Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48711 times)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2017, 04:27:16 pm »

Well, this is odd. My soul seems to have been quite the pilgrim after my death. This strange tablet is very useful though. If only Rome had a few of these when marching. After some fiddling around, Gaius managed to find the location of 'home,' at least the home of the strange tablet and papers. He began his trek across the strange city, past odd but enourmous architecture to find his 'home.'

Head over to the location of 'home' as shown on the odd tablet.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2017, 05:36:23 pm »

"Machine? Built? Don't go out there!"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2017, 06:31:28 pm »

Grab an umbrella and walk away using it both to blend in and avoid the rain keep an eye out for noteworthy locations

My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2017, 08:34:26 pm »

Winking her eyebrow, Nagisa gave the scared girl a frown. "It's just a machine, I'm sure of it! I must see who is piloting it!"

Exit the house to see who's driving the strange machine.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 31, 2017, 05:27:33 am »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

You take a walk through the rainy streets, strategically passing under awnings. People look at you funny, your striped woolen jacket not appearing to blend in well. But it has pockets on the front which makes it highly convenient. And somehow it stays shut without buttons or buckles. You leave the hood on to keep your hair dry.

You arrive at a very tall building. Your body's former proprietor may have belonged to some member of the aristocracy, judging by the tremendous display of wealth. Alternatively this may be mass housing for the plebeians, and this seems like perhaps the more likely circumstance given the long hallways, closely-spaced rooms, and finally the small size of your own quarters--.

"You're back!" a familiar voice squawks at you. "Did you bring Rico with you or..." she leans past a dividing wall to check. There is no need to answer.
"You should buy an umbrella," she quips as your attire sheds a surprising amount of water onto the door rug.

This quarters doesn't seem too bad. There is a stove and a counter built into one side of the main room, the other having a couple of leather chairs and the wall seems to be a large version of the glass tablet you had.
The bedrooms are accessible from the hall, which curves around two of them in order to fit a third in. There is also a bathroom at the end of the hall.

Ozarck (Di/Hamada) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

You hear several loud bangs, like piercing cracks of thunder, bellowing deep like drums and yet leaving a shrill ringing in your ears. A chill runs down your spine as you ponder the consequences.

There's the faint muffled sound of a body crumpling to the ground. You might realize who it is. Two sets of footsteps begin walking through the house, talking to each other.

Spoiler: Dialogue (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Items (click to show/hide)

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

You walk outside to greet the driver, when suddenly you feel a crunching pain in your chest, and your legs give out. Hm.
A gun? It sure sounded like one, but there's no way someone could have readied it to fire without you noticing. You'd turn around to see if it came from behind, but your body feels weak, and you fall to the ground.

You remain fully conscious as two men exit the car and approach your still body on the ground.
"Aren't you glad you put your faith in that silencer?" says the first.
"What if she screamed, though?" says the second.
"What if she did?"
"Can't scream louder than a .45. Anyway, we have a few minutes to move the body and make it look like an accident."

Moments later, "What's that awful smell? Ammonia?" the second asked.

It doesn't seem like you are dead yet. It doesn't feel quite like... last time.

"Cooking accident, maybe?" said the first absentmindedly, starting the stove.
"Hey come look at this."

The two men are meters away from your head, standing around the bucket.
"Looks like she didn't plan on living past tonight anyway," said the second.

The pain in your chest still aches, but you don't seem weak anymore. Still probably best to keep still as long as they're in the room.

"Break the lid off that rice cooker and fill it up, and... I'll make this look like a spill. Then take the body."

Neoexdeath (Gunnulf/Shin) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

The various icons seem to have pictographic meanings attached to them, the first of which being a red envelope containing a blank sheet of parchment. The second is a colored swirl with three parts, red, green, and yellow, with a blue circle in the center. The third is a circle with six squares inside, the fourth is a card with the number '31' on it, and the fifth is a silver rectangle with a black shutter in the center.

