Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745497 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Yoe IV of Methiant!
« Reply #13951 on: August 15, 2018, 11:06:50 am »

A

The real power in Methiant is the army and the Emperor. As long as those things are fine, Methiant will be fine.

That said, our uncle Deethan might be cowardly enough for his Damdamian wife and father in law to bully him into acting as a Damdamian agent. I don't care much about the rest of the nobility, but I'd rather not have that bullshit in House Yoe.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #13952 on: August 15, 2018, 11:10:35 am »

>Everyone being shocked that unhappy, disloyal soldiers got upset at us being traitorous to Parsia, ostensibly a state we protect

Really?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13953 on: August 15, 2018, 11:21:06 am »

>Everyone being shocked that unhappy, disloyal soldiers got upset at us being traitorous to Parsia, ostensibly a state we protect

Really?
why would they have any attachment to parsia? Most peasants never have even steeped a single foot outside methiant?. That’s the same as Napoleon soldiers rebelling after he betrayed Spain which Guess what that never actually happened why surprisingly they felt more loyalty to their homeland than any foreign country.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:28:41 am by Basil ii »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #13954 on: August 15, 2018, 11:23:37 am »

Can we say A but ask them to focus? first army and then the noblemen?

changed

B
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:51:30 am by omada »
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13955 on: August 15, 2018, 11:27:42 am »

well, now we have a second target after we conquer Persia

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13956 on: August 15, 2018, 11:31:19 am »

B

I think after two purges and rolling a 7 for loyalty speech to the army we should be safe on that front for a while (I wonder if it'll improve overall Authority too); focused attention probably means a better chance to find turncoats among the nobles.

-----

It was never about attachment to Parsia: it was about Yoe IV, who already has credibility issues, making a 100% policy reversal in the field after declaring war against Sim invaders last month. (Also it now appears Ysirene agents seized on this occasion when we can imagine more than a few among the ranks wondering just what the hell Yoe's going to order next; it's unclear whether they would have such an opening if overall contentedness were not so low.)

(Edit: someone paying with Ysirene money, I mean. Classic cover-up to not use your own nation's currency for bribes.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 11:42:13 am by mightymushroom »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13957 on: August 15, 2018, 11:37:22 am »

Can we say A but ask them to focus? first army and then the noblemen?
i think we dealt with the majority of the traitors in the army and if this the spies greatest infiltration this far I am not impressed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 04:37:22 am by Basil ii »

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13958 on: August 15, 2018, 11:40:07 am »

i am betting that the republic is supporting ysirene in this regardless one more target.

[but maybe it is just the republic hiding it’s involvement by using ysirene currency instead of  using their currency to encourage another invasion to drain up our resources until they invade thanks for the suggestion mushroom]
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 12:02:02 pm by Basil ii »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13959 on: August 15, 2018, 12:05:21 pm »

i am betting that the republic is supporting ysirene in this regardless one more target.

[but maybe it is just the republic hiding it’s involvement by using ysirene currency instead of  using their currency to encourage another invasion to drain up our resources until they invade thanks for the suggestion mushroom]

Yeah. Didn't the Republic help Ysirene out in their war against Sim during the time skip between Ruberta and Yoe IV? Ysirene might owe them one. The thought of a strong Sim/Methiant alliance must scare the Eastern Damdamian states shitless.

Hotfire90

« Reply #13960 on: August 15, 2018, 12:18:19 pm »

Yeah. Didn't the Republic help Ysirene out in their war against Sim during the time skip between Ruberta and Yoe IV? Ysirene might owe them one. The thought of a strong Sim/Methiant alliance must scare the Eastern Damdamian states shitless.
Damedia helped Ysirene in their war, as far as we know the Republic didn't help them at all.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13961 on: August 15, 2018, 12:26:11 pm »

Reason #23 to Invade the Republic of Damdamia: We need to rename it so we quit confusing it with Damedia.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13962 on: August 15, 2018, 12:27:35 pm »

We've been trading glasswares to Ysirene for the last 20-plus years, we should be on quite good terms relative to the other southern states.

Now Sim obviously is not friendly with Ysirene, and we've just proven how well we value Sim's friendship; but I don't think Ysirene would be pre-emptively seeding moles in the army unless it's part of the whole "no one really trusts Methiant" vibe that Haspen keeps talking about. So I actually doubt it's their idea.

Basil ii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13963 on: August 15, 2018, 01:12:23 pm »

We've been trading glasswares to Ysirene for the last 20-plus years, we should be on quite good terms relative to the other southern states.

Now Sim obviously is not friendly with Ysirene, and we've just proven how well we value Sim's friendship; but I don't think Ysirene would be pre-emptively seeding moles in the army unless it's part of the whole "no one really trusts Methiant" vibe that Haspen keeps talking about. So I actually doubt it's their idea.
Let’s keep a open mind about ysirene until it’s confirmed which side they are on I suspect that this is a ploy of the republic but until it confirmed I won’t trust them.

About the republic due to our alliance with Sims new empire we should have solved our manpower problem they are still a strong enemy but not overwhelmingly powerful one as before.

Also  I want to propose a marriage alliance with sim to further solidify our bonds preferably we are going to be sending of our unmarried sister or in the future our daughter to preferably the crown prince of sim.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2018, 01:21:03 pm by Basil ii »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #13964 on: August 15, 2018, 01:50:21 pm »

I would be more likely to vote A if we didn't have to call the guy an idiot. :/

In any case, B. I doubt there is much left to find in the military.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.
Pages: 1 ... 929 930 [931] 932 933 ... 1087