Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Game over!  (Read 38186 times)

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
Re: Supernatural Mafia 9 - Day 1 Assembles
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2017, 09:18:59 am »

Reverie:
Shakerag: What gives? If you happened to be scum, hypothetically, wouldn't it be detrimental to not know who your scumbuddy was, even on D1? I'm tempted to consider that you know your role after all, but tell us you don't in the interest of removing any accountability on your part today for future discussion. This feels strongly to me like a trick in self-preservation.
I already explained this.  If I happen to be scum and one of my (unknown) scumbuddies happens to be the one who stands out as the scummiest, then it would appear scummy if I didn't go after them, no?  That's pretty basic scum play, in my opinion.  Are you saying you would do differently in the same situation if you were scum?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2017, 09:55:54 am »

Reverie:
Shakerag: What gives? If you happened to be scum, hypothetically, wouldn't it be detrimental to not know who your scumbuddy was, even on D1? I'm tempted to consider that you know your role after all, but tell us you don't in the interest of removing any accountability on your part today for future discussion. This feels strongly to me like a trick in self-preservation.
I already explained this.  If I happen to be scum and one of my (unknown) scumbuddies happens to be the one who stands out as the scummiest, then it would appear scummy if I didn't go after them, no?  That's pretty basic scum play, in my opinion.  Are you saying you would do differently in the same situation if you were scum?

True on both counts, sure, but it's still weird and there's no saying you can't use this to excuse for whatever you might do or say today. People tend to do things for a reason. As for your question about protecting scumbuddies on D1, it's a grey area. I wouldn't push it too hard, but losing a scumbuddy on D1 is a serious setback. Between jumping on a bandwagon and playing at 'meh I'm not sure about this lynch', it amounts to about the same to me most of the time, but I would likely choose the latter if it came to it on D1.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2017, 09:58:44 am »

Day ends ~5pm Pacific Today. There is one remaining extension available for this day. 3 net votes needed to extend.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2017, 10:26:27 am »

Too soon. Extend.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2017, 11:37:44 am »

Extend too. Damn busy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2017, 11:44:12 am »

Extend
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2017, 01:18:48 pm »

Extend, I promise I'll get a real post in soon.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2017, 04:30:44 pm »

Day has been Extended to ~5pm Pacific Tuesday. There are no more extensions remaining for this day.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2017, 08:36:30 pm »

Imagine me sitting down to post only to be dragged off to do other things for four days. That's what is going on with this game for me. Can I finally do it? Let's find out.

First: Fuck RVS. With that out of the way...

AbstractHeroTraitor: Why are you a Sexton?

Opinion on first day
Been kinda quiet only a few people talking. We hopefully can get lots of people involved and lots of posts to comb back through on the second day or if we're lucky manage to find a scum and lynch them today. That's the best scenario we kill a scum on day One.
Doesn't seem to me that you are very sure about your lynch, going by that. Are you truly willing to rely on blind luck for that lynch?

Teneb: If you were a guard, who would you prioritise guarding – someone you wish to protect, or one you feel is malicious?
The possibly malicious player. If I suspect they are malicious, I must assume all their actions will be to the detriment of the town. And depending on how many players are alive, using the ability as a protect is too risky.

Teneb: I think this is the right answer. Blocking the potential victim has the nasty side-effect of keeping them locked inside and maybe preventing them from using their ability. What if you were less sure?
Still a better choice to block the potential scum.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2017, 11:02:22 am »

This poor activity is terrifying. I won't be available much in a few hours up until the end of the day, and I'm at a loss here.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2017, 11:34:25 am »

