Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76049 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - Day 1!
« Reply #165 on: October 25, 2017, 04:45:21 pm »

So... you don't advocate hunting scum?
Nope! You can do that if you want, and I can certainly imagine situations in which it would be a good idea, but I'd never tell you to do it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2017, 05:14:57 pm »

Nope! You can do that if you want, and I can certainly imagine situations in which it would be a good idea, but I'd never tell you to do it.

Why not advocate hunting scum?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 25, 2017, 05:16:29 pm »

Some jerk dicked with my role, and Leafsnail's the same old grump.
Let me guess, your role was the ability switch one?

It wasn't me who did that to you. For some reason I don't know at all, my role got completely replaced today(my guess it was switched with someone else). I have my suspicions for who did it, but for the moment...

Well, I ended up getting the ability to swap an ability with someone. I swapped with Shakerag.

So I can verify that he was telling the truth about his Santa shower. I'm doing to do the thing he was going to do tonight, though perhaps with a different target.
Nope, that's the one I ended up with.  My previous role is the reason you got that role though.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 25, 2017, 05:20:22 pm »

Anyone with a swap role is encouraged to use it on me.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 25, 2017, 05:33:26 pm »

Ok, up to speed. Ish. I know what I'm doing tonight, but not so clear about how to help in the remains of the day.

Is there time to know more about Shak's HilarityPower? Can I trust FoU's NonLethalPower? If 4maskwolf is passive (like me, not been throwing votes/suspicions round, either), then what would...? Hmm. And if there was another non-mod vote upon Cody I'd happily prevent a thrown-firework effect by making it definite, but I suspect too late now.

I have nothing specific against (or for) Max or Shak, though, so can't bring myself to tip the balance there. Good reasons to should arrive quickly, or not at all.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 25, 2017, 05:39:31 pm »

Is there time to know more about Shak's HilarityPower? Can I trust FoU's NonLethalPower?
Well, now somebody else has my NonLethalPower and I have Shakerag's HilarityPower. Blame powerswap.

My vote stays.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 25, 2017, 05:48:55 pm »

And if there was another non-mod vote upon Cody I'd happily prevent a thrown-firework effect by making it definite, but I suspect too late now.
I can confidently state that a thrown-firework effect has happened and may be the reason this swap power is now being passed around like a lewd simile.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 25, 2017, 06:15:57 pm »

END OF DAY 1

Without anything that remotely looked like a consensus, minor factions broke out among the admins. They weighed up their votes against each other... and they were equal. No one would be kicked directly this day. At night, however, some of them though to devise trickier methods involving loopholes in server's permadeath code...

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000 [1] - TheDarkStar
codybob1999 [1] - {{codybob1999}}
Starver
Maximum Spin [2] - Fallacy of Urist, Shakerag
Leafsnail [1] - Tiruin
Shakerag [2] -  Leafsnail, Maximum Spin
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox
no lynch
Didn't vote: juicebox, BlackHeartKabal, kingawsume, 4maskwolf, Starver, NJW2000

No One Was lynched. Night ends in 24 hours. 27th October 12.10 AM or before if everyone sends their actions in.

NIGHT ONE BEGINS

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - N1 - Draw at Sundown
« Reply #173 on: October 26, 2017, 02:54:24 pm »

Three Hours Left To Submit Night Actions

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 26, 2017, 09:22:24 pm »

END OF N1

codybob1999 was idle so long he blinked out of existence, the only thing left of his existence a short status report on the logs. Everyone had seen it coming. He wasn't a griefer or a visionary, just an npc. No one was surprised.

No what they were surprised by was the destruction of Leafsnail. He appeared to have been killed by a permadeath mod that had hacked away the pixels of his avatar. Gruesome and bespoke.

codybob1999 was modkilled. He was town.

Spoiler: codybob1999 (click to show/hide)

Leafsnail was killed. He was town.

Spoiler: Leafsnail (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 09:25:46 pm by notquitethere »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 26, 2017, 09:24:07 pm »

DAY 2

The players began their routine, now with a much more pressing need to boot those from the server who weren't adhering to the code of conduct.

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
Starver
Maximum Spin
Shakerag
4maskwolf
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox
No lynch

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 26, 2017, 09:53:41 pm »

And if there was another non-mod vote upon Cody I'd happily prevent a thrown-firework effect by making it definite, but I suspect too late now.
I can confidently state that a thrown-firework effect has happened and may be the reason this swap power is now being passed around like a lewd simile.
Doesn't appear to have been CB's thrown firework that did that, then. Inform/Census may have been made, but not Swap/Gift.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2017, 10:13:58 pm »

Judging by who voted who, I will go out on a limb and vote Shakerag.
If I getting scumbaited, Armok help me. It seems logical, but at the same time, I could be falling right into a scum gambit/bait.

Edited to correct formatting.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 10:15:34 pm by kingawsume »
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #178 on: October 26, 2017, 10:20:28 pm »

(I appreciate your consideration in improving your formatting, kingawsume, but note that editing posts is usually not allowed in mafia for obvious reasons and so please just create a new post in future.)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 26, 2017, 10:25:48 pm »

Doesn't appear to have been CB's thrown firework that did that, then. Inform/Census may have been made, but not Swap/Gift.
I wish to clarify: CB had the swap action, and then stopped having it because of swapping it with another one. I can confirm this was the case because I swapped it onto him, having received it apparently from Leafsnail, who swapped away my previous "cure target" ability that I actually really did have. Yes, swapping the swap power onto the guy who automatically uses powers was perhaps not the most impressive idea. I hadn't totally considered that he could use it immediately after I swapped it onto him instead of the next day (by which time he would be dead). So uh. Sorry.

Anyway... kingawsume.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 38