Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48780 times)

Neoexdeath

• Bay Watcher
  • Sass birb
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 16, 2017, 06:30:52 am »

Gunnulf marveled as he realized what amazing invention he was holding in his hands. So small was the contraption that he could fit it in a pocket of the... leggings he was wearing, and yet it had so much information in it! There was even a system for writing letters! Prohibited to only people who possessed the same device, most probably. Still, so many options at his fingertips... Not to mention that he didn't even know what the other icons did!

After managing to calm down a little, the man reads the first note in the list. Shirou-sama... he imagined the latter word was some sort of suffix added as a form of respect, while the former was actually the name. Either way, he -or she, he had no idea how to judge the names of this country yet- was most probably an acquaintance of Managi, or even a friend. The same could be said about Masa, also.

Anyway, he decides to go in-depth with the analysis of this message. First, there was yet another abbreviation, AI. Judging from the rest of the message, it was related to these 'robots' in one way or another. Then there were these regulations that were put up quite hastily by a bunch of people. Who were 'they', though? Another question for the pile. "Open source software"... What could that be? Was it some sort of expression for something that went into a 'robot's' creation? And judging from what was said earlier, using it was a bad thing, apparently. Finally, there was the word comp. It could be yet another abbreviation, but all he knew it may just be an unknown word.

Well, it seems that's all he can get from the message for now, so he fiddles around some more until he find a map. A map! Inside this little tablet! How was that even possible?! He shook his head, putting the thoughts of awe at the back of his mind and focusing instead on the map itself. He presses the various icons displayed on the screen there, to see what they do, then inspects the map a little more to see if he can glean any useful information out of it.

Whenever the reincarnated scholar finds anything useful or not in the map, he presses the button which turned on the phone and slides it into his right pocket. After that, he goes to inspect the table to see what each of the contraptions there did. He didn't want to leave anything unchecked before going outside.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:07:01 am by Neoexdeath »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 16, 2017, 09:18:17 am »

Makiko pauses in stunned silence at this Father's words. Love you. A tear rols down her cheek as she stares at the screen in silence for some time.

Eventually she forces herself to move on, and scrolls through the conversation with the other person. Heavy Damage 3? What is that? Who is this person? What were they talking about?

"M-miss? I ... what is your name?  These devices, they seem so ... intimate."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 16, 2017, 10:39:25 am »

Turning to the girl, Nagisa gave her a small smile. "I am Nagisa... or at least that's the name of the person I now control. I know, this all seemed weird to me. These devices are indeed wonderful. In fact, I'm willing to bet that everyone have one..."

Suddenly, Nagisa remembered the pot on the stove that one of the hit men filled. It looked as it was going to explode. As quickly as she can, Nagisa went over to the stove and turned it off. Grabbing a pair of oven mitts, she carefully picked up the pot and set it in the sink. Taking off the mitts, Nagisa yawned as she returned to the girl.

"Those criminals must be trying to cover their tracks if they're going to great lengths to make my death look like an accident. However, through I'd like to think that they won't come back, I'm quite sure that I have only a few hours to rest before I get out of here. You may stay here with me or leave. The choice is yours, hmm... what is your name?"

If Makiko decides to stay, lock and barricade the door and lock and block the windows, clean up the spill and chemicals in the other room and sleep on the floor. If Makiko decides to leave, do all of the above once she does so. Don't forget to set the alarm to 6 am in either case.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 16, 2017, 11:09:54 am »

They might come back. Are you tired? Perhaps we could find ... find other shelter? I'll stay if you think it best ...
This body was known as Hamada Makiko. I don't think I ever had a real name before.

Makiko will help barricade the house, but make sure one of the windows is relatively easily opened from inside so we can escape if need be.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 16, 2017, 12:20:07 pm »

Find my way 'home' a place to rest my head will be nice
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 16, 2017, 01:41:03 pm »

Mitsuru turns placing hand on hip and giving who ever is approaching the most uninterested look possible. This seems like some kind of apartment, or maybe a shared rent.

Talk to who ever is approaching/enter the house thing and explore my living space.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 16, 2017, 09:15:14 pm »

"I'd love to find another place to sleep... Makiko. However, I don't know of anywhere else to go."

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 17, 2017, 01:54:46 am »

The world sure changes in XVII centuries, doesn't it? But how? What did in the empire in the end?... also, that qui note looks importent. I should keep it in mind.

