Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 754147 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe of Methiant!
« Reply #180 on: May 25, 2017, 07:01:28 am »

A
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 25, 2017, 07:09:39 am »

"Thanks too" Are they demanding a mountain of wealth as a small price? I wish we had some more exact numbers here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 25, 2017, 07:18:54 am »

"Thanks too" Are they demanding a mountain of wealth as a small price? I wish we had some more exact numbers here.
I'm betting at worst, 2 econ. Commonly it is 1 econ, but we [players] aren't that aware of the fluctuating tax + seasonal stuffs happening, so I'm guessing.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: May 25, 2017, 07:20:03 am »

That's what I would have thought too, but the way the adviser worded it is strange. We should be able to afford it either way, with or without the payment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 25, 2017, 07:23:08 am »

That's what I would have thought too, but the way the adviser worded it is strange. We should be able to afford it either way, with or without the payment.
I'm trusting it to him being young and new--all our folks are young and new since we're a (seemingly rightful) rebellion King anyway. So I pictured the ol' "Advisor leans in and tells you this thing".

I mean, it's not like he said it out loud that our client can hear him speaking.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 25, 2017, 09:51:04 am »

Now I wonder what had happened to the Hurthlings in the past...century of anarchy and stuff, post-Estwalf.
Haspen! May you answer that? :3 Or will we find out later?

That is stoopid question considering they're on the map V:

You agree to pay the dwarves. A contract is made, in two copies of course; one ends in your hands, the other the dwarves take with themselves.

"We should be done with our work within a month, King Yoe." They bow their bearded heads and leave.

1077 AD, Late Winter

The guards say that dwarves are back from their survey; the guards also say that there's an impatient diplomat hailing from Domain of Donuth, asking for a private audience.

A) I will talk to the dwarves first!
B) I will talk with the envoy first!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

S34N1C

• Bay Watcher
  • Joins too many games
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 25, 2017, 09:53:39 am »

A
As always, life is brief and transient, your posting history lasts forever, so always prioritise forum games.

Glory to United Forenia!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 25, 2017, 09:54:16 am »

B

Dwarves have the patience of stones. Envoys do not.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 25, 2017, 09:57:26 am »

Dwarfs, since we probably won't actually have to make any irreversible decisions for them, we'll just be getting information. I mean, if they come back and say, yeah, there's shit there that looks like valuable gems but in fact lay a curse on the kingdom that mines them, leading to a slow wasting death for those that mess with them, mayyyybe we'll wanta sell them to this envoy.

A

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 25, 2017, 10:04:54 am »

B. by the logic stated the dwarves should be willing to wait a little bit, meanwhile we have uptight diploprick.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 25, 2017, 10:09:18 am »

B

Hark, 'tis Dunkin of the House of Donuth! I'd recognize his disagreeable manner anywhere!

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 25, 2017, 10:14:37 am »

How impatient can he be? He traveled though a whole other kingdom to get here, he can wait 5 minutes.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 25, 2017, 11:04:14 am »

A

Just on the off chance B has something to do with the land, I'd rather be educated first.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 25, 2017, 11:05:11 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 25, 2017, 11:55:28 am »

You decide to speak with the dwarves first.

"Greetings, King of Yoe! We have tested the soil and rock of the south lands. They bear small amounts of sulphur, copper, coal and saltpetre. The soil is mildly fertile and naught a precious nor metal of crafts is to be found with great amounts there." You thank the dwarves and the Treasurer provides payment to the dwarves.

Your Advisor and Spymaster speak with you.

"My liege, saltpetre, sulphur and coal are few of the ingredients of the Fireblood." Says the Spymaster.

"It is however rare to find all three so close to each other. Clearly, the Felonsines and Ceodwells heard about this recently too, and are in such a great rush to have it."

"Felonsines have Blackhearts and thus is no surprise to see them try to procure ores of minerals they need for them, and I guess your father-in-law wishes to have his own Blackheart unit as well."

"Can we mine for these minerals and make our own Fireblood?"

"Aye, but we need to obtain the formula and the alchemists skilled in making it and someone to cast and operate the fearsome siege engines, first."

As for the southern land, you decide to...

A) Invest into mining of the ores and claim them all for yourself.
B) Sell the mining rights to your father-in-law, King of Ceodwell, and of course at a great price.
C) Sell the mining rights to your western neighbours, the Felonsines, hopefully at a great price.

As for the matter of Fireblood, Blackhearts and the related craft...

A) You will obtain them from the Felonsines, perhaps in a way of trade.
B) You will send spies and agents to buy, steal and procure the things in one way or another.
C) You won't be pursuing this new invention at the time.

//Remember, no split votes.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 1087