Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 242

Author Topic: DFHack 50.11-r6  (Read 795630 times)

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r6
« Reply #3210 on: September 04, 2022, 01:36:32 pm »

Is dfhack.world.cur_year_tick_advmode working as intended?

You mean df.global.world, not dfhack.world, right? cur_year_tick_advmode only exists in the former. Those variables are set by DF, not DFHack. They "work as intended" by definition. It's just that we might not fully understand what they mean.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:21:27 pm by myk »

doublestrafe

• Bay Watcher
  • [PONY_DEPENDENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3211 on: September 04, 2022, 03:12:11 pm »

Is dfhack.world.cur_year_tick_advmode working as intended?

You mean df.global.world, not dfhack.world, right? cur_year_tick_advmode only exists in the former. Those variables are set by DF, not DFHack. They "work as intended" by definition. It's just that we might not fully understand what they mean.
Bleh. I was in fact thinking of df.global.cur_year_tick_advmode. Too many similarly named places and too much staring at them in the last few days. Think I was thinking of functions like dfhack.world.ReadCurrentTick(), which would be under your control and could theoretically be pointing at the wrong thing.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3212 on: September 07, 2022, 11:21:41 pm »

Hi all! The first cycle of DFHack's usability overhaul is just about complete, and we're looking for beta testers.

Specifically, we're looking for feedback about:

1. The new in-game command launcher with autocomplete, history search, mouse controls, and integrated help (bring up the launcher from any screen with the backtick hotkey)

2. The contents, formatting, and readability of the help text that is displayed in the help area of the launcher

You should be able to do everything you want with DFHack and get all the help you need without having to leave the game to read online docs or type things in the DFHack terminal.

There are, of course, a few caveats. Number one is that mouse controls are fairly basic. You can click on "buttons" and move the text cursor with a mouse click, but scrolling with the mouse wheel, click-and-drag, and copy/pasting with the operating system-provided clipboard are just not possible in dwarf fortress. You scroll the help text in the launcher by left/right clicking to jump by half-pages or by using the Pgup/Pgdn keys. I'm not sure if we can do better than that right now. Maybe the next version of DF will provide a more consistent way to scroll. If it does, DFHack will be sure to integrate with it. (Note that you *can* map your scroll wheel in DF to simulate the keystrokes that would scroll the text, but this is not the default configuration)

The second caveat is that while we have rewritten hundreds of pages of documentation over the past few months, we haven't updated the devel or modtools script help yet. These scripts are hidden in the launcher by default, so you might not even notice, but if you do investigate those scripts and find some "TODO" notes, that's why.

Please DM me or reply to this post if you're interested in giving feedback!

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3213 on: September 12, 2022, 01:18:58 pm »

The steps to install the DFHack pre-release are:

• Delete the "hack" directory in your Dwarf Fortress folder
  • Download the correct "Build artifact" (at the bottom of the page) for your platform from here
  • Extract the archive to your Dwarf Fortress folder (see here for detailed installation instructions)

Note that the location of DFHack init files has changed from the root of the Dwarf Fortress folder to dfhack-config/init. If you have made custom changes to your DFHack init files, copy just your changes to dfhack-config/init. If you haven't made any custom changes to DFHack init files, you don't have to do anything.

Here are some things you can try:

• hit backtick (the other symbol on the tilde key) to bring up the in-game DFHack interface. Try to use it as your only way to run DFHack commands.
  • start typing a command and then use Tab (or click on a list item) to autocomplete.
  • start typing a command that you have run before and hit Alt-S (or click on the "Search" text button) to bring up an entire commandline from your history. Try pressing Alt-S multiple times to cycle through matches in your history if the first one isn't the one you want.
  • Read the help text. Scroll down or up by left/right clicking on the help text area. You can also use Pgdn/Pgup or Ctrl-Down/Ctrl-Up for scrolling too.
  • After you type a command you're familiar with, look at the autocomplete list to see related commands. Click on one of them and explore something new!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3214 on: September 19, 2022, 02:33:26 am »

ok so got around to finishing testing the latest version of the 'tofort for player forts only' script called topfort.

