Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Divinity (IC Thread) - Summer, Year 1  (Read 8597 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Divinity (IC Thread) - Summer, Year 1
« Reply #60 on: June 27, 2017, 11:06:19 am »

((Not gone yet, though I'm stuck using a rather old laptop now.))

"The plant is called corn. I could possibly create some seed for you, but it would be very draining for me. Before I resort to that, I will first attempt to locate some of the plants in the wild so that I may guide you to them."

Endion uses the pool, attempting to find wild corn plants within two hexes of the Zekki Zakki. If that's successful, he displays an aerial view from above the area in the fire to guide the Zekki Zakki to the corn. If he can't find any corn, he instead creates some seed corn kernels for the Zekki Zakki, trying to leave enough of his power that he may speak once or twice more in the season.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2017, 11:22:52 am »

"Well i just hope that they will figure out how to cut wood on their own"
Goes to rest for the rest of the season
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2017, 04:15:25 pm »

Pellapnia is happy with their progress, but they are forgetting something. No matter. She begins to weave another dream at her loom of the mind...

You awaken in your tent. The sky outside is a starry night, but you feel as rested and refreshed as if you had slept to the morning. You stand and leave the tent, seeing the camp is empty except for you - a dream of some sort? However, you are struck with sudden inspiration, and hurry off to the supply tents immediately...

Many minutes later, you have created what you saw in your mind's eye - a mat, made from four squares of leather and stuffed with the wool of the Sheep. It fits one person, but could easily be modified to accommodate two. And, despite the slight roughness of the leather, it provides a very soft and comfortable place on which to sit, recline, or sleep. You feel this would greatly benefit the community nap, as the current situation requires its participants to use the ground instead.

Suddenly, you feel very tired, and you lie down on one of your stuffed mats, quickly falling asleep.

Pellapnia takes this dream and bestows it upon the village's most skilled tailor as they sleep that night.
Your mastery of dreams is unmatched. Each aspect of a dream, you know, is not unlike a cloth. Intricate threads must be pulled and placed in exactly the right location to weave a true masterpiece. You spend hours carefully constructing your vision, and once you are content with the product, you push it down upon one of your crafters, a young man who specializes in the weaving of baskets.

You awaken in your tent. The sky outside is a starry night, but you feel as rested and refreshed as if you had slept to the morning. You stand and leave the tent, seeing the camp is empty except for you - a dream of some sort? However, you are struck with sudden inspiration, and hurry off to the supply tents immediately...

Many minutes later, you have created what you saw in your mind's eye - a mat, made from four squares of leather and stuffed with the wool of the Sheep. It fits one person, but could easily be modified to accommodate two. And, despite the slight roughness of the leather, it provides a very soft and comfortable place on which to sit, recline, or sleep. You feel this would greatly benefit the community nap, as the current situation requires its participants to use the ground instead.

Suddenly, you feel very tired, and you lie down on one of your stuffed mats, quickly falling asleep.

*roll*
He awakes with a start, and instantly recognizes that such a vivid dream could not have been the creation of his own mind, but rather a carefully crafted guide by The Dreamweaver to guide him toward his purpose. He breaks into a full sprint, eager to please his god.

After a short time, the first rough mattress has been created. Four pieces of leather, stuffed with wool, and roughly stitched closed with the animal tendon they use as twine. He sits down on it, and is surprised with just how comfy it is. He runs off to speak to the elder about his new creation.

Though you noticed your power drain, it was by an overly inconsequential amount. You feel more than strong enough to continue to act this season.

((Not gone yet, though I'm stuck using a rather old laptop now.))

"The plant is called corn. I could possibly create some seed for you, but it would be very draining for me. Before I resort to that, I will first attempt to locate some of the plants in the wild so that I may guide you to them."

Endion uses the pool, attempting to find wild corn plants within two hexes of the Zekki Zakki. If that's successful, he displays an aerial view from above the area in the fire to guide the Zekki Zakki to the corn. If he can't find any corn, he instead creates some seed corn kernels for the Zekki Zakki, trying to leave enough of his power that he may speak once or twice more in the season.

*roll*
You carefully search the wilds around your tribe, and are very pleased to find several corn plants growing in the fields to the west. These ones seem to have mutated slightly, with larger cobs growing atop the stalks, leading to extra yield per plant. You quickly redirect your energy to the fire, causing it to now depict a field in which five cobs of the grain grow. The illusion shifts, showing an arrow pointing at a setting sun to depict to them a direction to follow.

