Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 86009 times)

Nightcore Angel

• Bay Watcher
  • Noice! Now, keel over and DIE!!!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.25 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #120 on: May 19, 2017, 09:06:18 am »

yaaay, this is awesome

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: May 20, 2017, 09:45:28 pm »

I realize this is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things;  Have you been able to fix the duplicate booze types? (Dwarf Mode)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: May 20, 2017, 10:29:12 pm »

I realize this is relatively minor in the grand scheme of things;  Have you been able to fix the duplicate booze types? (Dwarf Mode)

ahhh you mean everything being called dwarven (beer, wine, ale, etc}

I didn't really consider it any.  Really it could be named after its plant, i.e. a fine portabella wine, etc etc

but its a lot of coding for something that is rather aesthetic.  I'm currently chasing down errors, and porting in updated mods. (just finished ZM5's update to the mods.... a lot of new bad ass mobs, several fixes... more insane shit.)  I was heading to do the mythical mods section next (the second coloumn on the 3rd page).

I've got to go and do a rework of modest mod milling soon, to get rid of errorlog entries, its not really causing issues, but I like having clean errorlogs.  I can watch for duplicate naming... but really I'd love to see some of this get delegated to others to accomplish.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: May 20, 2017, 10:50:42 pm »

You misunderstand.  Last time I played, there were 2 entries for almost every booze.  At embark, there would be

Dwarven Brandy
Dwarven Brandy
Dwarven Rum
Dwarven Rum

Et cetera.  I think it was a result of the 'harder farming' plugin, which added a bunch of new mushrooms.

Keld

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: May 21, 2017, 10:59:29 am »

The game runs perfectly, expecially the advance world gen.
the only problem is that everytime I try to start Dwarf therapist it chash or is unable to read the game

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: May 21, 2017, 11:30:07 am »

The game runs perfectly, expecially the advance world gen.
the only problem is that everytime I try to start Dwarf therapist it chash or is unable to read the game

DT is having issues.  I believe you have to have a specific MSVC.dll, you can find the links in the DT forum over in utilities.

You misunderstand.  Last time I played, there were 2 entries for almost every booze.  At embark, there would be

Dwarven Brandy
Dwarven Brandy
Dwarven Rum
Dwarven Rum

Et cetera.  I think it was a result of the 'harder farming' plugin, which added a bunch of new mushrooms.

yes the double entries come from the alcohol definitions in the new mushrooms and certain plants.  I have not spent time to track them down, they were just duplicate over from the original dwarf plants.  Harder Farming, just increases the time frame of all the growth rates of plants, reducing number of harvests by 1/2.

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: May 21, 2017, 06:24:01 pm »

So, I dunno if anyone else pointed it out, but goblins seem to be failing to spawn. Is there something in thier entities I'm overlooking? Cause this was also an issue in the last update Meph did.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: May 21, 2017, 07:31:48 pm »

I've had several worlds gen with goblins... determined by which other civs you add in, goblins may have a hard time finding a site on some maps.  also some of the custom world gens have issues where goblins and kobolds wont produce civs. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: May 21, 2017, 07:42:02 pm »

Well, that's the thing - I've disabled most other civs with the intent of getting a semi-vanilla set up for civs (only deviation is the inclusion of more primitive - beakwolves and stranglers usually - fortress defense races from time to time.) They should be spawning fine, but they simply aren't

And this is across about 20 separate gens, which makes me think there's some kind of problem with thier entity or something, unless my download is messed up for that one race for some reason...

Khaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 21, 2017, 08:02:41 pm »

I've noticed something that's probably unimportant to most people: There's no reaction in the raws for making the churchwarden pipe, i.e., the item used to smoke sweet or deep galena. At the moment it's impossible for dwarves to decide to go smoke these things due to this.
Aside from anyone feeling like having some !fun! by dumping galena on a tile and then carefully lighting it up with lava or something and pumping the smoke (which has an inhalable syndrome), both sweet and deep galena are completely functionless. And I've not spent the time to figure out whether or not that smoke actually can do so if you manually burn it (I did light some on fire but the poor test dwarf decided that walking away from the campfire after lighting it up was a silly idea and not for him).
Maybe disable them if they're just nonfunctional in DF's mechanics? I could probably put together a raw for the pipe, but I'm not sure if you're interested in it or dealing with anything in the patreon rewards stuff.