Bwuuuh busyness strikes :-[ :-\

Quickreeds! Because three pages isn't enough :P And because its not enough, I'm not putting town/scum stickers, but my feelings and what I like.
    hector13 - Poke poke queries! Feels nice to see queries and mutual exchange, rather than queries directed to seem active and magnify a point early on. Then it got cut off at these times.
    TheDarkStar - You're the only one without an avatar. :I And your only post is nice. But where's the notes for everyone else? I like the extensions though.
    Teneb - I missed you! We've got little going on today; got anything for others or anything poking out from others?
    Reverie - Not just because I view her as a fun and good friend and look up to her comes off as leaning good reading given her participation and narrative, and nudging other people. I feel content with her \o/
    AbstractTraitorHero - Is poking everything, probably acting isolated. I don't like the jumpiness but the consistency remains in his narrative in how he approaches folks, so its developing well. Got anything on insights on your most scummy person?
    Shakerag - Feels concerned about himself @_@ that or I'm looking too much at some instances that seem self-referencing; other than him NOT reading his PM, his queries are...non-directional to others (or pretty directional in a way), albeit pretty nice for casual talk. Why didn't you read your role PM, and aside from that--what are your reasons for voting today?
    Tiruin - Hai :D I'm Tiruin! Busy busy stirring this cauldron of reeds!
    BlackHeartKabal - Feels analytical. BHK: Why is your first post query only have a really nice question to TDS? And how do you suspect Shakerag?
    juicebox - You got 2 posts :O One of them is an extension, and the other is responses. Got anything?

Feels like people are laid back because of role stuff, is one presumption--but to explain idleness via checking in game notes, is very little to even infer this is what's going on. :P

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2017, 11:55:05 am »

I petition town and scum stickers become a thing. We can start a merch line with fun lines such as 'I was scum and lived to tell the tale' or 'I <3 Town'

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2017, 12:02:30 pm »

Whoops, missed this question:

TheDarkStar: Which type of ability do you feel most comfortable with: misdirection, role-blocking, protection, investigation, or disturbing the dead? Why?

Investigation or protection, since misdirection and role-blocking have a reasonable chance of messing things up for town. And disturbing the dead is not likely to be that useful (unless that actually means reading the deadchat, which might be useful).

TheDarkStar - You're the only one without an avatar. :I And your only post is nice. But where's the notes for everyone else? I like the extensions though.

I've been much busier than I've expected ::). And yeah, my first post started off as a normal response but became an essay.

In regards to other people, Tiruin, Reverie, Shakerag, ATH, hector, and BHK (and me after this post) are the only ones with non-RVS content. Basically ATH and BHK started accusing each other of being scummy and everyone piled on from there.

hector: Do you plan to keep your RVS vote on Shakerag??

ATH: Do you still think your vote on BHK is justified? Why?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2017, 12:49:55 pm »

I petition town and scum stickers become a thing. We can start a merch line with fun lines such as 'I was scum and lived to tell the tale' or 'I <3 Town'
Made my day there :P :D

Now I wonder if we can theme that in Meph's games. Humorous stuff, like "I'm a mighty Sauceror!" or "I guarded my guard. We both locked ourselves out."

I've been much busier than I've expected ::). And yeah, my first post started off as a normal response but became an essay.
Eep ._. no pressure TDS (the rolling eyes emoticon had me go :-[), but your first post is okay :P
It's just its your only post other than nice extensions.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2017, 01:56:49 pm »

Bwuuuh busyness strikes :-[ :-\

Quickreeds! Because three pages isn't enough :P And because its not enough, I'm not putting town/scum stickers, but my feelings and what I like.
    hector13 - Poke poke queries! Feels nice to see queries and mutual exchange, rather than queries directed to seem active and magnify a point early on. Then it got cut off at these times.

Well, the person I was poking disappeared - or was ignoring me - and it slid into the weekend when I have other obligations, thus didn't want to start a discussion with anyone knowing I wouldn't be able to keep it going.

The only other interesting person was Shakerag, who was drawing a lot of ire from suggesting he didn't read his PM. Unfortunately the discussion that prompted was regarding mafia theory, which is of negligible use for reading folks. He'll likely draw some attention during the night though.

Anyway, to answer TDS' question:

Unvote

Oh there's only 9 players why did I think there were more.

Er...

ATH

This stuck out on a re-read:

But if your scum then you could potentially be reaming into your scum partner and end up lynching him/Her which would be disadvantageous for you since usually, two heads are better than one.

'cause there's no mention of the number of scum in the game.

I'm also somewhat nonplussed regarding the lack of voting, even FoS'ing. I understand the day will end on everyone using their vote, but come on guys, 5 hours left in the day (I think) and there's a... probably RVS? vote and a handful of FoSes.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14