Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76233 times)

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2017, 10:32:19 pm »

Judging by who voted who, I will go out on a limb and vote Shakerag.

Anyway... kingawsume.

Could you both explain why you're voting?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2017, 10:40:40 pm »

I could, but I don't know if he could, so I can't say whether we both could. However, I think the reason for his vote is that Leafsnail had voted for Shakerag, and possibly also that Leafsnail had vouched for me after Shakerag voted for me, and now Leafsnail is dead.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 27, 2017, 04:06:12 am »

Eh... I didn't think that draw would happen. Still unsure about whether or not I should have voted for someone I didn't really think was scum. Probably should have done a tiebreaker just for the sake of it, but oh well. Lesson learned.

If I getting scumbaited, Armok help me. It seems logical, but at the same time, I could be falling right into a scum gambit/bait.

Edited to correct formatting.
I also would like a clearer explanation of this.

If you're actually trying to lynch someone on the grounds that the nightkill was on a townie-looking person voting them, that is some pretty weak justification. For one thing, it leads to circular logic: the scum are almost certainly capable of realising that killing Leafsnail would make Shakerag look bad, so would be more likely to do it if Shakerag was not scum. Then again, the scum are probably intelligent enough to think what I just said, so would be likely to do it if Shakerag was scum. Etc etc: WIFOM. Doesn't necessarily mean we should disregard evidence like the scumkill, just means that what we infer from it is very weak grounds for action.

I could, but I don't know if he could, so I can't say whether we both could. However, I think the reason for his vote is that Leafsnail had voted for Shakerag, and possibly also that Leafsnail had vouched for me after Shakerag voted for me, and now Leafsnail is dead.
So... how about you do explain why you voted? By which I don't mean, "how would you feel about explaining why you voted?", I mean, "please explain why you voted for kingawesume just then".
One wheel short of a wagon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2017, 04:15:44 am »

Cheese buckets :I I knew Leafsnail was town.[/complimentarycompliment]

yo dudes, why're y'all voting Kingawsume and Shakerag :V

Shakerag: Yo bro, what you do @_@

Also TDS is Town :V just so y'all know.
No I'm not claiming anything. But I have PMs telling me THINGS O____O [/notthatmymentionofLeafsnailwaspartofit]

SO there's been a blackout and I've MANY THINGS due in the next two days (one is my Chapter 1 portion of research tomorrow and two is BOARD EXAM on Sunday/Monday) so I may be inactive for bits. I shall be posting though! D:<

But seriously why're y'all voting for those peeps.
You're town too :V
So fish.

But seriously. Why're you speaking for someone else who you have no idea about rather than your perspective of view?

THAT LEAVES THE REST OF YOU! O____O

FallacyofUrist: What did YOU do last night obligatory: where were you on the night of the 26th in which we all took a hearty night's dinner together and you help up a BUTTER KNIFE to cut CHEESE?! @_@

Also people confirmed actions IN THE DAY DURING D1. I would like them to talk about it.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2017, 04:19:53 am »

NQT: We would prefer to know the order of action resolution in public tanks :3

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 27, 2017, 04:22:40 am »

I need to unpack your explanation a little, Max, as it seems to me that Gifting has been heavily at play, on top of any Gifting, given all confirmed people have two available Actions and I don't yet know enough to be even half sure of anything, though I am just about half sure of something else, rounded down, for all the good it does me.

(PPE: Double ninja by Tir, doesn't seem to affect anything of the above, though.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 27, 2017, 04:27:43 am »

EBWOP: ...on top of any Swapping, I meant.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 27, 2017, 06:11:37 am »

NQT: We would prefer to know the order of action resolution in public tanks :3

Actions all happen at the same time, but when there's a direct conflict, it'd be resolved in this way:

Redirect (redirects can be delayed, blocked, but a redirector can redirect their blocker)
Delay
Block
Gift (i.e. players have their gifted powers before other actions on them trigger.)
Frame
Save, Inform, Census, Trick, Poison, Prime etc.
Mimic
Investigate
Swaps process after the ability has been use (i.e swaps never block a power being used)
Kills kill the target at the end of the night (i.e. it won't stop a power being used). Ignition triggers before other kinds of death.

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #188 on: October 27, 2017, 07:09:09 am »

Anyway... kingawsume.

Both a combination of a gut tell and scumbait/tell. If Shakerag IS scum, the scum were covering for Shaker, and setting up Maximum for a fall, as he was already considered a sus. But, if Shake isn't scum, then they are leading me by the rope.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 27, 2017, 07:29:17 am »

Anyway... kingawsume.

Both a combination of a gut tell and scumbait/tell. If Shakerag IS scum, the scum were covering for Shaker, and setting up Maximum for a fall, as he was already considered a sus. But, if Shake isn't scum, then they are leading me by the rope.
We've one floating topic unapproached--the people who voted Max.S. That somehow isn't being a topic by some people as an opportunity.

I am curious however how you reason out Shake as scum there. o_O Like, from where and what posts? HOW are people covering for Shakerag? How are people setting up Maximum Spin? (and why? That contradicts your earlier post where you metaphorically related yourself to a fool because 'it'll draw suspicion' [that and I just dislike people calling others 'fool' -.- so it has emotional impact on me])

How is Shakerag even leading you by the rope when all his posts are "NIGHT GIFT POKES :3"
Is it connected to something that happened yesterday before day end where people started vaguely posting about whatever thing happened?

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2017, 08:47:22 am »

Anyway... kingawsume.

