Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745518 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12000 on: June 06, 2018, 04:00:52 am »

BA

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12001 on: June 06, 2018, 04:56:29 am »

A,A

although I'm a bit worried to even bring up edicts. Anytime it's there we have to best back the inane hordes of "Bill of rights" people, even though it only gives us happiness and is in no way need at all right now.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12002 on: June 06, 2018, 05:21:57 am »

Excuse me, inane hordes?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12003 on: June 06, 2018, 05:36:35 am »

Whoh, clearly he meant a fatuous swarm.

Also our economy seems to be doing pretty bad... Although we still have 4 econ of silver on the way from the east, right Haspen? But I think once we chew though that we'll be slowly bleeding out cash...  We'd better find some more foreign trade soon.

BA

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12004 on: June 06, 2018, 05:40:10 am »

BA
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12005 on: June 06, 2018, 05:44:42 am »

A, A
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Hotfire90

« Reply #12006 on: June 06, 2018, 05:45:14 am »

BA

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12007 on: June 06, 2018, 06:01:41 am »

If Bill of rights really does give us a happiness boost, then we can permanently increase our taxes to compensate, easing the economy issue.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12008 on: June 06, 2018, 06:15:02 am »

I kinda think it'd be fitting for the beloved Queen to be the one to introduce rights as well.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #12009 on: June 06, 2018, 07:59:17 am »

If Bill of rights really does give us a happiness boost, then we can permanently increase our taxes to compensate, easing the economy issue.

We are currently hitting our happiness cap. We can do that without incurring the massive risks and penalties that go along with a bill of rights.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12010 on: June 06, 2018, 08:24:54 am »

A B

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12011 on: June 06, 2018, 08:43:37 am »

BA.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12012 on: June 06, 2018, 09:19:34 am »

BA

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12013 on: June 06, 2018, 09:22:44 am »

Also our economy seems to be doing pretty bad... Although we still have 4 econ of silver on the way from the east, right Haspen? But I think once we chew though that we'll be slowly bleeding out cash...  We'd better find some more foreign trade soon.

We chose to go overboard on centennial celebrations and a royal wedding so that dip is not a surprise. My count is that Parsia is only paying tribute one more year – ten years' worth following the war in 1167.

Not including our super happy subjects shoving coin into our hands, I believe we should be breaking even after those payments end. (But I'm not 100% sure, I haven't gotten a good chance to compare my notes against the Scrolls since our trade deals got tumbled about.)

We are currently hitting our happiness cap. We can do that without incurring the massive risks and penalties that go along with a bill of rights.

Raised tax is known to hit happiness every year; our current happiness is the result of occasional good rolls on trading that do not happen reliably every year, and with the recent changes in our trade routes I'm not confident that I know the expected happiness value. A better plan would be to keep happiness so high that we get "voluntary" extra money regularly without changing tax rates.

Issue the Bill of Rights:
A standarized code of basic laws of the common peoples. Even if peasants will have nothing else left, they will always have their basic freedoms, helping ease their minds in times of emergency - and perhaps allow the spirit of liberty and humanism to blossom (for good or worse).

When I re-read the description for Bill of Rights, I'm not at all confident it is a happiness "boost." From the highlighted passage, it works to prevent happiness/authority loss during disasters but probably doesn't help regarding a government policy.

What the Bill of Rights should do is to open up quite a few more branches on our policy tree for social change, and we should consider it on those grounds if we want it. I'm not sure what "risks and penalties" you refer to or why you describe them as "massive." (For comparison, I was quite afraid that the settlement handout was going to screw us over but it's proven mild to date.)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2018, 09:26:34 am by mightymushroom »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12014 on: June 06, 2018, 09:53:00 am »

NO RIGHTS

(AA)
Pages: 1 ... 799 800 [801] 802 803 ... 1087