Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750162 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12330 on: June 19, 2018, 09:37:12 am »

aaaaa
bbbbbbbb

You decide to spend a month with Cyl and Cydwyllian court. During that period, of course, you're rather actively fulfilling marital responsobilities (and Cyl isn't slacking off either).

1178 AD, Mid-Autumn

You also mingle with the important noblemen at your husband's court. They come to see you as a smart and powerful woman, far from usual visage of 'baby-making doll' that is prevalent in Cydwyllian noble families. The more you socialize with them, the more they come to respect you.

Fortunately for both you and Cyl, neither Methiant nor Cydwyl required any real handling, and your journey home is uneventful.

At your arrival, you receive report from Tiftit Valley; due to damage done by the ravenous monster, this year's harvest will simply not happen.

1178 AD, Late Autumn

You receive a letter from your sister-in-law, Graine, who was married to the heir of Koi, remember that?

Turns out both the father and the boy died as a bout of feverish disease wracked the household. Graine hoped that she could rule the Duchy, what with being widow of the Duke's heir, but apparently Elran V is going to send her back to Methiant and install some Eldrican noble family as next Dukes of Koi.

A) Well, and what can I do about it? It's not my Duchy, you know!
B) I should write a letter to my Eldrican relative and plead to him on behalf of Graine.
C) Yess, all that we always needed. A pretext! Get me the Marshal!!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12331 on: June 19, 2018, 09:42:10 am »

I'd love to go C, but our army was at 5 last time we say the scrolls, and it got trashed by that monster since then.

Let's go with B. It can't make things worse surely?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12332 on: June 19, 2018, 09:46:26 am »

B
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12333 on: June 19, 2018, 09:55:18 am »

B

Hotfire90

« Reply #12334 on: June 19, 2018, 10:02:51 am »

B

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12335 on: June 19, 2018, 10:07:57 am »

B

He should consider it as a way to continue to shore up his relationship with us, we've accepted that he no longer owes us a huge debt (although did we ever actually get the cash promised to us???) but I'm pretty sure his country can't be considered that well liked in the east.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12336 on: June 19, 2018, 10:27:50 am »

You send him a letter on behalf of Graine

1178 AD, Winter

Silver, gold and gemstones arrive in the Treasury; glasswork is sent to Ysirene.

4to5

Then you receive a report from sales on spices, which took some time. Apparently, the coin acquired from your nobles in exchange for access to all the wondrous roots and flowers and leaves equaled that from gold bullion! Your merchants and advisors are sure that they can profit even more, especially that nobles praise your name for accepting such a fine deal.

Meanwhile, a reply from Elran V arrives, along with four wagons of silver. In the reply, he plainly writes that Graine neither has influence nor legal power to remain as sole holder of the title of Duchess, and he will be replacing her despite your request.

He also writes that he apologizes for the slowness in which the silver promise was fulfilled, but the caravan was attached to the letter. Your Treasurer does count up the coins and confirms that its exact amount.

A) But Graine is sister-in-law of Methiantese Empress! What does he mean she has no influence?
B) At least I have the money to comfort myself with. Time to tidy up Graine's quarters for her return.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12337 on: June 19, 2018, 10:29:37 am »

A
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12338 on: June 19, 2018, 10:34:51 am »

B

I'm willing to accept we can't force others to govern their country how we like.

But this is also sorta confirmation to me that the west is sorta shit and we certainly shouldn't help it in the future.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12339 on: June 19, 2018, 10:40:50 am »

Graine is Martial. International politics aside, I'd actually rather keep her home as a general for those sweet wartime +2s. Lets just marry her off to one of our military officers, and Be done it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 11:47:28 am by Weirdsound »

vastaghen12

• Bay Watcher
  • [BIOME_SUPPORT: ANY_COMPUTER:1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12340 on: June 19, 2018, 10:44:22 am »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12341 on: June 19, 2018, 10:49:50 am »

A reconsideration may be in order.

We would, eagerly after due consideration of risks, be willing to pledge Methiantese peacekeepers if Elran doesn't feel Graine is strong enough to hold the province on her own. With the mines dried up, it's not like there's anything special that he needs to worry about, now is there?

-----
Graine is Martial. International politics aside, I'd actually rather keep her home as a general for those sweet wartime +2s. Lets just marry her off to one of our military officers, and be done it.

Can we do that? I can't recall a choice for anyone else to lead the armies but a ruler's grown child. If you can convince me this is a thing I may change my vote.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12342 on: June 19, 2018, 11:07:24 am »

A reconsideration may be in order.

We would, eagerly after due consideration of risks, be willing to pledge Methiantese peacekeepers if Elran doesn't feel Graine is strong enough to hold the province on her own. With the mines dried up, it's not like there's anything special that he needs to worry about, now is there?

-----
Graine is Martial. International politics aside, I'd actually rather keep her home as a general for those sweet wartime +2s. Lets just marry her off to one of our military officers, and be done it.

Can we do that? I can't recall a choice for anyone else to lead the armies but a ruler's grown child. If you can convince me this is a thing I may change my vote.

That may be true, butI don't recall a moment, (at least in this game, I have not read the entirety of the first two Spamkingdoms), where we had a known Martial character who wasn't the grown child of the current leader to send.

I'm sure if we recall Graine home, and are careful to remind Haspen about her with our constant chatter, we will be allowed to send her to battle next time the need arises. If the four truckloads of silver max out our treasury this year, we could also summon the dwarves to make her an artifact weapon, which would surely be enough to make her into a defacto champion.

---

I don't like the idea of pushing Elran too hard. He is aligned with Rucus, who may still have the martial leader who killed Houlandin I, and our army has been diminished by war and megabeast. War with these guys could easily be the end of us.

Hotfire90

« Reply #12343 on: June 19, 2018, 11:34:26 am »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12344 on: June 19, 2018, 12:16:59 pm »

I don't like the idea of pushing Elran too hard. He is aligned with Rucus, who may still have the martial leader who killed Houlandin I, and our army has been diminished by war and megabeast. War with these guys could easily be the end of us.

I'm counting on Option A not mentioning war that things will not escalate that far over this one matter: Elran is still family, after all. I just don't think I like the idea of him picking up the bad habit of Eldrican rulers ignoring us in spite of our history of military cooperation and more royal marriages than any other country has had with Methiant. Let the diplomatic communiqués be exchanged.

If the four truckloads of silver max out our treasury this year, we could also summon the dwarves to make her an artifact weapon, which would surely be enough to make her into a defacto champion.

Or – and I will probably regret saying this – summoning a Sorceress to get a breeding mate for our flying horse?
(Who says magic is dying out of the world when we can equip an airborne cavalry?)
Pages: 1 ... 821 822 [823] 824 825 ... 1087