Tapping the first with your finger, you bring up a collection of notes, each with a sender, perhaps a system of writing letters. You read the first one:

"Bad news, I asked Shirou-sama how the call went, and he said we're not allowed to put an AI on the control board. Apparently they're putting in a couple of new regulations at the last minute since a lot of people put open source software on their robots during last year's comp.

-Masa"

The second icon seems to show a map. It's a map that you can scroll around by dragging your finger. There are the names of all sorts of cities that you can't understand.

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

(Skipped)

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

You walk across the room to grab an umbrella and pass through the entry door. It's not a typical door, but rather a strange cross-shaped paddle made of glass which spins as you walk through it.

Outside, you walk in the opposite direction of the strange performers and their colorful truck, only to find more colorful vehicles, these ones black and white with similar red flashing torches mounted on top. Guards dressed in blue recline inside, and a couple of them glance your way, but you try to avoid eye contact as that seems suspicious.
[Stealth passed] As you make your way past the bulk of their forces, you notice a familiar woman in red speaking to some guards. They don't notice you.

"He was last sighted on top of the building," you hear one guard say.
"Please... if he jumped, I don't think I could..." says the woman.
"Don't worry, maam. Nobody saw him jump. The fire crews are just as confused as we are."

There's some bushes nearby located on an elevated stone flowerbed, but hiding them could arouse suspicion if you are caught snooping. It seems safer to simply walk, but given that the guards seem to be after you, it may be safer to escape into the city. But where? You notice storefronts all over, with signs shining bright as torches, somehow illuminated with an almost magical glow.

Horseless metal carriages fly past on the neatly-paved road with astonishing speed. The people of this city seem to keep to themselves, not paying you much heed.

At the next block down, you spot a store with a circled '7' (a familiar character?) called a 'pawn shop', a restaurant, a winery, and a general store.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 31, 2017, 07:07:46 am »

Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no! nonononononononono.

If the two murderers are in the same room as Makiko, she will try to remain hidden. Otherwise, she will try to very quietly leave the house, trying to stay out of sight of the men and the metal demon they came in, if possible. She'll sneak through any cover available until she is far enough away that she thinks they won't see her, then she's gonna run.

Edit: if Makiko sees Nagisa moving about , she'll try to stay near her when they run away. Right now, she thinks the girl is dead. If she lives, that's another matter.

Spoiler: Hamada Makiko (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: items (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 07:52:42 am by Ozarck »

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2017, 11:07:09 am »

(Damn, five page in and I'd already be shot...)

Frightened beyond all reason, Nagisa was stunned that the operators would shoot her. They had the gall to try to murder her when she'd only was interested in their machine. 'Perhaps there was bad blood between her and them?' she thought. It wasn't until they mentioned the bucket of chemicals in the room when she realized that the previous Nagisa may have, or already had, committed suicide. However, comprehending the situation would have to wait. Right now, she and the girl has to escape.

If the men are still nearby, remain still. However, as soon as she is able to, get up as quietly as possible and sneak out the house. As soon as she's certain that she is out of their viewing range, run like hell.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 11:10:45 am by Sir Elventide »

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 01, 2017, 02:52:24 am »

Cozy little home here, better then some patrician housing even.

Go to what seems to be my bedroom and explore the contents.
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 01, 2017, 03:46:36 pm »

Mitsuru checks out the book Trojan Horse: Partisans of World War II before she leaves the library.

"Your knifes are over priced," Mitsuru starts completely clueless of the actual price of the knifes in Japanese currency, "These blades are so dull you couldn't even slice fruit with these."

She picks up the multiple handled knife, "And this, what are these joints made of? These are going to break if the knife hits anything slightly rigid."

She pauses, eyeing the shop keeper, "These will be a bit of a job for me, but I'd take both of these off your hands for 3500." She says pointing to the multiple handled knife and the pearl handled slipjoint.