Look up more information about the fall and following events.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 17, 2017, 05:54:37 am »

"I'd love to find another place to sleep... Makiko. However, I don't know of anywhere else to go."

"Yes ... Me neither. Maybe these magic mirrors we have can tell us where to go." -poke- -poke-
"I found pictures of kittens on mine. Does that mean anything to you?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 18, 2017, 12:21:47 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

The world sure changes in XVII centuries, doesn't it? But how? What did in the empire in the end?... also, that qui note looks importent. I should keep it in mind.

Look up more information about the fall and following events.

Apparently it was barbarians. Combined pressure on multiple fronts was too much... or so say the textbooks. But Rome was a military juggernaut--the only way for it to collapse in such an ignominious manner is if the military itself lost its edge.

How could this happen? Did the hordes discover some kind of weapon unmatched for its time? You start to wonder if the sorcerers and beasts haunting you in the afterlife were mere illusion, or if they in some manner reflected the state of the world itself...

Ozarck (Di/Hamada) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

Makiko pauses in stunned silence at this Father's words. Love you. A tear rolls down her cheek as she stares at the screen in silence for some time.

Eventually she forces herself to move on, and scrolls through the conversation with the other person. Heavy Damage 3? What is that? Who is this person? What were they talking about?

"M-miss? I ... what is your name?  These devices, they seem so ... intimate."

You scroll up to see the whole conversation, up to its very beginning.

Shin: Glad to have you on the team. (7 days ago)
Shin: Nagisa was busy with work today. Let me give you her number: 386-124-7402 (6 days ago)
Makiko: For the motors I noticed most of them are in the 10k-20k range. Should I go for the cheapest ones? (5 days ago)
Shin: Nope. Most of our budget should go to the motors. The controllers are dirt, same with the printing. (5 days ago)
Makiko: I had an idea for the control system. What if we used a neural net to teach our robot how to fight, instead of relying on the pilot. Here's (4 days ago)
Shin: I'll talk to Shirou-sama about the rules. I don't think we can rely on such a thing though... since you're going to program the moveset, you should check out Heavy Damage 3. It's a mecha game with a lot of melee combat, similar to what we're going for. (4 days ago)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

They might come back. Are you tired? Perhaps we could find ... find other shelter? I'll stay if you think it best ...
This body was known as Hamada Makiko. I don't think I ever had a real name before.

Makiko will help barricade the house, but make sure one of the windows is relatively easily opened from inside so we can escape if need be.
Turning to the girl, Nagisa gave her a small smile. "I am Nagisa... or at least that's the name of the person I now control. I know, this all seemed weird to me. These devices are indeed wonderful. In fact, I'm willing to bet that everyone have one..."

Suddenly, Nagisa remembered the pot on the stove that one of the hit men filled. It looked as it was going to explode. As quickly as she can, Nagisa went over to the stove and turned it off. Grabbing a pair of oven mitts, she carefully picked up the pot and set it in the sink. Taking off the mitts, Nagisa yawned as she returned to the girl.

"Those criminals must be trying to cover their tracks if they're going to great lengths to make my death look like an accident. However, through I'd like to think that they won't come back, I'm quite sure that I have only a few hours to rest before I get out of here. You may stay here with me or leave. The choice is yours, hmm... what is your name?"

If Makiko decides to stay, lock and barricade the door and lock and block the windows, clean up the spill and chemicals in the other room and sleep on the floor. If Makiko decides to leave, do all of the above once she does so. Don't forget to set the alarm to 6 am in either case.

The two of you begin the search for enough furniture to bar the big window and the two doors to the home (one front, towards the driveway, one back, toward the garden next to the shrine). In the restroom there is a small window that a smallish person could squeeze through if necessary.

Firstly, the front door opens inward, so moving the couch in front should be enough to block it.
The couch, if propped up correctly, could also block the windows however.

There are two tables made of wood. With some kind of nails you could bolt them against the big window and cover it completely, though without the couch it will be difficult.
The oven seems movable. It seems unlikely that two teenagers could drag it across the floor without some kind of serious leverage, however.
There's two wooden chairs. They're not heavy, but they could be perhaps used as support for something...
The back door opens outward. Blocking it won't be enough, you'd have to secure it with something that can't be broken by merely pushing it. It won't be easy to kick in, however, so you might be able to get away with just locking it.

You also find lots of rope, decorated with zigzag strips of paper, in the closet.