Aelforth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: May 21, 2017, 09:44:23 pm »

It seems like there's an issue with magma and water wells in the latest version for the dwarv civ. Had to register, so I don't have the errors on hand, but trying to use a magma/waterwell as a dwarf civ on a clean download of 1.25 resulted in a nil reference error and no liquid spawn.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 21, 2017, 10:23:12 pm »

I've noticed something that's probably unimportant to most people: There's no reaction in the raws for making the churchwarden pipe, i.e., the item used to smoke sweet or deep galena. At the moment it's impossible for dwarves to decide to go smoke these things due to this.
Aside from anyone feeling like having some !fun! by dumping galena on a tile and then carefully lighting it up with lava or something and pumping the smoke (which has an inhalable syndrome), both sweet and deep galena are completely functionless. And I've not spent the time to figure out whether or not that smoke actually can do so if you manually burn it (I did light some on fire but the poor test dwarf decided that walking away from the campfire after lighting it up was a silly idea and not for him).
Maybe disable them if they're just nonfunctional in DF's mechanics? I could probably put together a raw for the pipe, but I'm not sure if you're interested in it or dealing with anything in the patreon rewards stuff.

I'll check into it.  didn't know it was missing.

It seems like there's an issue with magma and water wells in the latest version for the dwarv civ. Had to register, so I don't have the errors on hand, but trying to use a magma/waterwell as a dwarf civ on a clean download of 1.25 resulted in a nil reference error and no liquid spawn.

Really?  well I'll check into and fix it for 1.26... I don't know why it broke in 1.25, if it is.  if its not on this side, hold onto the save file and I would like to see it. (just the region folder inside the data\save folder).

Well, that's the thing - I've disabled most other civs with the intent of getting a semi-vanilla set up for civs (only deviation is the inclusion of more primitive - beakwolves and stranglers usually - fortress defense races from time to time.) They should be spawning fine, but they simply aren't

And this is across about 20 separate gens, which makes me think there's some kind of problem with thier entity or something, unless my download is messed up for that one race for some reason...

Interesting, Well I have to run some more tests of the ZM5 creatures and apparently check a few other errors, so I run a few world gens tomorrow and see what shows up.  you had beakwolves, stranglers, goblins, dwarves, and anything else?  I'll see if I can do a few legend exports too and see how goblins are fairing... Is it that you just don't see them on the map, or are you actually checking to see if goblins are in the legend file at an earlier point?  And bare with me, what time frame and map size are we talking about... they could just be getting ripped up at an earlier year mark.

current work on 1.26
1. update DFHack to 43.05 r1 - completed in testing.
2. Update TwbT to the latest version - completed in testing.
3. Fix to Guildhall transformations - testing complete, DONE.
4. Check for building menu title objects that have a hotkey set to them. done. basically only found the one in humans, if anyone else see one with a hotkey let me know.
5. Value fix to humans. done.
6. Start looking at a way to create documentation from the raw scripts
7. updated the ZM5 creatures. - completed in testing.
8. tesb fix. testing complete, DONE.
09. updated the MMMMM creatures. - completed in testing. - this is the section with mythical monsters, plump helmet men, the wild hunt, *-mancy, etc on the mod page... fully updated several upgrades and balances and additions. 
10. Grim's historical arms.... being considered, may get offset to a later pack.
11. Stal's armoury.... being considered, may get offset to a later pack.
12. update to spacefox graphics. - files in hand needs to be checked against original, for MW additions.

additional fixes being looked into:
1. test golems, supposedly get attacked by caravans.
2. magma/water well failure !?!
3. goblin not spawning.
4. alcohol names, duplicates.
5. errors from the errorlog.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 10:36:22 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 21, 2017, 10:56:27 pm »

Using legends viewer, they don't show up at all in every instance.

The gens are usually 200-ish year histories with medium worlds. Civs in play this last go around were Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Goblins, Stranglers, Kobolds, and Beakwolves. All but the goblins spawned normally and worked perfectly fine, and when in play orcs have absolutely no trouble spawning whatsoever.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 22, 2017, 01:24:10 am »

Just posted over in the succubus thread since i was using them, but their magma well isn't working either and is throwing an error in the dfhack console.

Edit: Unrelated but possibly also a bug, succubi can't use stockpiled toys to build a pleasure room. If the toys are in a bin in stockpile they are invisible to them for construction use.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2017, 01:31:06 am by cerevox »

Sol Invictus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 22, 2017, 03:36:02 am »

To restore the functionality of magmawell and waterwell is necessary to move the "base/roses-init" from onMapLoad.init to onLoad.init and add the section "#new waterwell test" to onMapLoad.init.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 29