Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750180 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: King Yoe of Methiant!
« Reply #135 on: May 24, 2017, 11:20:47 am »

Honestly, I say give it to him looking at the map. It looks like he is just asking for the small blips of land just north and south of his present border with us. I'm not sure how much land we gave up to Salus Jr., but this deal will likely give our father-in-law and our son's father-in-law a shared border. If they are hostile, we can exploit hostilities along the border in the long run. If they are friendly to each other, we have the foundation of a great confederacy of kingdoms on our hands.

Also, I say we give up the south, and focus on the North. North has proven hostile to us, north is where we expand. No point pissing off kingdoms on two sides and risking a two front war.

C, although I wish we had an option to request non-cash payments like last time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 24, 2017, 11:22:53 am »

Hmm... 15 years isn't too shabby, I have to say. Add to that the way it'd create a border between Ceodwell and Lametania and we might be on the way to creating some beneficial border tensions!

C, let's be the best used country salesman we can be!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 24, 2017, 11:26:56 am »

C
I have never regretted sth so fast in my life

I don't think we've shit the hammock just yet.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 24, 2017, 11:30:20 am »

>tries to update
>people ninjapost him
>tries to update
>vote gets tied in meanwhile
>MFW V:<
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 24, 2017, 11:31:21 am »

Sure, I'll swap to C

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 24, 2017, 11:34:15 am »

We could theoretically just sell bits of the country to the highest bidder, use the massive amounts of gold generated to hire dwarves to build us a fortress on the silver mines, spend some decades perfecting our mining technologies and sorcerous abilities (get a Sorceress to help at some point), forming a new breed of corporate civilization under a similar ethos of vertical building and unfathomable greed that birthed the dwarves.

Well, either that or sell everything and retire comfortably in the Republic before anyone notices what we've done.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 24, 2017, 11:35:56 am »

A

But let's not forget our long term goal.  Destroying the Kiwi kingdom!

The nobles will not like us for this...

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 24, 2017, 11:37:11 am »

We could theoretically just sell bits of the country to the highest bidder, use the massive amounts of gold generated to hire dwarves to build us a fortress on the silver mines, spend some decades perfecting our mining technologies and sorcerous abilities (get a Sorceress to help at some point), forming a new breed of corporate civilization under a similar ethos of vertical building and unfathomable greed that birthed the dwarves.

Well, either that or sell everything and retire comfortably in the Republic before anyone notices what we've done.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2017, 11:37:43 am »

You send a reply to Aun; if he can get you more coin, you can part with the lands he wishes to obtain.

1077 AD, Midwinter

Two messengers arrive; one from King Aun of Ceodwell, and the other is from Queen Karkhuta of Felonsein. Ceodwellian is here to negotiate on terms of the land selling; while the envoy from Felonsein refuses to talk publicly about his goal.

The guards ask which one you want to talk with first.

A) Let's conduct ongoing business before starting another: Ceodwell!
B) Surely we might be onto some even better deal: Felonsein!
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: May 24, 2017, 11:38:43 am »

B

Sure, why not, always keep 'em waiting.
---

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 24, 2017, 11:39:06 am »

B. The queen is very important to us and as she is our ally we should focus on her!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 24, 2017, 11:39:40 am »

B

We've got the biggest lands, the best lands, people are lining up all the way up the block to buy them out from under us!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2017, 11:41:35 am »

I'd like to set up a triangular trade network between our two friends and us. With us having the biggest share. That money should be spent on a military so we can raid the north.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2017, 11:50:39 am »

The Felonsine envoy is let in.

"Greetings, oh noble, gracious and most shrewd King Yoe of Methiant! My mistress and liege, Queen Karkhuta, have heard that you wish to sell some small parcels of land in your south to the Ceodwells. While she has no detail of the Ceodwellian offer, in her wisdom and generosity she offers you something even better - a dozen of the fearsome Blackheart siege engines, for your own use, along with a team of expert operators." Courtiers murmur and gasp at this wondrous offer; Fireblood powder is rare, expensive and hard to get or produce, and even more so a properly assembled team of Blackhearts, the siege engines in question producing lots of smoke, thunderous roars, not to mention they smash fortifications with ease.

"Furthermore-"

*SLAM!*"

"Now what's this!?" Yells the Ceodwellian envoy who just barged into the throne room. "How dare you, King Yoe, conduct business over the lands that you wanted to sell to my master, King Aun!"

"Why is this Ceodwellian let in? Do you have no guards, King Methiant!" The Felonsine diplomat steps aside to dodge a Ceodwell's fist.

"This is an outcry! Dishonor! Shame upon you! Those are Ceodwellian lands by promise and by ancestry! Begone, Felonsine pig!"

"As if!" The westerner shouts back. "We offer fearsome siege engines and not just few tons of cheap low quality silver from the land of poverty that is Ceodwell!"

They descend into a shouting contest. You decide to...

A) Have the guards remove the Ceodwellian so you may continue negotiating with the Felonsein envoy.
B) Shush both envoys and try to sneakily wrangle out a confession out of them - something's valuable hidden under the southern dirt and you seem to be the only one not knowing.
C) Have the guards remove the Felonsine so you may conduct business with the Ceodwellian instead.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2017, 11:52:27 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2017, 11:51:36 am »

B
---
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 1087