Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: You are a Planet [SG]  (Read 5235 times)

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Planet [SG]
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2017, 12:35:42 pm »

How should I know? I was just chasing after your ugly pig of a partner, dreaming about having his moons, but mostly just feeling bored, there hadn't been so much as an asteroid in the past hundred orbits, when you suddenly realised that you were bored, which was wholly incongruent with what you know of planets. Which really isn't much... If you really concentrate you get a vague feel of your molten centre, but that feels super uncomfortable and freaky and like you might break something vital, so you probably just randomly started thinking with your gooey insides?
+1

the incredibly heated and various silicon compounds that make up your surface is actually your "mind",  working in such a self-supporting manner that sentient life is made, particularly in the great big purple molten substrate zones, that hold a geometric and crystalline pattern that shifts every second.
+1
+1
Max avatar size is 80x80

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2017, 05:39:05 pm »

Oooo, PTW.
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2017, 03:36:15 pm »

After giving it some thought, you realize that your surface and mantle are somehow working as your mind, and that your mind was awakened beyond subconscious thought by the heat of the star you're approaching. Probably involves crystals and electricity. Anyways...

You're still floating towards a star. Makes your magma boil. Nothing you can do. Nothing.

Such a shame.

It will be a while, though. What will you do in the meantime?

A: You do have some odd perception of your mantle and your insides. Maybe you can manipulate them?
B: If the heat from your stars is part of what's letting you think, maybe the gas giant can think also? Maybe you can try communicating with him?
C: But why would you do that when you can think! Philosophize! Contemplate! Seek enlightenment!
D: Something else?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2017, 03:38:45 pm »

Consider the possibility of transferring our consciousness to the sun. Philosophize, afterward, if possible.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2017, 05:16:31 pm »

A

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 31, 2017, 05:18:05 pm »

Study and refine the materials granting you thought. Things like seeing what thoughts send material towards a choke-point and then spam that to clear the blockage. If some materials change based upon certain thoughts then try to change them into something that provides faster, stronger, and more sophisticated signal transmission...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 09:08:44 am »

Insufficient consensus. Tiebreaker please. Though A and Ram's write-in are similar enough that I'll lean them if I don't get another vote.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2017, 04:59:14 pm »

A + RAM's write-in

I like the sound of initial exploration and experimentation followed up by focus on improving signal transmissions.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 05, 2017, 06:09:05 pm »

sorry if i came in too late, but usually i'm always late to the good forum games
my planet is named "cesiumland."
E: earth like planet

B: goldilocks zone

star:
c: white dwarf

e: a volcanic moon.

enemy 1:
b. supermassive rocky planet.

b: some distance away.
enemy 2:
a: gas giant.
Rubidium has RETURNED!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 05, 2017, 06:57:24 pm »

[snip]
It's a suggestion game, meaning all players control one character instead of all players getting a character of their own. The fact that it's a suggestion game is denoted by [SG] in the title.
~~~
You decide, despite the risk, to see about manipulating yourself.
((D20 system go!))

Manipulate Magma(7)
You first try to manipulate your inner magma, but all you get is a few "twitches"...

Manipulate Crystals(5)
And the same occurs with your crystal main structure. At least you know it's possible now. But... now what?

A: Try again! It's totally worth the risk!
B: Try communicating with the gas giant... somehow? How do you intend to do that(write-in)?
C: Philosophize!
D: Something else?
Generic Arms Race.

Rubidium

• Bay Watcher
  • Rubidium has RETURNED
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 05, 2017, 07:26:05 pm »

oh. thanks for telling me.
c: philosophize
Rubidium has RETURNED!

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2017, 08:08:31 pm »

Enter deep mediation and begin to levitate.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2017, 08:44:15 pm »

A We'll die anyway.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile