Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48670 times)

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #270 on: January 17, 2018, 11:49:38 pm »

Finishing his plate Lanfrank stood and went up to the girl that had summoned a crossbow (Nagisa)

"So do you think you could teach me how to pull weapons out of thin air?"

Get another serving as I talk to her
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 18, 2018, 12:14:20 am »

Nagisa paused when a boy came over and asked her about how to summon a weapon just as she did. This day must be truly blessed if they're meeting more of their... kind. However, this boy must be new just like her and Makiko.

"Basically, you focus on a memory of a sort, 'a dream you had when you was dead' as someone told me," she attempted to explain. "However, it would be related to your past life so you will pull out a different weapon."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 18, 2018, 01:40:56 am »

Nagisa paused when a boy came over and asked her about how to summon a weapon just as she did. This day must be truly blessed if they're meeting more of their... kind. However, this boy must be new just like her and Makiko.

"Basically, you focus on a memory of a sort, 'a dream you had when you was dead' as someone told me," she attempted to explain. "However, it would be related to your past life so you will pull out a different weapon."
"Thanks. Just thought I should mention someone attacked me last night claiming his boss wanted people like us. He was terrible at fighting though and when he lost he melting through the floor to excape. Do you have any idea what on gods green earth he was talking about?  After all you seem more on top of this stuff then me.
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 18, 2018, 02:04:01 am »

As much as it is my impulse to avoid this kind of exposure, I think I can learn more quicker this way.

"Ah, so the human battering ram is one of us, interesting.

And what do you do?"
Mitsuru says to the girl.
"So the stump is returns, and even moves from it's roots!" Turning back to the muddy girl, Gai had a sudden realization.

"Wait, the blockhead can see you too? And based on your reaction people can't normally see you..." Gai took a cautious step back from the 'girl' and got in a more combative stance.

"You're one of them aren't you?"

"Ehhhh?" she gasps in disbelief. "What's with the accusation, son of Rome?"

She gets to her feet and raises both fists. "Hway Providence, Guiding Light of the North Star. Are you new to this, or do we have a problem?" she asks, scanning her eyes around the hall...
"Hey ~ " a girl walks past her while throwing a hi-five. Hway weakly returns the favor.

Get something to eat with Makiko and Miya.
Get another serving as I talk to her
"Bitsy." She mutters, in line for food.

The menu is vast: fish you've never heard before, vegetables you've never seen before, and... not a drop of "monosodium glutamate," whatever that concoction may be.
Some kind of metal arm serves you the food, retrieving it fresh from pots on a nearby stove and on top of the glass counter. It is almost as if this society has replaced humans performing menial tasks with machines. No wonder they place such importance on education.

... sitting at a small table with enough room for 6, but currently only four of you, Miya started explaining the story of "Lilith," the quite docile skeletal dragon which sits quietly at the side of the table. Makiko's centipede is taking refuge underneath the table where the sun's glare cannot reach through the skylights.

"I know this is going to sound strange," Miya says in a hushed voice. "but I'm actually from, like, a really long time ago. I believe it's some sort of moon-ritual cast by a shaman of this era, but unfortunately my Boogle searches didn't turn up much..."

"Thanks. Just thought I should mention someone attacked me last night claiming his boss wanted people like us. He was terrible at fighting though and when he lost he melting through the floor to excape. Do you have any idea what on gods green earth he was talking about?  After all you seem more on top of this stuff then me.

"That sounds horrible! Maybe he might be related to us..."

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 18, 2018, 02:13:10 am »

Gai dropped his stance. "...yes, I am in fact new to this. My apologies. And that young lady was...?"
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 02:24:24 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2018, 02:57:13 am »

"Actually, I'm new to all of this and so is Makiko," Nagisa said as she motioned to Makiko. "However, someone named Youka wanted us to meet here at some sort of club. Perhaps you can come with us. Anyway since we're into the same boat, let's introduce ourselves. My name is Tsumiya Nagisa."