Neoexdeath (Gunnulf/Shin) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

(Wrote this post making the assumption that you'll be gone awhile.)

You are much more at home with the table. There are writing materials and a lamp, albeit one powered by unseen forces, with a flame that doesn't flicker.
Instead of quills, the people of this era write with sticks filled with ink, as well as sharpened sticks with a core made of charcoal. A pink tip allows you to erase mistakes, leaving a slight mess of shavings after use.

You engross yourself in the oddities and conveniences of this world... so much that you begin to feel drowsy. Tomorrow is another day.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

Mitsuru turns placing hand on hip and giving who ever is approaching the most uninterested look possible. This seems like some kind of apartment, or maybe a shared rent.

Talk to who ever is approaching/enter the house thing and explore my living space.

You turn, but there is no-one facing you. Not human, at least.
It's difficult to make out, but there is definitely a shadow there. The fact that you notice it not helped by the pouring rain.

You'd check the appropriate door to see if it's unlocked (you don't have any keys) but the pressing issue is that invisible presence casting a shadow over in the distance.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

Find my way 'home' a place to rest my head will be nice

Using the map you plan out a route through the city, a fact helped by the neatly-organized grid layout of the city.

On your way you are passed by more of the guards from before, cruising in their horseless carts with many flashing lights. You strategically obscure your face with the umbrella, and they make no effort to stop you. If they're searching for you, surely they'd know how you are dressed, right? Odd how they didn't notice.

Once you arrive at the giant building, you notice one of the guards stationed at the entranceway, his cruiser's lights flashing. You look for a back entrance, but all of them are marked with signs promising various acts of legal retribution should a violator trespass... though none of them promise beheading, surprisingly. Either way, they ought to be locked.

You deduce that the only legal ways into the building are through the main lobby, which is under guard, and through the entrances to restaurants and stores on the far side of the building, though there is no guarantee that there will be a path to the upper stories found inside. The stores are a barber shop (someone who cuts hair), a bar, a "takeout" restaurant, and a clothes store.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:41:42 am by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 18, 2017, 07:00:26 am »

"I think this person used to make Yokai. How unsettling. I wonder is she attempted something dangerous, and ended up summoning me into herself instead of whatever else she was expecting ..."

Makiko jams some small items, like pennies or wood chips or something, around the edge of the back door before pulling it closed, hopefully forming a reasonably strong wedging action. Then she locks the door and helps Nagisa push the couch against the other door.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 19, 2017, 03:49:16 am »

you should check out Heavy Damage 3

:D

The beast of shadows: Mitsuru's eyes open wide in a expression of horror, it seems nothing has changed. The book must be wrong if this thing is real, there was no death dream. One thing that is undeniable is that this is the future. But it's been so long, how?

She immediately formulates a plan. Stay out of sight and determine if others can see it, if anything can be done about it, she'd rather risk some other flesh then her own.

Mitsuru books it around the apartment and if there is a wall scales it into the neighboring plot, if there is no accessible other plot, she turns to run from where she came.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 06:33:49 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 19, 2017, 05:24:00 pm »

"It seems that I'm in the same predicament as well, " Nagisa said as she helped Makiko block the door and all of the windows in the house except the bathroom window with the furniture. "Strangely though, I seem to know a bit of Italian and whatever language we are currently speaking."

When Makiko mentioned something about 'Yokai', Nagisa wrinkled an eyebrow. "I don't know what you meant by yokai but it must be something that's truly beyond any of our ancestors' capabilities. Perhaps it has to do with some sort of machine? Maybe it could be the reason why Previous-Nagisa died as well?"

Though the house was secured, Nagisa felt that a bit more would need to be done to keep them safe so she decided to:

Use a chair to prevent the back door from opening. After that, smash another chair to bits and use the pieces, some nails, and a bit of the rope to construct a makeshift crossbow. Some small rods from the chair can be sharpened to make ammo for the crossbow.

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 19, 2017, 07:45:36 pm »

Question to ponder in the future I guess. Now, maybe I should spend some time studying about this world...and for my schooling. My host certainly seems to have neglected it.

Spend some time studying and reading books around the room.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 20, 2017, 06:32:19 am »

"Yokai are like ... spirits? So maybe she made spirits of the machine? Maybe these enchanted glasses we have are sort of like portals to the spirit realm for machines? I am a little excited though: I never learned to read in my first life!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 29