The shaman quickly catches on, and sends two men and a women to gather supplies for a short trek. They head out west, and after a few hours of walking, find the corn. They carefully harvest each plant, using a dull axe head to dig underneath each stalk. They do this because they believe this soil is what allowed them to grow, but you understand that they have accidentally stumbled upon a way to kick start their agriculture; by taking the plants roots and all, they will be able to begin harvesting and growing their fields much faster. The party sets off back towards town, two of them carrying the basket holding the five corn plants between them.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2017, 06:14:12 pm »

see what hardy plants are in the area that my foragers frequent, my domain of winter might be useful there.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 11:26:46 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 28, 2017, 01:06:00 am »

see what hardy plants are in the area that my foragers frequent, my domain of winter might be useful there.
You begin to examine the mountains and fields that your tribe roam to in pursuit of food, searching for any particularly hardy plant life which you could properly infuse.

*roll*
Only two species catch your eye.

The first is a small stem tuber you find in the fields to the east. This tuber stores nutrients throughout the spring, summer, and autumn so that it can survive even the coldest of winters. The tuber also serves as its reproduction method, with new plant stems growing out of it every few millimeters. The species as it currently is would perhaps be too small to be a viable product for agriculture, however. You deem this species "Native potato".
The second is a legume, which you find in the foothills just before the mountains to your north. Much like the Native Potato, it stores nutrients for the winter in very small tubers underground. Fortunately, these tubers can number in the hundreds per plant. The species as it currently is would probably be too small for viable, tribe-feeding harvests. You deem this species "Peanut".

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 29, 2017, 01:20:12 pm »

lets see if we can inspire the potatoes to grow more sizable and propogate faster.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 29, 2017, 01:42:16 pm »

((why do i think that i am doning the least complex actions))
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 29, 2017, 02:08:56 pm »

That hunting expedition has inpired me. Look for beasts suitable for riding or load carrying. I want to impress my people with a bit of a show, though, so look farther afield,
for creatures rarely seen by the Giha.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 02, 2017, 09:03:56 pm »

lets see if we can inspire the potatoes to grow more sizable and propogate faster.
Searching for an improved version of the Native Potato you found, you begin to tinker with the very cells of the plant.

After hours of work, you have achieve your desired mutations. The plant now stores twice as many nutrients for the winter, causing the plant's tuber to be almost twice the size of its predecessor. You also made them begin to sprout new plants earlier in the year, leading to several more generations of the plant being produced every season. You deem this plant "Potato".

Modifying something on a cellular level to such a degree, even a small one like the Native Potato, leaves you feeling quite drained.

That hunting expedition has inpired me. Look for beasts suitable for riding or load carrying. I want to impress my people with a bit of a show, though, so look farther afield,
for creatures rarely seen by the Giha.

You search the lands which the Giha rarely if ever travel to in search of mounts and beasts of burden for your tribe, and find two species of interest.

Along the northern most edges of the forrest bordering your village, you find a species of small, four legged, hoofed animals. These creatures, you realize, could bear small loads and smaller riders. They are not very fast creatures, and it seems they are being selected against in this environment. You deem this species "Pony".

Within the plains east of the aforementioned forrest, you find a fine prospect for pack/riding beasts. Like the Pony, they are four-legged and hoofed. Unlike the Pony however, they are large, powerful and fast. These creatures, by your calculations, are about sixty to seventy percent muscle, allowing them to cover vast distances or carry large loads. You deem this creature "Horse".

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 02, 2017, 09:32:25 pm »

Commune with the elder, and tell him about the potatos and how to grow/transplant them. At the very least it will raise the rate that they can get food.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 13, 2017, 10:17:42 am »

Commune with the elder, and tell him about the potatos and how to grow/transplant them. At the very least it will raise the rate that they can get food.
You again reach out to the elder as he sleeps, playing out in his mind a vivid vision of him walking due east and finding your creation. Your voice now pierces the illusion, telling him that this crop can be planted, cut, and replanted to provide a sustainable food source for his tribe. You explain to him that this will allow them to more quickly gather the food they need to survive.

The Elder, shook by your vision, sits up hastily from his dream.
*roll*

He quickly runs to grab a herbalist and two of your better warriors. They are sent east in search of the potato.

The drain from implanting this vision was very small.

Meanwhile
Winds of change have embraced the Giha. Laganom's champion was caught in the act of murdering the village chief, and when questioned, claimed it was all their god's will. Whispers now permeate the village: "can we truly trust Laganom?" In this turmoil, new God's have begun to take hold of the villager's minds.

Within the Throne of The World, Laganom's image begins to shimmer and dim, and the mist that permeates the heavens seems to begin concentrating into a material form.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2017, 10:28:57 am »

time to rest and watch for a bit.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 13, 2017, 12:28:57 pm »

Begin existing.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 13, 2017, 12:31:36 pm »

Begin existing.
((Almost There :P, you'll be free to act at the start of the next season))

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 13, 2017, 12:33:49 pm »

Begin existing.
((Almost There :P, you'll be free to act at the start of the next season))
((It was worth a try.))
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6