« Last Edit: September 01, 2017, 03:56:02 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 02, 2017, 11:23:35 pm »

HighEndNoob (Gaius/Gai) (IVDf VIPw IIIPc IIIWt)

You walk into the first bedroom you find and discover a desk and cabinets stacked with figurines and miniature models of carts and battlewagons covered in armor, and mysterious birds you've never seen before, with wings straight as swords and perched on black stands.
Clearly this room's owner must have been a patron of the arts!

There's a bed on the floor, and two sliding closets hide a couple of identical black-and-green uniforms along with contemporary clothing.

The room contains a desk with some papers, and they are labelled 'Onotoyama Rico' at the top. They seem to cover various topics including mathematics, art, and political classics.

Ozarck (Di/Hamada) (4Df 3Pw 7Pc 2Wt)

The men hang out in the house for some time, but they don't notice your curled-up body hiding past a cabinet, and neither of them find a reason to search the house.
Eventually, one of them stops at Nagisa's corpse, and then...

"Hey, look at this...

...she's not bleeding."

"Oh?" the other man grunts, skeptical, but curious.
Suddenly his demeanor changes.

"God, she must be a machine! Run!"

The two men promptly vacate the premises.

Sir Elventide (Giovanna/Nagisa) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

The two men continue their tasks, until the second one kneels next to you and tries to find the bullet wound.
"Hey, look at this...

...she's not bleeding." he says.

The other man, at first walking up puzzled, breaks off into a run. "She must be a machine! Run!"

Outside, next to the machine, you hear a third voice ask: "Hey, what's the matter?"
--as the two men hop into the front of the truck and roar off with the third struggling to hang on to the back of the mighty vehicle.

Neoexdeath (Gunnulf/Shin) (3Df 3Pw 4Pc 6Wt)

(skipped)

Wunderkatze (Ryzard/Mitsuru) (0Df 7Pw 4Pc 5Wt)

[-] The shopkeeper glances to the side to find you maliciously handling his wares. Maliciously, as in, trying to deprive him of some well-deserved profits.

"Young lady, I'm afraid this is a first-world country. If I were willing to accept your offer I'd have put up a discount,"
He does look solemnly toward the flimsy knife resting on the table.

"If you can find me something cheap that looks half as good, I might offer them both for 6,000." he declares, crossing his arms.

Spoiler: Notes/Status (click to show/hide)

killerhellhound (Lanfrank/Ryo) (5Df 4Pw 3Pc 4Wt)

(skipped)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 11:28:43 pm by _DivideByZero_ »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 02, 2017, 11:33:56 pm »

((That was unexpected. We won our first fight by accident, looks like.))

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 03, 2017, 12:29:34 am »

((A certain "What are you gonna do? Bleed on me?" comes to mind))

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 03, 2017, 12:50:45 am »

"Looking good wasn't the problem, its functionality." Mitsuru mutters, eyeing the pearl handled knife before wandering back outside umbrella in hand. That didn't work. I should probably try to be a bit nicer.

She wanders a bit, flipping through the partisan book. What did happen to me? Read what happened to Ryzard and take a nice walk.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 02:25:19 pm by WunderKatze »
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 03, 2017, 01:26:41 am »

(You know that sound that plays at the ending of Home Improvement's opening track, the one that sounds like a confused grunt or something? Twenty or so of that same sound just went off in my brain. Suffice to say that I'm just as confused as Nagisa.)

Dumbfounded, Nagisa watched as the men drove away frantically as if they seen a demon. Sitting up, she prodded her gunshot wound with a finger. Surprisingly, there were no blood. "How... how can this be?' she breathed in confusion as she scratched her head in confusion. "But I felt pain. Machines cannot feel pain, right?"

Attempt to determine whether the hitman's declaration is actually correct. Also, see if the other girl is fine.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 01:31:07 am by Sir Elventide »

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 03, 2017, 04:47:51 am »

Time to find out where I am

Go to the general store and look for a map try to locate the location on my picture card
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 29