Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18

Author Topic: Time Paradox Mafia: Game Over, Mafia Win  (Read 40574 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Time Paradox Mafia [6/9] Day 2; One third gone
« Reply #180 on: August 09, 2017, 08:17:22 am »

Well is ANYTHING going to happen? -.-

6 people left. LYLO pretty much. Nobody's poking anything.

Idk why Roseheart acted so useless. We are 3 town don't wn day2 so that's a fucking wonder.

Teneb which one did you kill last night?
Neither. I tried to investigate roo last night because I don't always have the most consistent reads on them, but, well, they died.

But sure, try to throw suspicion on me.
REALLY NOW @_@
Because I moved your action to happen on N0.
And it did. Note how I said tried. Also remember how I said I'd not take part in timey-wimey shenanigans. I inspected roo on N1, got sent to N0, which changed nothing because they still died, so my results are meaningless.

You would have been paradoxed, Roo died on N0, Teneb.
Please elaborate on why he would have been paradoxed. If you're right, then either Teneb made a mistake or he's lying scum(and made a mistake), and I'd be fine voting him for that.
He can't investigate on N1 someone who's died on N0.
Normally, I couldn't. But my action got thrown to N0. So there you go, scumsucker.

But hey, if you people are so desperate for a lynch, go right ahead. Give mafia that win.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 09, 2017, 08:40:43 am »

Why on earth were you trying to inspect a dead person?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 09, 2017, 09:06:26 am »

He was alive. He was killed retroactively. How is this hard to grasp?
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 09, 2017, 09:55:49 am »

Fair enough.

So... you claim to be an alignment cop?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 09, 2017, 10:02:23 am »

What even was this last page of posts.

Also no 3rd party kill happened n2(or from whichever time stream we are on now)

We're not to night 2 yet.

We are really hingeing on if people will be informed of their abilities being blocked or so. If an action is taken on n2 for example to go back to n0, wouldn't the affected players find out due to the time difference? Once the timeline changes they would notice that things aren't how they should be. This is just an assumption but if true it would look to Teneb's guilt more than their innocence.

...why are you trying to lynch a claimed cop again?

I targeted:
> ROO
> TENEB
> FOU
> BHK
And moved their actions one day earlier. Meaning N0.
I already acted N0 though.

...? If two actions resolve on the same night then the standard action resolution order applies. Are you saying that you already tried to act N0?

I'm a benevolent third-party whose extra-curricular is doing anything alignment sided :P I'm a Jester (Not Really). Really.
Basically my only wincon is that I'll be creating a time paradox or that I'm involved in one -_- My only ability is making things happen earlier or later than the time my own action resolves. (As in, either I can cause it, or I'm involved in it) I can easily infer that mine just resolved N1.

Interesting. So what happens if you win? Do you just get removed from the game (assuming that you don't get killed in the time paradox you want, which would obviously make you dead)? What happens if a time paradox is resolved so that it's no longer a paradox? Do you not win anymore?

Teneb/FOU/BHK:

I targeted:
> ROO
> TENEB
> FOU
> BHK
And moved their actions one day earlier. Meaning N0.

So these are the main suspects for whoever made the kills last night that were moved to N0. As no one has claimed either one, we probably have 1 mafiakill + 1 evil 3p kill. That means that out of Teneb/FOU/BHK, the odds of at least two of them being scum are really high. Teneb has partially claimed already (at least, he's claimed to have an investigative ability), but I'd like to know what each of you did last night.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 09, 2017, 11:04:30 am »

And it would have 'failed'.
And I would have WON :V

Unless I'm misunderstanding stuff that people tried to clarify pages back >_>
. . . *realization sounds*
Pretty much only made it not a paradox, because I also moved your action to him.

well. Unvote.
So what made you claim out cop before anyone seriously did anthing?

PFP
PPE

Interesting. So what happens if you win? Do you just get removed from the game (assuming that you don't get killed in the time paradox you want, which would obviously make you dead)? What happens if a time paradox is resolved so that it's no longer a paradox? Do you not win anymore?
Usual wincon I bet. I do get removed from the game unless somehow I can be probably paradox unparadox'd? :V But that'd require a lot more entanglement than is necessary.

