Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34

Author Topic: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May  (Read 39407 times)

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
Re: UK Snap Election Thread - Darth May
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2017, 09:36:13 pm »

He revoked their "b" and "u" after they got hammered in the last general election. Joke was that they were so crippled they didn't even have all their letters left.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 08, 2017, 09:36:30 pm »

They became Laor back when David "Midnight Squeal" Cameron was PM, as a punishment for their failures. As an American, I already had deprived them of their "u".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 08, 2017, 09:37:43 pm »

Tories lost their third seat of the night to LibDems (Eastbourne).

Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 08, 2017, 09:38:09 pm »

Ah, I see.

It bothers me to the point of feeling betrayed that Scotland has elected more Tory MPs this year than they have in the last 20 years combined.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 08, 2017, 09:39:31 pm »

Scottish Conservative was probably giving it their all (as was Scottish Laor and Scottish LibDem), since if SNP had taken all those seats and held them it would just be the end for their parties. SNP, Green, and SSP would have become the new normal.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 08, 2017, 09:40:24 pm »

Ah, I see.

It bothers me to the point of feeling betrayed that Scotland has elected more Tory MPs this year than they have in the last 20 years combined.
Yeah, but in most of those constituencies, it was largely a 3-way race. No Tory has gotten 50%+ in Scotland so far.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 08, 2017, 09:41:44 pm »

Speaking of dead parties, UKIP's challenge in Boston & Skegness has failed miserably, not even reaching 10% and coming in behind Laor.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 08, 2017, 09:43:30 pm »

At least with Farage there, they were entertaining racist gits.
Without him, they're just boring racist gits.

Now the bloodletting is really beginning for the Tories. LibDems stole their *fourth* seat of the night (Kingston & Surbiton), while Labour has snatched a total of 16 from their posh hands. If it weren't for the inroads they've made in Scotland, Corbyn would already be on his way to Westminster.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:46:05 pm by RedKing »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 08, 2017, 09:44:14 pm »

LibDem Leader Tim Farron holds on to his district by a margin of 1.5%. Talk about playing it down to the wire, man. Also, 4th place in his district goes to "Mr Fishfinger" with 309 votes.
No Gods, No Masters.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 08, 2017, 09:45:15 pm »

Conservatives are now blowing the BBCs revised projection of their losses, their re-re-revised was losing 8 seats, they're now at -9 on BBC and -10 on The Guardian.

LibDem Leader Tim Farron holds on to his district by a margin of 1.5%. Talk about playing it down to the wire, man. Also, 4th place in his district goes to "Mr Fishfinger" with 309 votes.

Theresa May had a "Lord Buckethead" in her district.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 08, 2017, 09:47:00 pm »

I want the SNP to hit 30 so I can go to bed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 08, 2017, 09:48:42 pm »

Conservatives are now blowing the BBCs revised projection of their losses, their re-re-revised was losing 8 seats, they're now at -9 on BBC and -10 on The Guardian.

I would totally vote for Buckethead. Have you heard that guy play?

LibDems take Caithness back from SNP (iirc, the isles were sort of a LibDem haven before the SNP's wave last time?).
« Last Edit: June 08, 2017, 09:50:30 pm by RedKing »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 08, 2017, 09:52:51 pm »

I would totally vote for Buckethead. Have you heard that guy play?

LibDems take Caithness back from SNP (iirc, the isles were sort of a LibDem haven before the SNP's wave last time?).

Not that buckethead, this Lord Buckethead. He's kind of the British version of Vermin Supreme.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 08, 2017, 10:00:32 pm »

Eh, weaksauce. I miss Screaming Lord Sutch, and I wasn't even around for him.
No Gods, No Masters.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 08, 2017, 10:01:54 pm »

Would also vote for that guy. Especially if the alternative was Theresa May.

Labour at +23 on the night so far.
SNP at -14, as they lose Berwick, Roxburgh and Selkirk to the Tories.

I this point, I have to wonder if Nicola Sturgeon steps down. Perhaps after donning Forrest Whitaker's armor and limping out to gasp "Save the rebellion, save the dream"....

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 34