Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm going to start working on a New race for fortress mode in MDF, which is wanted more?

Elves... we need tree hugging hippy forts!!!!!
- 16 (29.1%)
Goblin... Let the demons rule the land!!!!
- 4 (7.3%)
Necromancers... Build your own tower and fill it with your undead servants!!!
- 24 (43.6%)
Repair the Werebeasts... More savage beastie goodness!!!!  maybe even a fort mode!?!?
- 1 (1.8%)
Repair the Titans... so they will come and destroy your fortresses again!
- 6 (10.9%)
Repair the Night Creatures... we need more kidnapped children!
- 0 (0%)
Vampires... flesh out their game play so they drink more blood and even may have a fort mode!?!?
- 4 (7.3%)
Something different to replace one of these?  Let me know what you think would be cool?!?!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Voting closed: June 20, 2017, 09:37:53 am

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29

Author Topic: Modified ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.29 (43.05 x64)  (Read 85989 times)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼MASTERWORK☼ v1.26 (43.05 x64)
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2017, 04:22:39 pm »

WOoooooo thats a lot of invokes... oh shit I'm going to go look at the paper work... nothing should be producing that many invokes.

yeah I'd like to see the save.  just the region folder...  It should have all I need to check it.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:26:51 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

tase

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2017, 04:32:32 pm »

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 04:41:22 pm by tase »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2017, 06:32:19 pm »

nvm I just found it... apparently after the error in the scripts I fixed for 1.26 it calls this script, then this script calls itself every 100 ticks afterwards... just delete it... it should throw one error in the console when initializing, but after that it wont change game play.  I have disabled its initial call in the 1.27 comits and if we decide to use its functions in the future we will restart it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2017, 07:11:26 pm »

okay here's my current list based on what I didn't get done last update and want to do for the next update.... I'm sick though, I can't promise I'll get through it, but I'm moving a little now... lets see what is in the list.

left over that I didn't get done:
1. errors from the errorlog. I've removed several.
2. alcohol names, duplicates.
3. Start looking at a way to create documentation. I have some concepts.... out sourcing... if anyone is interested let me know, I have a lead developer, you can join a team.
4. Grim's historical arms. some inherent oddities in the new version may not upgrade.
5. Stal's armoury.
6. Entity reformat for Hermit entity file.
7. fixed that periodic check thing by disabling it - done.
8. fix these:
Duplicate "ENERGY_TEMPLATE" in material_template_zm5.txt and in material_template_masterwork.txt
Empty token [] in creature_subterranean.txt SPIDER_CAVE_GIANT line 1085
Duplicate "SOUL_GEM" in inorganic_zm5 and inorganic_succubus.txt
Duplicate "4TUSKS" in body_zm5.txt and in body_default.txt
Duplicate "8EYES" in body_zm5.txt and in body_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "BRAIN_NOTHOUGHT" in body_zm5.txt and in body_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_MATERIALS" in b_detail_plan_zm5.txt and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_TISSUES" in b_detail_plan_zm5 and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
9. update armok vision.
10. update modest mods if possible... I'll have to look into it.
11. fix dwarf merchants. done.  it wasn't that it needed 5 coins it needed 5 stacks of coins, which presented an issue that any stack size counted... changed it to 1 gold bar.
12. figure out whats going on in default profile. - fixed sort of...I set the default profile to the same as the settings I use when I "pack" MDF ... warning keybindings may not work the way you are use too... apparently I've had a modified version of the keybindings forever and a day being passed with the mod (even I may be upset, lol)  if in testing I can't handle it... well either I'm going to revert and save my keybindings under amostubal's or one of those 2 options are going to get hacked.
13. try to find out whats going on in liquid fire, and coral both odd materials that are appearing now suddenly... liquid fire destroying dwarf embarks, coral beings crashing worlds.... whats MDF coming too... this one probably wont have an answer this update.
14. any other updates you would like to see... anything else erroring in odd ways? let me know.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2017, 09:01:41 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 28, 2017, 03:04:50 pm »

When you say "delete this script" which one are you talking about, and where is it? I have been getting the same stutter on my succubus, but just assumed it was something else i had running on the box.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 28, 2017, 03:45:16 pm »

the file located at:
Dwarf Fortress\hack\scripts\masterwork\base\periodic-check.lua

you can just delete that file... its not maintaining anything that we are using.  so it will throw an error when you initiate a map... but after that no more errors should occur.  besides I need people to do that while I'm fixing the other things in the game... a test period I would call it.  so that if deleting it does cause more serious errors I can deal with that.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 28, 2017, 07:06:56 pm »

Deleted file. So far, game has been working fine, as far as I can tell. The stuttering is gone. However, it is throwing errors in the dfhack console. On startup it threw the no periodic check error you said it would, but it also threw a "base/liquid-update is not a recognized command" error as well right after the periodic check one.

