Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How fun is SPAMKINGDOM series?

Mind-bogglingly popular game series that you follow from early on and cannot stop, waiting for new installment like a drooling addict.
Long-runner soap opera you're too invested into to just stop watching it.
A fun little comic strip in the daily newspaper that's been around forever.
3/6
Who said it's fun? I didn't for sure.
I'm just waiting here for it to die horribly already so it will stop showing on my Unread Posts list.

Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1087

Author Topic: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin IV of Methiant-Cydwyl!  (Read 750178 times)

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: SPAMKINGDOM#: Emperor Houlandin III of Methiant-Cydwyl!
« Reply #15900 on: March 06, 2019, 05:39:00 pm »

B. He's withdrawing orderly but unless we've been badly misled by our scouts that army down there is all there is in this area. We should press our advantage while we've got it rather than let them regroup with the rest of the crusaders and outclass us again.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15901 on: March 06, 2019, 06:02:02 pm »

B

Sounds like we swarmed over pretty much all their cavalry, without really committing ours. Perfect.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15902 on: March 06, 2019, 06:09:38 pm »

B

Sounds like we swarmed over pretty much all their cavalry, without really committing ours. Perfect.

Indeed. Our riders probably get sacrificed here and now though, taking the brunt of the crusader counterattack until our foot-soldiers catch up. Small price to pay if we can end their main army though.

melkor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15903 on: March 07, 2019, 12:38:15 pm »

B
Quote from: Robocorn
what do postdwarvenists do with goblins?

Quote from: Andreus
We slaughter them by the thousands.
But... you know, we do it ironically.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15904 on: March 07, 2019, 12:45:11 pm »

B

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #15905 on: March 07, 2019, 03:13:25 pm »

B
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15906 on: March 07, 2019, 10:59:02 pm »

Our riders are rested and can harass then while our troop move, while in eval let's use the chance to make a peasant's mobilization for freedom and revenge B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15907 on: March 07, 2019, 11:37:57 pm »

Our riders are rested and can harass then while our troop move, while in eval let's use the chance to make a peasant's mobilization for freedom and revenge B

We have to be real careful about riling up the peasants of Eval. They might want to counter-invade Rucus/Lamentia, which would drag in Eldrican, and leave us fighting a two front war with a depleted army.

Right now I think we need to drive the crusaders out, and hope to find some sort of short term peace deal/armistice. I see no means by which we can go on the offensive without fighting half our neighbors.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15908 on: March 07, 2019, 11:46:31 pm »

B An orderly retreat can quickly become a panicked one.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15909 on: March 08, 2019, 09:19:32 am »

Right now I think we need to drive the crusaders out, and hope to find some sort of short term peace deal/armistice. I see no means by which we can go on the offensive without fighting half our neighbors.

Our history negotiating with the zealots doesn't give us much reason to expect good outcomes, from our point of view – like us, they tend to want what they want and not sign unless they get it. I'm half minded to give them the diplomatic silent treatment: think about it, these nations from the south just backed a big Crusade, sent their elite soldiers under an elite commander, and then those guys never come back. We may have a psychological edge to exploit. We shouldn't act as if we're scared, what if instead we leave the Crusade open and hanging there, daring them to try again with their second best?

As you say, there's no good path for us offensively, so our army should keep renewing itself. I believe Haspen, probably in the lore thread, said that the dwarves had taught the Damdamians to "respect the beard," and in this thread we heard that the presumed enemies now cooperate on vaulting. If our victorious rolls continue in this campaign, this our chance to do the same.

(And yes, the counter argument is that it could backfire and they send a 100K mob thirsty for revenge. I only said half minded, we've got to see some concrete numbers on our forces first.)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #15910 on: March 08, 2019, 05:35:33 pm »

You send the army's horsemen to pursue the fleeing infantry!

2*

But it was a feint! The enemy's first line turned around to mount spears and pikes against the ground, letting their fellows run behind them. Then the bombardment started; the Damdamian artillery, silent so far - fact which has escaped your attention - had more than enough time to prepare the powder cakes and load the heavy iron balls. Horses and men scream and the Methiantese eagles on your officers' shirts disappear in smoke and bodies. Before ever you can order a retreat of the cavalry, your horsemen turn around and flee toward the hills.

A) The infantry will follow-up, we can break through the pike wall!
B) We have height advantange! We can counter-bombard them, yeah!
C) Well, it was worth a try. Let's catch some Z's now?
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15911 on: March 08, 2019, 05:38:44 pm »

B

Hotfire90

« Reply #15912 on: March 08, 2019, 05:43:37 pm »

B

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15913 on: March 08, 2019, 06:23:33 pm »

the Damdamian artillery, silent so far - fact which has escaped your attention - had more than enough time to prepare the powder cakes and load the heavy iron balls.

I had a thing written out where I worried about a trap and mentioned that we hadn't touched their artillery . . . but I was voting to charge anyway, so I backspaced.

B

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #15914 on: March 08, 2019, 07:32:58 pm »

-Content devoured by the great duck-

Even that we aren't supposed to invade and survive we should write yet some kind of letter saying that "We DEMAND compensation, be creative" this way we can at least weaken then enough and make easier for the Sim to attack

or just roll then on negotiations long enough for our allies to have a chance to arrive and then we get numbers enough to defend against a possible second offensive

I am pretty sure that eldrican is marching right now

B
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.
Pages: 1 ... 1059 1060 [1061] 1062 1063 ... 1087