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2018, 03:39:49 am »

"Nice to meet you I'm Knight LanFrank the... actually Ryo just Ryo if we got a second chance at life best not spend it crying over the past. I'll come to the club it sounds like a good idea to stick together if there are people hunting us."
My Sig

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2018, 12:06:34 pm »

"Yes, it is definitely a second chance in life, thank God," Nagisa smiled. "Not only will I get a chance to discover the marvels this modern world has to offer but I may even invent something totally amazing and this time there with be no lazy master taking all of the credit!"

Pausing, Nagisa continued with a slightly confused look. "Wait, you mentioned people hunting us and not 'demons'. What do you mean?"

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2018, 05:17:27 pm »

"It was a person that attacked me complete with sword. We had a nice chat after I pinned him to the ground with his own sword. If you have been attacked by demons even more reason to work together."
My Sig

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2018, 06:29:35 pm »

"That would be best and perhaps we'll know more of what's going on at the club," Pausing, Nagisa continued. "By the way, did this man dropped something when you pinned him?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2018, 07:28:40 pm »

Makiko spends more time contemplating her tray than listening to the group. It's as if she's reached her limit for new information for the moment. She tastes the various fish that she has selected from the menu, trying to determine what her body likes best.

"DO you think our Youkai like fish?" She asks abruptly, interrupting whoever is talking at the time. Once she realizes what she has done, though, she shrinks down in her chair, blushing furiously.

Still, she offers a piece of fish to her centipede.

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 18, 2018, 07:57:33 pm »

"I seached him and found knives, flashbombs and what looked like a calling card reading  'Taken by the Himada Sun-Moon Clan' I don't remember the number on it but everything melted through the floor including him when he decided he didn't want to be questioned anymore"
My Sig

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 18, 2018, 10:46:23 pm »

"Well when Makiko and I was attacked by her plant 'demon' last night, we broke its mask in half and took each piece for ourselves," Nagisa said. Making sure that the other students weren't looking in their direction, she took out her half of the mask and showed it to him and Miya. "After we killed it, this was all that was left. Hey Miya, have you seen anything like this?"

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 20, 2018, 12:53:51 am »

Gai dropped his stance. "...yes, I am in fact new to this. My apologies. And that young lady was...?"

"Huh...? Do... do you not ~" she seems annoyed by your question. "We met at the ghost hunting club.

Now, care to explain who they are?"
she asks, uttering the word they in an overwhelmingly derisive manner.

Makiko spends more time contemplating her tray than listening to the group. It's as if she's reached her limit for new information for the moment. She tastes the various fish that she has selected from the menu, trying to determine what her body likes best.

"Do you think our Youkai like fish?" She asks abruptly, interrupting whoever is talking at the time. Once she realizes what she has done, though, she shrinks down in her chair, blushing furiously.

Still, she offers a piece of fish to her centipede.

"Well, yours has a stomach. See if he eats it!"

The centipede pokes its head out from under the table to meet your hand. It looks almost cute, if you'd thought the giant mandibles were actually just big, puffy antennae.

It snatches the fish from your hand--doesn't seem like you're going to get that piece of fish back by any means. You wonder briefly: if other people can't see the centipede, what happened to the fish?

"Well when Makiko and I was attacked by her plant 'demon' last night, we broke its mask in half and took each piece for ourselves," Nagisa said. Making sure that the other students weren't looking in their direction, she took out her half of the mask and showed it to him and Miya. "After we killed it, this was all that was left. Hey Miya, have you seen anything like this?"

"Oh! That looks a lot like Lilith's face!"

(it really doesn't)

"That reminds me a lot of that time Lilith killed a giant wolf. It dropped some of its fangs, and I made them into a necklace to ward off spirits! My mom thought I'd bought it though..." she says all this in a really enthusiastic manner. Really, it's as if she never told this to anyone else, ever.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 09:06:13 pm by _DivideByZero_ »
Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 20, 2018, 02:25:08 am »

"Hmm, so this half can be made into an accessory," Nagisa said, becoming a bit worried. "However, it emits a feeling of... despair. I'm worried that it will bring me an overwhelming sense of sadness. I just may commit suicide again."
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 29