It has also been throwing an error every now and then with this...
http://imgur.com/a/HTfPO

However, nothing has died that I can tell, and its just throwing it at random. Haven't noticed any issues from it.

As an unrelated issue, succubui magma workshops are locked till you reach the magma sea. I can make magma topside with the well, but I can't make the magma furnace/glassmaker/forge till I dig to magma sea.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2017, 10:46:31 pm »

yeah thats a non necessary line... rose-init calls the liquids-update script on its on, a second call isn't necessary.  fixed in the 1.27 planned pack already.

interesting... that should be fixed by the succubus-init file... It worked when I embarked as succubus earlier today... I've noticed that sometimes it wont be unlocked at first when embarking... but if you save and reload the game it will work... not sure what is causing that.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2017, 10:49:26 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

woven silk.

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2017, 12:18:43 am »

Hello, thanks for all the work you're putting into this! I have a slight problem: I'll be playing the game and everything is going fine, until the game just disappears. I thought it might have something to do with enabling the LAA, like you mentioned on several other posts. However, when I clicked on the utility in the utility bar nothing happened. I opened up the folder but couldn't find it. The other utilities seem to all be there, but I can't find the LAA. Do you have any idea about what I should do?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 29, 2017, 11:13:55 am »

Hello, thanks for all the work you're putting into this! I have a slight problem: I'll be playing the game and everything is going fine, until the game just disappears. I thought it might have something to do with enabling the LAA, like you mentioned on several other posts. However, when I clicked on the utility in the utility bar nothing happened. I opened up the folder but couldn't find it. The other utilities seem to all be there, but I can't find the LAA. Do you have any idea about what I should do?

LAA was removed from this version, it was designed for x32 (archaic x86 windows) programs using it on DFx64 shouldn't have any effect, but for concern it may cause DF to have other issues, it was removed.

If the game just disappears it could be a plethora of things.... any serious memory leak or system fail in DF itself, will cause it to crash... Is there any common factor in what is going on when it happens?   so far I've seen generated monsters made of coral seem to cause CTDs(crash to desktop), certain other things like too many weapon traps, Sometimes caravans, setting details either in shop or job manager.   Basically if you have one, reload the last save and see if it happens again.  try to find the point it does happen at by saving every couple of in game days.  If it was while you was in the menus(game pause) try and repeat the actions you did prior to the crash.  If you can pin it down to a particular event or something repeatable, something we can test, then we can know what's going on.

the LAA fix of the past was primarily a fail to load issue where either it wouldn't load/lock up/freeze then crash, or it would loose it's tilesets and be unplayable (eveything turned into colored squares like 1 pixel for each tile, lol).  That was a 1.22 to 1.23 issue... and was fixed.

status if 1.27 update:
1. errors from the errorlog. I've removed several more... almost 0.
2. alcohol names, duplicates. - done, 3 duplicates, portabella's - dwarven portabella gin, blue caps - dwarven vodka, white caps - dwarven brandy.
3. Outsourced documentation: I've got a lead documentation developer working on the documentation packed with masterwork.
4. Grim's historical arms. some inherent oddities in the new version may not upgrade.
5. Stal's armoury.
8. fix these:
Duplicate "ENERGY_TEMPLATE" in material_template_zm5.txt and in material_template_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_MATERIALS" in b_detail_plan_zm5.txt and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
Duplicate "SKELETON_TISSUES" in b_detail_plan_zm5 and in b_detail_plan_masterwork.txt
- done.
9. update armok vision.
10. Well I fixed the modest milling so it doesn't dump 1000 errors anymore - done.
11. fix dwarf merchants. done.  no longer needs 5 stacks of coins ... changed it to 1 gold bar.
12. figure out whats going on in default profile. - fixed, let me know if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly on it.
13. liquid fire - boltgun is investigating this, we will go with his recommendations
14. coral from naga - removed for some reason creatures made of it are so brittle that they crumble to nothing(yep thats the final determination, these creatures are taking on severe damage as they move and in about 100 ticks from appearing they turn to dust) and this causes games to crash to desktop (the game cannot handle the creature becoming nothing without dying, it doesn't die its still there without a body...)... this may not be the actual cause, I could not verify that it was or was not the coral in naga, but since we didn't need it for anything, disabling it was the best option to see if coral creatures continue to be created.

