Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745549 times)

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Empress Ruberta I of Methiant!
« Reply #12480 on: June 24, 2018, 10:54:41 am »

A

Hotfire90

« Reply #12481 on: June 24, 2018, 11:01:03 am »

A

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #12482 on: June 24, 2018, 11:08:18 am »

A

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12483 on: June 24, 2018, 11:25:22 am »

You decide to attend the audiences.

It seems that a lot of noblemen have a lot to say about Cyl, his policies, and the policies of Cydwyl Kingdom. Nothing new, but you can't help but notice that, while charismatic, your husband is more compromising than assertive.

Finally, it comes to a situation when a nobleman - baron - named Erik Yerrinund speaks up about you.

"May I inquire, good king Cyl, why is Empress Ruberta here?" Silence befalls the throne room, as other noblemen, either shocked or attentive, listen to Erik.

"She is not Empress of Cydwyl! It's another encroachment upon Cydwyl and its way of living. She has no titles nor claims to any in Cydwyl. She shouldn't be here! What next, she will tell us how to adress you?"

"She is my wife, and therefore, can visit whenever she likes. She came to the throne room on my invitation." Yerrinund gives your husband a lazy eye, and you suspect that the nobleman might be a bit drunk.

Moments later, noblemen surround baron Yerrinund, half-shouting over him to try and tell him to leave, while your husband simply waits on his throne.

A) I should leave the audience room, its clear my presence isn't helping here.
B) How dare they question us like so? I shall adress those nobles and tell them what I think!
C) I'm sure Cyl has everything under control and will solve this situation. I will remain silent.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12484 on: June 24, 2018, 11:30:35 am »

C - The problem seems to be resolving itself

Hotfire90

« Reply #12485 on: June 24, 2018, 11:33:38 am »

C Everything is under control.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12486 on: June 24, 2018, 11:35:32 am »

C

But once Yerrinund is gone, we should make a point to thank and get the names of the good and loyal men who helped remove him.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #12487 on: June 24, 2018, 11:40:41 am »

Leaving would be giving in, speaking up would agitate supporters. Best to wait.

C
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12488 on: June 24, 2018, 11:51:19 am »

C- they won't dare do anything.
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12489 on: June 24, 2018, 11:55:39 am »

C

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12490 on: June 24, 2018, 11:56:12 am »

You remain silent.

Then, in a brief scuffle, you see Erik Yerrinund draw up what looks like a very short Deathtube - and he points it at you! In this moment you should cover for protection, but fear reigns supreme and nails you to the chair.

The blast of the shot rings in your ears as you feel the timber of your seat explode above your left ear. The crazy nobleman missed by a wide mark, and only your nerves have been strained. Before you regain view of the situation, some noblemen and Cyl's guards have Erik on the ground and beating him up. Others are covering behind columns and guards, shouting at each other or staring at the whole situation pretty much shocked.

Cyl takes you away for safety as other audiences are cancelled.

In the afternoon, Cyl visits you in your guestchamber (which was guarded by two dozen soldiers), and gives you a hug.

"Erik Yerrinund will be executed with haste at tomorrow morning. This was attempted regicide. I apologize for putting you in danger. Anything I can do to appease you?"

A) "Death of Erik's family would be nice!"
B) "Nothing."
C) "A shiny trinket would do!"
D) "An oath of loyalty from your noblemen."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12491 on: June 24, 2018, 12:01:05 pm »

C

An oath is tempting, but I feel like it would actually be a step backwards. We literally did nothing but sit in a chair at our husband's express invitation. Why give zealots the satisfaction of saying that we want anything else? We're in biding time mode, now.

Lucus Casius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12492 on: June 24, 2018, 12:03:04 pm »

B.  I AM tempted to demand D, but it probably pushes things too much.  C's probably irrelevant, and A... Well, if reprisals from his family are possible, it might be a good idea?  But overall, seems kinda pointless.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12493 on: June 24, 2018, 12:03:50 pm »

How about we ask him to raise his step-daughter Rinilda in Cydwyl, and marry her off to his nobility when she comes of age in a few years? Nothing like marrying into an Empresses blood to get a bunch of troublemaking nobles to accept an Empress.

Otherwise, B.

Hotfire90

« Reply #12494 on: June 24, 2018, 12:35:35 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 831 832 [833] 834 835 ... 1087