Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 745482 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15735 on: February 11, 2019, 01:55:36 pm »

B

Lets hear them out. Depending on what land they want, and what they are offering in return, it could be a good deal.

Hotfire90

« Reply #15736 on: February 11, 2019, 01:57:56 pm »

B

dragonblaze007

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15737 on: February 11, 2019, 02:09:21 pm »

B No point in not hearing them out. And dwarves will be helpful if we help them.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15738 on: February 11, 2019, 02:44:29 pm »

B

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15739 on: February 11, 2019, 02:51:18 pm »

B  We might be able to negotiate some taxes out of them, "lease" the land instead of selling it.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15740 on: February 11, 2019, 02:53:08 pm »

B  We might be able to negotiate some taxes out of them, "lease" the land instead of selling it.

That might be tough. Dwarves like their money. We'd be better off asking for a Military Alliance. Damdamians don't like Dwarves, and they don't like us.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15741 on: February 11, 2019, 03:05:16 pm »

B
I feel like these personages are too important to dismiss with a hand wave.
I'm also skeptical of what they're likely to offer.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15742 on: February 11, 2019, 03:12:53 pm »

You decide to meet with the dwarven overseers.

The duo, wearing gold, purple and white, walk in the front of the lengthy procession of dwarves. They wear square hats adorned with ropes of silvery beads hanging down like curtains. They have thick beards, definitely dyed pitch-black, or otherwise oiled - no beard shines as much as Am's and Dobar's. Their guards and servants are plainly covered, the former in plate armor and the latter in softly-toned clothes and cloaks.

The one of the two Overseers, the slightly smaller and thinnier one, steps forward.

"Greetings, Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl. I am Dobar. This is my colleague, Am." Am bows his head slightly. "We're here on behest of High King Varsaalath Katinarag, who wishes to see the might of Dwarven people spread further east, for we've heard that untapped mountains and unclaimed lands lie in that direction, with peoples of savagery and wealth that our King would like to get his beard on."

"Therefore," Am interjects,"High King Katinarag wishes to purchase some land in east of Methiant-Cydwyl. The area in question lies at the end of Tiftit Valley, the slopes of the mountains nearby rolling down toward the inhospitable, sandy deserts of Waterless Plains. Our prospectors and stonemasters already visited the area, and has decreed that the rockbed is good enough to support extensive mining and tunneling."

"As for the price," Now Dobar speaks again, "High King Kathinarag is willing to forego the current loan you have to repay to our bankers. Furthermore, he is ready to pay you in gold and silver, equal to what your gemstone mines produce in span of two years*. The payments would carry on for next thirty years, and would be delivered by dwarven caravans from Zasitost."

Am hides his palms in the sleeves of his robes before adding: "We've for long time experienced stubborness and brashness of Yoean dynasts, and while we have been given a leeway to negotiate with you on the purchase price, we propose that you accept the deal as is. It will be easier on all of us."

A) "No no no, a good trader never parts with his goodies without some barter beforehand. Let's negotiate!"
B) "First of all, you will tell me how some nondescript, barely inhabited lands on outskirts of fertile valley are worth so much."
C) "Fine, I accept the deal as is. Always a pleasure doing business with High King Katinarag and his envoys!"
D) "This deal is insulting to me, for I'm not a cheapskate selling away my domain parcel by parcel. Away with you!"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:17:06 pm by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #15743 on: February 11, 2019, 03:28:09 pm »

A

We do have a Charisma bonus from the blessing the spirit dude gave us

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15744 on: February 11, 2019, 03:29:28 pm »

D

2 Econ a year for 30 years? I'm sure we could do better, and I'm sure the Dwarves found something incredibly valuable under those hills, but I don't want to risk such a solid payment. If I recall correctly, even though we have CHA, dwarves are not the easiest of people to negotiate with.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 03:39:05 pm by Weirdsound »

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15745 on: February 11, 2019, 03:31:45 pm »

B first let's make this wise check to see if there is something fishy about this (besides dwarves doing prospector work in our lands without asking for permission), I see that they are willing to trade with rosamana, and they are probably creating extensive tunnels below our cities

then we take of the amulet of persuasion and negotiate, It doesn't need to be exactly money, just use the chance to make an extra addendun where both accept a secret alliance to protect each other against nations which religious authority is xenophobic like those damdamians

or a joint venture against those damdamians with promises of letting them building another fortress south on a pre-determined region or access to the orcworld
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Hotfire90

« Reply #15746 on: February 11, 2019, 03:36:35 pm »

B Their offer is generous, too generous.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15747 on: February 11, 2019, 03:38:44 pm »

B first let's make this wise check to see if there is something fishy about this (besides dwarves doing prospector work in our lands without asking for permission), I see that they are willing to trade with rosamana, and they are probably creating extensive tunnels below our cities

then we take of the amulet of persuasion and negotiate, It doesn't need to be exactly money, just use the chance to make an extra addendun where both accept a secret alliance to protect each other against nations which religious authority is xenophobic like those damdamians

or a joint venture against those damdamians with promises of letting them building another fortress south on a pre-determined region or access to the orcworld

The way B is worded, I think it is more a CHA check against stuborn dwarves than it is a WIS check. I'd rather not offend them.

I'll switch to A though, with the understanding that we are bartering for military cooperation or a joint venture into Orc World rather than more money. Either one of those things benefit the dwarves as well, so we should get a bonus for good terms.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15748 on: February 11, 2019, 03:52:41 pm »

B

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #15749 on: February 11, 2019, 04:15:41 pm »

B
Pages: 1 ... 1048 1049 [1050] 1051 1052 ... 1087