so far going from fort mode to adv mode would work, though probably best to make the player fort size around 3x3 until the day I/someone figures out how to adjust the size of the mapedge borders for the site size.

while I might say this version of warmist script is more stable than the previous one it still has some stuff that I probably missed in testing and some bugs that might come up during modded gameplay... or drinking in taverns.
Spoiler: "topfort6.lua" (click to show/hide)

so probably best to use this script in the middle of your fort on the surface first if you're going from adv to fort mode, or you might set the mapedge to the middle of solid rock and soil if you do this underground.
that is if the mapedge is cleared.
and if there is any screw ups with fort mapedges at least there's the z level resetting script I made before.

oh yeah syndromes might linger indefintantly still with this use and probably get fixed on map unload via fast traveling... but doing that might cause you to re-set a bunch of fort settings like locations being not adjusted and some folks not having their beds assigned but this script does seem to make some assigned rooms stick so I don't know if that's due to stored ui data or what.

I probably stick with saving the game in the game mode you started in for sanity safety checks... and beware of important location overlaying your site when switching into the different game mode as it might pick up that site instead.
other than that have fun:
 using adv mode talking and personal actions in fort mode scenarios like convincing some guest their book they been carrying is worth the tradeexchange for a looted battleaxe from some random keep you visited, or applying a chokehold on someone who ambushed the site leading to someone jumping in to kill them for you.
or convince the local 'agent villian' to join your militia dwarves and send them off on a mission to fight some mercinaries and make bets on if they come back alive or not.
exchange goods with folks that trading prevents you too, like hauling corpses and rotting goods off your lands for charity.
be able to interrogate folks with out need of a crime to pin on them.

explore the world then use the discovered locations as prime invasion targets for your group of hand pick militia of different shapes and sizes and possibly use the event rumor of their arrival to mass rescue the locals of the location to then later convert them into another militia group to kickstart another invasion operation.

set up arenas where winner gets to join the fort and the loser gets to also join the fort just later after you resurrect them.

deal with vampires personally
and many more fort mode scenarios I could possibly think of that could use an adventurer's skill set.

edit: ok after some long period of testing I for sure figure out the issue with caravans.
I would have dump the code here but I already gone past the character limit so instead here's a Github link to both updated versions of Tofort and topfort ... called tofort16 and topfort7.
https://gist.github.com/Rumrusher/5a83f2bc103cc270f9bdf77c1f1dbd06
oh yeah

you probably want to use this for mapedge(and additional ui bonus) clearing though I should warn you run this in adv mode before running the tofort scripts. 

Code: ("ui-clean.lua") [Select]
while #df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_creatures > 0 do
df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_creatures:erase(#df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_creatures-1)
end
while #df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_creature_foods > 0 do
df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_creature_foods:erase(#df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_creature_foods-1)
end
while #df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_plants > 0 do
df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_plants:erase(#df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_plants-1)
end
while #df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_plant_foods > 0 do
df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_plant_foods:erase(#df.global.ui.tasks.discovered_plant_foods-1)
end
while #df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_x > 0 do
df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_x:erase(#df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_x-1)
end

while #df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_y > 0 do
    df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_y:erase(#df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_y-1)
    end
   while #df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_z > 0 do
    df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_z:erase(#df.global.ui.unk_mapedge_z-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_x > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_x:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_x-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_y > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_y:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_y-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_z > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_z:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.surface_z-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[0] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[0]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[0]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[1] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[1]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[1]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[2] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[2]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[2]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[3] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[3]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[3]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[4] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[4]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_z[4]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[0] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[0]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[0]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[1] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[1]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[1]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[2] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[2]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[2]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[3] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[3]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[3]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[4] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[4]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_x[4]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[0] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[0]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[0]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[1] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[1]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[1]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[2] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[2]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[2]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[3] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[3]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[3]-1)
    end
while #df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[4] > 0 do
    df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[4]:erase(#df.global.ui.map_edge.layer_y[4]-1)
    end

