Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29

Author Topic: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread  (Read 48568 times)

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
  • Not to be confused with infinity
    • View Profile
Re: River of Lost Souls: IC Thread
« Reply #300 on: January 31, 2018, 02:15:10 am »

Second lunch kid?
"Yes, I hear some sort of bell. What does it have to do with him?"

"Some of the students here like to, um, practice with the monsters under their control. The constant smell of chaos tends to beget more chaos, and oftentimes it attracts feral monsters. That's usually the goal, I think. They won't let me join their club, though, they keep telling me that I'm not suited for combat. Not sure why!"

Recalling her initial meeting with one of her kind, she decided she wasn't so sure how dedicated she'd be to fighting the "hellspawn" but Mitsuru decides to keep that secret for now.

"Teach me how to fight these monsters."

"You sound like you're not aware of your own powers,"

Hway's outfit glows with one bright flash, and suddenly four bright orbs of light fly out into the hallway from her hand.
"Oh? They were supposed to stay here..." she says, her eyes tracking the orbs toward the school exit that leads toward the school's field.

Have I now become your enemy by telling you the truth? (Gal 4:16)

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
  • The sword cuts with finality when guided by wisdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 31, 2018, 02:26:52 am »

Nagisa raised an eyebrow in interest. "They're in another club,  as in there's more than one club dedicated to handling situations... like ours? Also, aren't they worried that those not like us could get attacked by monsters? "

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 03, 2018, 07:26:53 pm »

Nagisa raised an eyebrow in interest. "They're in another club,  as in there's more than one club dedicated to handling situations... like ours? Also, aren't they worried that those not like us could get attacked by monsters? "

"Two clubs?" Miya puts on a surprised face. "Are you talking about the geography club? Because if you didn't know, the geography club is the club I was referring to."

"...Do you really mean there's another club for people like us?"

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 03, 2018, 11:16:51 pm »

"Yes, your second question is what I mean to ask."

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 04, 2018, 12:47:07 am »

"Yes, your second question is what I mean to ask."

"I mean... are you part of the geography club? That's the one I was trying to join, but it didn't sound like you were aware of it."

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 04, 2018, 02:37:35 am »

Nagisa shook her head. "I haven't joined any club yet, only that I'd heard of a ghost hunting club from Youka last night. However, I find it strange that a club that anyone would expect to be into studying maps and globes wouldn't let you in because you can't fight."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 04, 2018, 04:04:20 am »

Hey, has anyone seen Youka today? I don't remember seeing her. Maybe she'll know about this rock map club."

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 05, 2018, 03:31:56 pm »

"My powers? Teach me." This is what I need to know.

Mitsuru watches the orbs float away, "Can others not see?" Perhaps I'd rather have a gun.
Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 10, 2018, 01:38:46 am »

"I assume those were the 'guiding lights' you mentioned earlier." You made it sound like they were supposed to stay... I have a bad feeling about this."
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 10, 2018, 07:19:09 pm »

"My powers? Teach me." This is what I need to know.

Mitsuru watches the orbs float away, "Can others not see?" Perhaps I'd rather have a gun.

"Ah... therein lies the problem. I can't teach you your own capabilities. Though I can help you find them.
Do you remember the circumstances of your death? A hundred years is not so bad."

"I assume those were the 'guiding lights' you mentioned earlier." You made it sound like they were supposed to stay... I have a bad feeling about this."

"..."

Her eyes pace between looking down the hallway and the subject of her conversation.

"They're not coming back. This is bad."

She grabs your hand. It phases right through. "Damn. Come with me. You two ought to learn a thing or two from this..."
With that she starts racing down the hall, out the door and toward the school's track.

Hey, has anyone seen Youka today? I don't remember seeing her. Maybe she'll know about this rock map club."
Nagisa shook her head. "I haven't joined any club yet, only that I'd heard of a ghost hunting club from Youka last night. However, I find it strange that a club that anyone would expect to be into studying maps and globes wouldn't let you in because you can't fight."

"Youka? I think she's in my class..." she scratches her head. "I don't think she likes me very much."