And yeah, I don't win anymore but even if that's the case I'm playing with the Town. :P

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 09, 2017, 11:32:53 am »

And it would have 'failed'.
And I would have WON :V

Unless I'm misunderstanding stuff that people tried to clarify pages back >_>
. . . *realization sounds*
Pretty much only made it not a paradox, because I also moved your action to him.

well. Unvote.
A bandwagon is hardly anything. And I can't investigate if I am dead.

Also, given how my action is investigate and not, say, block, I wouldn't have died in the paradox. There really isn't anything stopping me from investigating a dead person aside from the futility of it. A paradox occurs if, to use an example:

On N1, TheDarkStar attempts to kill me. You block him, preventing the kill. During N2, I submit a block targeting you on N1. Thus you couldn't have prevented my death, thus paradox, thus we all die.

Investigations can't prevent kills.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 09, 2017, 11:37:54 am »

You can't investigate the dead. That's what STOPS it. :P Because the person dying in N0 nullifies their existence in N1 to being targeted for investigation.

PFP

[Teneb]
Still have this to answer though :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 09, 2017, 01:03:46 pm »

Deus Asmoth: Can investigations cause paradoxes? For example, if you attempt to investigate someone and they are retroactively killed that same night, does it cause a paradox? Or are you just attempting to investigate a dead person?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 09, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »

[Teneb]

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 09, 2017, 05:10:31 pm »

I am the cop. Assuming powers are unique, Teneb can't be the cop. Hence, I'm voting Teneb.

Convenient how Teneb investigated somebody who's now dead. So he doesn't have to give an answer. I, on the other hand, investigated Caz, and learned she was town on N0.
Generic Arms Race.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 09, 2017, 05:39:37 pm »

Assuming powers are unique, Teneb can't be the cop.
Really? Are you sure? How sure? Because, let me remind you, there is zero evidence that roles are unique. You keep grasping for reasons to lynch me, all of them filmsy.
"Oh, you must be scum because paradox!" Then I refute that it was a paradox because my power does not in any way interact with killing powers. "Oh, you can't be a cop because I am saying I'm a cop!" Well, first: there could very well be two cops. There very well could be six cops for all it matters. Second: There's more than one kind of cop, mate, and I didn't say which I was. Third: We have, what, just your word that you are a cop? And just now, way after I myself claimed cop? Sure thing, FallacyofUrist. Sure thing.

Not that this will dissuade you or anything.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 09, 2017, 05:53:40 pm »

[Teneb]
Yes, um...about that.
It's not detailed at all :v It's partly like FoU's way of wording. It's something done just because.

Why did you claim at this certain time, and why'd you target said person.

Next is BHK's I acted on N0 comment. Why the brevity this whole game, too? :O

Caz: Who did Teneb really kill, and why was yours versed as a kill?

What about the REST OF YOU. V: We've ~3 town and 2 Mafia here (and me, but I already gave everything, and can only win if either my AP gets refreshed or something, or...around 3 nights pass to refill to 0. I guess :P)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 09, 2017, 06:05:45 pm »

Not that this will dissuade you or anything.
Yeah. It's not dissuading me at all.

Y'know, I think Tiruin's right. A massclaim may actually be a good idea. You have my claim.
Generic Arms Race.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 09, 2017, 06:19:07 pm »

My full claim? I'm a rolecop. Additionally, my power cannot fail or be interrupted by anything that resolves after it.

Why did you claim at this certain time, and why'd you target said person.
I already said why roo, but I'll restate it anyway: I inspected roo because I have a hard time reading roo. Thus I elected to not keep wondering and actually be sure. As to why then: as you yourself said, we are quite probably in LYLO. When it's lynch or lose, you go all in.

Also, I'd like to raise a point: why is everyone trusting what Caz said at the start of the day? Because, as far as I can see, there is no indication she is confirmed town? Why then, just believe her words? The only confirmed town in this game are the two dead ones. Hell, she just showed up and said: "Hey, Teneb, which of the two stiffs you killed?" If she used a power to see what I did last night, she could've called me out on it. Yet... she didn't. But kept her vote and watched as other players, one of them possibly her buddy, took the bait and hopped on the ol' bandwagon. Nope, totally town play.

So: Caz[/color], will you join us in massclaiming?

FallacyofUrist: If you really are a cop, who did you investigate as part of your action?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 18