any other updates you would like to see... anything else odd? let me know.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 06:28:48 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: May 29, 2017, 05:53:48 pm »

I'm not sure this helps you in anyway but the current version is very unstable and does hardly work out of the box with the gfx utilities provided (tested on 2 different systems) Armok Vision doesn't work, Stonesense works but crashes the DF client randomly. Isoworld doesnt work. Lots of random crashes on at the moment where i could not determine what the cause is. Can i help anyway by providing more detailed error logs ?

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: May 29, 2017, 06:39:57 pm »

I'm not sure this helps you in anyway but the current version is very unstable and does hardly work out of the box with the gfx utilities provided (tested on 2 different systems) Armok Vision doesn't work, Stonesense works but crashes the DF client randomly. Isoworld doesnt work. Lots of random crashes on at the moment where i could not determine what the cause is. Can i help anyway by providing more detailed error logs ?

Armok vision and isoworld packed with MDF has not been updated to current versions, so will most likely fail.  a lot of applications have not been updated in the pack since 43.03 x32 so they are not guaranteed to run at all... its apart of the updates I'm looking to get done now.
stonesense - comes from dfhack out of the box as is... so there's no telling whats going on there... I've never set it up before so I can't tell you what it might need to be correct... that would be an issue to bring up in the stonesense forum post run by lethosor, maybe he can tell us what is wrong with it.

status if 1.27 update:
1. errors from the errorlog. I've removed several more... almost 0.
2. alcohol names, duplicates. - done, 3 duplicates, portabella's - dwarven portabella gin, blue caps - dwarven vodka, white caps - dwarven brandy.
3. Outsourced documentation: I've got a lead documentation developer working on the documentation packed with masterwork.
5. Stal's armoury.
8. fix these:
- done.
9. update armok vision.
10. Well I fixed the modest milling so it doesn't dump 1000 errors anymore - done.
11. fix dwarf merchants. done.  no longer needs 5 stacks of coins ... changed it to 1 gold bar.
12. figure out whats going on in default profile. - fixed, let me know if anything doesn't seem to be working correctly on it.
13. liquid fire - boltgun is investigating this, we will go with his recommendations, currently I can't even get a save that has a dwarf with anything of liquid fire.
14. coral plant from naga - removed for some reason creatures made of it are so brittle that they crumble to nothing(yep thats the final determination, these creatures are taking on severe damage as they move and in about 100 ticks from appearing they turn to dust) and this causes games to crash to desktop (the game cannot handle the creature becoming nothing without dying, it doesn't die its still there without a body...)... this may not be the actual cause, I could not verify that it was or was not the coral plant in naga, but since we didn't need it for anything, disabling it was the best option to see if coral collapsing creatures continue to appear.
15. isoworld update if I can find it. impossible, last update was years ago.
16. legendsViewer updated to v 1.17 - done.

any other updates you would like to see... anything else odd? let me know.

« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 09:00:08 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: May 29, 2017, 08:50:42 pm »

isoworld was last developed in 2015... its a map viewer off of legends... has anyone tried it recently?  I haven't and I don't know if it will ever be updated... its last update is really pre 42.06.   so if what is in the pack isn't working I'll deprecate it from future editions... I need a few confirmations on this so I can delete it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Altaree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 31, 2017, 01:15:44 pm »

Bone pots don't seem to be used to store things.
Dan Pearson:
This is a game which calculates the volume of blood in every creature it generates so it knows how much alcohol it would have to consume to get drunk, an update which, remarkably, ended up covering people's fortresses in cat vomit.

Aelforth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 31, 2017, 03:07:39 pm »

Can confirm that bone pots don't seem to be used for anything.

Also, it appears that Jotunn visitors from the artic mod will topple buildings and workshops when they're friendly and visiting. I'm fairly sure that's related to the [BUILDINGDESTROYER:2] tag present in creature_artic. I'll try genning a new world once I'm done testing on this one and see if that still occurs. For now they get a quick visit from the DFhack exterminator..
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 29