Suddenly, a backpack slams down on the diner table. A lunchbox hangs on the back and a water bottle is wedged into the middle pocket.
"Yo. We have a problem."

Youka stares at the new girl. "Still haven't found some friends yet? Well anyway,"
Miya frowns, but remains silent as the newcomer explains the situation.
"I didn't tell the two of you about this, but there are people who tame their monsters. Naturally, I don't think you should be doing this, but you're going to run into them sooner or later. And right now, I think their antics have gone a little too far... you should come."
She slings the backpack over her shoulder.
"You too, Miya."

Hway, Mitsuru, and Gai will exit at the southwest entrance, while Youka, Miya, Ryo, Nagisa, and Makiko will exit at the northwest entrance. Lilith slinks behind, but Makiko's centipede seems to have slinked away. Looks like it didn't want to stick around beyond what it was called for.

Outside, crows swarm the skies and fill the air with a raucous orchestra of shrieks and calls. The grass is shuddering, despite there being no wind, and the sound of inhuman screeching, grunting, and roaring drowns out the students shouting and calling out to one another.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 02:58:25 am by _DivideByZero_ »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 10, 2018, 08:46:08 pm »

Makiko Glances nervously between Miya and Youka. The sounds up ahead add to her nervousness. Well, better get this out of the way before whatever is about to happen ...

"Youka-san, Youka-san ... I summoned a centipede. It was really big and at a bit of my fish. Is that what you mean by taming my monster?"

HighEndNoob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 10, 2018, 11:40:33 pm »

"This isn't going to go well, is it? Ah well, no time like the present."

Gai chases after Hway to the schoolyard and notices the ominous surroundings.

"Yup, definitely not going to end well. Typical."
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 12:38:21 am by HighEndNoob »
(5) You manage to struggle free of the guards and sprint to a safe distance before tossing a knife at one! (5 + 1 = 6) The throwing knife zips through the air, slitting a guard's throat! It then travels around the group of guards like a boomerang. It (5) Slits another throat, (Three 6's in a row!) decapitates three more (!), (4) slices open the last guard's arm, and (2) narrowly misses a random bystander. It then flies back into your hand. Holy crap.

Sir Elventide

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 11, 2018, 12:21:34 am »

Giving Miya a reassuring smile, Nagisa followed Youka and Makiko outside just in time to see the strange signs. Feeling tensed, Nagisa thought about what Youka just said. Perhaps it was wise to be ready for anything.

Attempt to summon the Celestial Repeater again.

Suddenly, a thought entered her head. "Hey Youka-san, what about the people who are not like us?" she begin to ask. "What exactly do they see when we're fighting these monsters or accessing our powers? Is it possible for them to get hurt as a result?"
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 10:21:44 am by Sir Elventide »

_DivideByZero_

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 11, 2018, 03:28:52 am »

"Youka-san, Youka-san ... I summoned a centipede. It was really big and at a bit of my fish. Is that what you mean by taming my monster?"

"You learned how to--" she seems surprised, and looks at Miya. "Did something happen?"
Rolling her eyes, she answers: "If you summoned a creature at some point, it must have come from your own phantasm. Those aren't the monsters I'm talking about. I'm talking about the ones... that are free, if you understand? They can go where they want. "

WunderKatze

• Bay Watcher
  • Brass serpent in tow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 12, 2018, 03:28:01 pm »

"I do," I remember the very moment of my death. I collapsed after receiving multiple gunshot wounds from a distant machinegunner and died after feeling my heart fail. She also remembers falling face first onto her Thompson machine gun when she got hit, those rear sights hurt.

Mitsuru looks down at her hands. They're a bit pale, she leans against a wall and tries some deep breaths. She remembers the shock-induced blindness, it was that darkness that would haunt him into the afterlife, the same silent darkness that he experienced buried under his families corpses. Terrifying yet intriguing. That beast of darkness, he must be the key to my power.

Come hither and bring me the weapons of my ancient world war, the veritable tools of political change.

Sigh, they always said that junk food was bad for you. I guess that leaves us with canabalism.

HEAVY DAMAGE
OPERATION MARKET STORM
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 29