function fillunk(tbl,low,high)
  for v =low, high do
    tbl[v].unk1=0
    tbl[v].unk2=0
  end
end
fillunk(df.global.ui.unk2a8c[0],0,143)
fillunk(df.global.ui.unk2a8c[1],0,143)
fillunk(df.global.ui.unk2a8c[2],0,143)
fillunk(df.global.ui.unk2a8c[3],0,143)
so this mostly means switching between fort mode and adv mode is mostly stable.
like I could probably flip between the two and not have to worry about Too much stuff going wrong.

outside of like sending the adventurer on a raid which shuffles the active unit list and makes shifting into adv mode a risk where you could pop into the body of some cavern critter... but that' something that could be avoided with remembering that could happen.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2022, 05:08:44 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3215 on: September 30, 2022, 03:36:19 pm »

DFHack 0.47.05-r7 has been released!

Download it here!

This is the first usability-focused DFHack release. The major new feature is the in-game command launcher with integrated help, autocomplete, command history (including history search), related tools display, and mouse integration.

You can access the new command launcher by clicking on the "[ DFHack Launcher ]" button in the lower left corner of the screen or by tapping the backquote (`) key. If the backquote key isn't convenient or isn't available for your keyboard layout, there is an alternate hotkey of Ctrl-Shift-D.

You can type part of a command to see autocomplete options. Hit Tab or click on an option to autocomplete. To pull a full commandline from your history, hit Alt-S or click on the "history search" button instead. When you type a command, its help text will be displayed in the large panel at the bottom. Hit Enter or click on the 'run" button to run. That's it! More info on the launcher here (which you can also see in-game when you type "gui/launcher" in the command box : )

From the screenshots, you may notice that text areas now have scrollbars. Click on the arrows at the end to scroll by one line, or on the empty area above or below the green part of the bar to scroll by half pages. You can also click on the command text that you are writing to reposition the cursor for editing.

Many thanks to the community members and beta testers who provided feedback on the launcher! Many of the best usability features were suggested by them! In particular, u/ZergTDG, u/Skitlee5, u/Thebuda, and u/tmPreston. You're awesome! Also D.B. Cooper, Quietust, and everyone else on the DFHack discord who gave feedback throughout development.

DFHack help itself has also been overhauled. More than 300 pages of help text has been reformatted and rewritten to make them more informative, easier to read, and easier to understand. Moreover, all DFHack tools are now tagged so that you can find them easier. Try running the new tags command to explore the categories! These tags also control what is in the list of related tools that appears in the right panel of the launcher when you are running a command.

New stuff

Apart from the aforementioned gui/launcher and tags, there's a bunch of great new stuff in this release:

- u/wolfboyft wrote the DFHack modding guide, which will get you up to speed if you'd like to explore how to use DFHack to extend your raws modding.
- run enable gui/kitchen-info to add more info to the Kitchen screen, including what each ingredient is good for besides cooking.
- Hit "D" on the workorder details screen (where you can, say, set which kind of stone to use for a particular workorder) to get more control over the materials used to fulfill workorder jobs.
- We finally have a good way to dynamically limit the size of the next migration wave with max-wave and limit growth over time with pop-control (or even enforce a hermit challenge!).
- Get notified when creatures that may steal your food, drinks, or items become visible (e.g. keas) with warn-stealers.
- DFHack now comes with a super useful library of manager orders! See them with orders list and import them into your game with orders import. Try orders import library/basic to get a great set of orders for basic fort necessities! More info here.
- DFHack's implementation of DwarfTherapist (manipulator -- accessible from the u-l screen) now comes with a library of pre-made professions that you can apply to your dwarves. More info here.

