Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33

Author Topic: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)  (Read 55508 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Disasteroid [IC] (Mission 2)
« Reply #375 on: August 23, 2017, 04:01:54 pm »

Keep taking cover. Examine the guy whose arm just got shot, how urgently does he need medical attention?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 23, 2017, 05:21:16 pm »

time to reposition! Get out of the sand, then run for it till I find some cover.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 24, 2017, 05:04:15 am »

Keep cover
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 24, 2017, 03:53:42 pm »

If both goons are downed, it should be easy to simply spray fire at them until they die- I am firing from above, after all. With that said, spray fire onto the two downed goons.

[Mechanics: 10-2]

You finally manage to get your drone under control. Locking your sights onto the two goons rolling around on the ground, you open fire.

[-1 Burst]

The head of the first goon explodes in gore, as the second is riddled with gunfire, body spasming until he suddenly drops to the ground. Damn. For a thing the size of a grapefruit, this drone sure is powerful.

Run up closer to the goons, turn my adaptive rod into a long sharp blade, slice at the goon that is standing up.

[Alien Weapons: 4+1]
[Goon, Dexterity: 10+?]

You run in towards the goon, screaming as you lift the alien metal above your head as it turns into a wicked-sharp blade! As you move to strike, the goon quickly sidesteps you and sinks his hand into your gut, causing you to drop the rod! As it falls to the ground, it quickly reverts to it's previous form.

[Endurance: 4]

You slide down to your knees, completely winded from the blow!

Keep taking cover. Examine the guy whose arm just got shot, how urgently does he need medical attention?

[Insight: 1]

Lets be honest here, you have absolutely no clue where the hell Doc actually is. The only thing that you can see is the barrel of his gun, and some of the sand shifting slightly.

time to reposition! Get out of the sand, then run for it till I find some cover.

[Strength: 3+1]

Well, uh, it looks like you're really stuck in this sand here. As you squirm and struggle, you realize that the weight of the sand is too great for you to be able to get out!

Keep cover

You stay behind the door, and try to ignore INVICTUS pressing himself uncomfortably up against your body.

Quote from: Auto-piecewise
Stay in cover. Make myself very small

You squish yourself uncomfortably up against Ivan. Why are you doing this? Who knows.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 24, 2017, 04:00:19 pm »

Shoot the guy abusing Rautherdir with the drone.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 24, 2017, 04:03:03 pm »

the hell am I, a mouse? Stand up, shake the damn sand off, fire and reposition!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 24, 2017, 04:35:06 pm »

Grab the adaptive rod and just swing it at the goon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 24, 2017, 06:27:56 pm »

Keep looking, I guess.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 25, 2017, 02:44:01 pm »

Shoot the guy abusing Rautherdir with the drone.

[Mechanics: 1-2]

You turn the drone to point at the final goon, and hit the fire button! You squint to see the results. Oddly enough, the goon seems perfectly fine. August, on the other hand, appears to have grown several new bullet-shaped orifices.

[-1 burst]

And then, for some reason, the goon slumps over and falls on her. Huh.

the hell am I, a mouse? Stand up, shake the damn sand off, fire and reposition!

[Strength: 4+1]

With a great burst of strength, you manage to pull yourself up out of the sand!

Well, your upper half. Your upper half is pulled out of the sand. This is some weird sand, man. In any case, you try to shoot the remaining goon with your good arm.

[Conventional Weapons: 10]

The goon slumps over! Huzzah! He falls over directly on August! Less huzzah!

[-2s Ammo]

Grab the adaptive rod and just swing it at the goon

You dive to the ground, grabbing the rod! However, when you move to strike the goon, you hear a very strange whining sound.

[Endurance: 6]

Your arms explode in a shower of pain and blood! As you scream, you don't even notice the towering form of the goon stumble, and fall directly on top of you.

[Endurance: 1]

You pass out!

Keep looking, I guess.

You keep looking, and then Doc's upper body bursts out of the sand dune like a... uh...

...like a beached whale, really.

[Medicine: 7+1]

You look over at his shot arm. You see blood seeping out of the suit and the sand. Looks like a bullet wound.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 25, 2017, 02:53:09 pm »

"don't worry about me quite yet, help august!"
get myself the rest of the way out of the sand. Gently cover the bullet hole and let my armor apply pressure, like it's supposed to during these circumstances.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 25, 2017, 03:34:04 pm »

"Wasn't me."

If any mooks goons are still alive, fix that with the drone. If not, rush to assist August.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 25, 2017, 03:44:31 pm »

Wake up and find out how my suit handled that.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 25, 2017, 04:06:06 pm »

Notice person with destroyed arms, wince slightly. Then run out there now that the goons are out and get a closer look at those arm wounds, figure out what kind of supplies are needed for treatment(Basic or Advanced), then treat.
Generic Arms Race.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #388 on: August 26, 2017, 11:06:42 am »

*Blink*

Look around and figure out what the hell is going on. Use brain powers to figure out who needs help or who needs kill.

Sorry for the few days of absence, moving stuff.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 26, 2017, 04:26:47 pm »

"don't worry about me quite yet, help august!"
get myself the rest of the way out of the sand. Gently cover the bullet hole and let my armor apply pressure, like it's supposed to during these circumstances.

[Strength: 6+1]

Heroically, you give one final push out of the sand, finally pulling your legs free of your dreaded adversary!

Damn, who knew sand could be so heavy?

Anywho, your suit is providing pressure to slow the bleeding, but blood does continue to seep slowly out of your forearm. It would appear that the armor doesn't provide enough pressure to completely cut off blood flow to an area. Which is good, because that would probably hurt like hell.

"Wasn't me."

If any mooks goons are still alive, fix that with the drone. If not, rush to assist August.

The goons are all down, so you rush over to help August!

[Medicine: 8]

Hmm, yes, she appears to have been shot several times, and then been crushed by a very burly man. Strange, how these things happen. You push the corpse off of August's body to give her some space.

Wake up and find out how my suit handled that.

[Will: 1+2]

Lol nope. You remain conked out.

Notice person with destroyed arms, wince slightly. Then run out there now that the goons are out and get a closer look at those arm wounds, figure out what kind of supplies are needed for treatment(Basic or Advanced), then treat.

Damn, from back here that wound looks nasty! Damn, when you run over to August and look at it up close, it looks even nastier!

[Medicine: 2+1]

Ehh, nothing a little medi-foam can't handle.

You haphazardly spray medi-foam all over the bullet holes, and somehow manage to avoid getting any foam into any of the wounds in the first place! Truly, this is top-notch doctoring right here.

[-1 Advanced Medkit charge]

*Blink*

Look around and figure out what the hell is going on. Use brain powers to figure out who needs help or who needs kill.

Sorry for the few days of absence, moving stuff.

((S'allright))

You quickly pull yourself away from Ivan and survey the situation. The current status is six dead goons, two teammates with brand new superfluous orifices, and a box of bomb parts which is still on the ship.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 33