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: August 12, 2017, 08:01:11 pm »

Yuki hadn't noticed Faith coming in just yet, being that her back was too the door - although Faith could probably see her, what with the... distinctive, hairstyle. And the fact that the seat with Freida was pretty close. "How is it? Need some sugar or honey or something?" Making sure everything was as close to perfect as reasonably possible was the job - she may be a bit crazy, but she hadn't been fired yet so it made sense she did decently.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: August 13, 2017, 03:44:10 am »

Yuki
"No thank you, no need to sweeten the tea if the cake is already sweet, ja?"

Shef
You hear the click of a key, and then the forceful rattle of a door handle. Someone is trying to enter. You were not followed, you're sure of that. No suspicious people tailing you, no faces seen one too many times, but still, someone is there outside your door, trying to force it open, rather inexpertly for that matter.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 08:40:03 pm by Empiricist »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: August 13, 2017, 09:10:35 am »

Prior to the rude interruption, Shef had been mulling over a small list that he had written up. He was currently on the subject of ammunition. Might be good to have something a bit less lethal for certain situations. . . I suppose they could probably get rubber bullets? He wasn't even sure himself what he wanted, but he sent out the text anyway.
Could you pick up some things for me? I need a form of voice modulation software for my work phone, a FN Herstal 5.7 MkII pistol or similar, and rubber bullets in that caliber and in 50 cal. for the RAM. Keep the number of grains for the 50 cal. decently low.
With a button press, he sent off the message, and resumed eating, every so often scratching something down on the list. Until he heard a sound. A key? Either someone had a copy, or they were attempting to pick the lock. No knock, so they want to force their way in. Either a complete amateur, or they didn't expect me to be around. But. . . what do I even have here that they would want if I wasn't around? Couldn't bug the place, would be the obvious thing to check from the break-in. . .

Shef carefully and quietly picked up the gun sitting on the table. Unloaded. . . It sounded to him like the person at the door would be at least a few more seconds. Therefore, he grabbed a magazine, and carefully stepped over to the couch. The floors wouldn't creak, that was something he had made sure of when he moved in. He inserted the magazine into the gun under a pillow, to muffle the click. After this was done and he had flicked the safety off, Shef went into a quick analysis of his next action. No using the peephole. Door isn't bullet proof, and the might see the shadow when I look out. The balcony's out of the question, if I were out to get me, I'd set up a sniper covering that before sending someone to break down the door. Hmm. It briefly occurred to Shef that he might be overreacting, but he pushed that thought aside. That was the way to get killed. For now, Shef kept himself out of the way of the window to the balcony, and knelt down to look at the intruder's feet under the door. He did of course check first to see how close this person seemed to breaking in.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2018, 09:27:49 pm by Strider03 »
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 285