We are also working mouse controls into more of the DFHack tools. For example, you can now move the blueprint preview around by clicking on the map when using gui/quickfort. You can interact with the map with the mouse in similar ways when using gui/quantum and gui/blueprint. Expect more mouse capabilities for DFHack tools in the future!

How to upgrade

A few files have moved around in this release, so if you're upgrading an existing installation, please read this section.

- When upgrading to this release, please *remove* the dfhack-config/dwarfmonitor.json file. It will get regenerated the next time you run DF. If you don't regenerate this file, the weather indicator (e.g. "Rain") will overlap with the new DFHack button in the lower left corner. If you have custom modifications to this file that you'd like to keep, please merge them back in once the file has been regenerated.
- DFHack init scripts (dfhack.init, onLoad.init, onMapLoad.init, etc.) have moved into dfhack-config/init/. If you have not made any custom modifications to these files, you don't need to do anything. Default configuration will be generated and used. If you have custom changes, please run DF once to generate the default config files and then move *just your custom changes* into the corresponding init files. See the docs for details.
- The history files for the various interactive DFHack commandline tools have moved into dfhack-config/. If you want to keep your command histories, please move your existing *.history files into dfhack-config/. Note that the new gui/launcher interface will make the commands in your old dfhack.history file available for searching even if you never get around to moving that file to the new directory.

And, just like every DFHack release, please remove the hack/ directory in your DF game folder before extracting the new version of DFHack into your DF folder. There were several scripts and other files that were removed in this release. If you don't remove the hack/ directory before upgrading, the old, unusable scripts will clutter the autocomplete list in the command launcher.

Screenshots

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3216 on: September 30, 2022, 03:37:44 pm »

Full changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3217 on: September 30, 2022, 11:05:25 pm »

Full changelog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Looks amazing!  Why did this have to come out when I’m really invested in my current fort?…  :D
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack 0.47.05-r7
« Reply #3218 on: October 01, 2022, 01:26:15 am »

You can absolutely upgrade in the middle of a fort! You can just upgrade DFHack without touching anything else.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3219 on: October 01, 2022, 04:02:05 am »

You can absolutely upgrade in the middle of a fort! You can just upgrade DFHack without touching anything else.

Yeah, but this particular update sounds like it’d be best to do a clean install.  I’m particularly concerned about the init files and history files…

I wonder if I can do a clean install and copy my save over…

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3220 on: October 01, 2022, 02:19:32 pm »

I wonder if I can do a clean install and copy my save over…
As long as you're already using 0.47.05, then this should absolutely work. DFHack itself doesn't break save compatibility. You could always make a backup copy of your save folder first to be safe, though.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

JPapas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3221 on: October 02, 2022, 10:25:21 am »

Sad to report that in the latest version, the behaviour of gui/gm-unit skill editor is still bugged, with + and - being picked up by the search filter instead of modifying values. Behaviour is happening in Adventurer mode, have not tested in Fortress mode.

myk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3222 on: October 02, 2022, 10:45:28 am »

Just to be sure, you're using DFHack 0.47.05-r7, the version just released two days ago, correct? This issue was marked as fixed in -r7.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 10:48:53 am by myk »

JPapas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3223 on: October 02, 2022, 01:09:39 pm »

Just to be sure, you're using DFHack 0.47.05-r7, the version just released two days ago, correct? This issue was marked as fixed in -r7.

Yes, I made a fresh install just today for the sole purpose of trying this out.

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3224 on: October 02, 2022, 02:21:08 pm »

Alright, I’m doing a fresh install (I was told this embark had iron.  There’s no iron…) and I’ve got a question.  Where should I put .dfhackrc?  Does it still go in the main DF directory, or has it moved somewhere else?

Edit:

Never mind, I just looked in dfhack.  It looks like it first looks for $HOME/.dfhackrc and sources that, then looks for ./dfhackrc and sources that too.

Anyways, it’s working and I’m now generating a world!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 04:51:32 pm by A_Curious_Cat »
Pages: 1 ... 213 214 [215] 216 217 ... 242