We've one floating topic unapproached--the people who voted Max.S. That somehow isn't being a topic by some people as an opportunity.

I am curious however how you reason out Shake as scum there. o_O Like, from where and what posts? HOW are people covering for Shakerag? How are people setting up Maximum Spin? (and why? That contradicts your earlier post where you metaphorically related yourself to a fool because 'it'll draw suspicion' [that and I just dislike people calling others 'fool' -.- so it has emotional impact on me])

How is Shakerag even leading you by the rope when all his posts are "NIGHT GIFT POKES :3"
Is it connected to something that happened yesterday before day end where people started vaguely posting about whatever thing happened?
Shakerag isn't leading if he isn't scum. The scum could easily set up max s. because Leaf backs Max up by voting for Shake, and dies next night. I'm not saying Shake is scum, but there is a possibility.

Scumhunting is not my specialty, if you couldn't tell :P
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 27, 2017, 08:52:34 am »

Tiruin:
Man, I didn't do shit.  My gift ability got ganked before the day ended, leaving me with no night action.  I am disappoint.

kingawsume:
If I getting scumbaited, Armok help me. It seems logical, but at the same time, I could be falling right into a scum gambit/bait.

Edited to correct formatting.
And this is why in the beginner's games we try to press the importance of not analyzing who got killed during the night.  It's total WIFOM.  Because saying I'm scum and killed Leafsnail for voting me (which is something I would almost never do as scum anyway) is just as plausible as saying that whoever is scum killed Leafsnail to make it look like I went after him for voting me.  In truth, my guess would be one of:
-Leafsnail was killed by scum because he was one of the strongest players in the game.
-Leafsnail was killed by town who was afraid one of the strongest players in the game might be scum.
-Leafsnail was killed by some random-ass ability.

So I'm inclined to think you might not be scum only due to that being a fairly common beginner's mistake (and you made an edit, which is also a beginner's mistake).  Also, if that's the entirety of your argument on me (plus gut feeling, apparently) then you're going to need to try harder.  Also, what NJW2000 said.

Those of you who didn't have a vote on at end of D1 (less NJW2000):  So why weren't you voting?  Why did you let a tie stand?  If there's one topic that's been hashed and rehashed on this board it's don't fucking "no lynch" on D1.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 27, 2017, 09:00:35 am »

Tiruin:
Man, I didn't do shit.  My gift ability got ganked before the day ended, leaving me with no night action.  I am disappoint.
Hum @_@ Someone targeted me then . . .and it ain't you?
Thanks dude 8) (Also I only have one vote--for any player to note, votes always follow the LAST red bolded person in a post :P)

Those of you who didn't have a vote on at end of D1 (less NJW2000):  So why weren't you voting?  Why did you let a tie stand?  If there's one topic that's been hashed and rehashed on this board it's don't fucking "no lynch" on D1.
I was asleep :P
Because GMT +0 British times are not helpful for me T_T (it's like, 8am. And I need my beauty sleep to SUPLEX THESE BOARD EXAMS and not fail because I will be a wreck from then on but hey we've got 1 week before results are posted!), but in all seriousness:
I was voting for not lyinching Max-S because I was reading him as town--in the least, his motive seemed to be brevity and poke-yness. I don't know where he was going with all the presumptions but it seems to be a passive-active way of invoking others' responses. In which I was also assuming 'in a game of several scum, since I'm assuming either 2-3', where another note was scum being pretty covert in their dealings with each other.

Which doesn't help when activity is on the low :I

So it's a lot less 'no no lynch' and more 'no lynch on deez guys'.
I mean, we're 13 people. There stands to be ~10 town, and I've got enough of a feel on them to see them safely as town--because they've drawn quite some limelight, and I'm also presuming scum do not want that especially in a game where you do not know the arsenal against you.

I need to unpack your explanation a little, Max, as it seems to me that Gifting has been heavily at play, on top of any Gifting, given all confirmed people have two available Actions and I don't yet know enough to be even half sure of anything, though I am just about half sure of something else, rounded down, for all the good it does me.

(PPE: Double ninja by Tir, doesn't seem to affect anything of the above, though.)
Wha-choo talkin' about bro'? @_@

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2017, 09:14:53 am »

Also TDS is Town :V just so y'all know.
So this happened. If Tiruin flips town at any point, I think this basically confirms TDS, unless the generator can throw out complex deceptive roles.

Speaking of night stuff, anyone get any information from me?
One wheel short of a wagon

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - Day 1!
« Reply #194 on: October 27, 2017, 09:26:16 am »

Well, I ended up getting the ability to swap an ability with someone. I swapped with Shakerag.

So I can verify that he was telling the truth about his Santa shower. I'm doing to do the thing he was going to do tonight, though perhaps with a different target.
So I did the Santa Shower thing. It looks like it worked out, from my end at least. I gained a new ability.

If Shakerag wants to take the Santa Shower back, he can try using the swap ability I swapped with him for Santa Shower, but he might get the new ability I have instead.
~~~
So this happened. If Tiruin flips town at any point, I think this basically confirms TDS, unless the generator can throw out complex deceptive roles.
Inspection falsifying abilities are a thing(blame me, I made the suggestion to NQT). Still, though, if Tiruin does flip town, the odds of TDS being town will be much greater in my estimation, because(I think, anyway) the odds of an investigation jamming ability hitting the TDS investigation are less than the odds of one not hitting the TDS investigation.
~~~
Speaking of night stuff, anyone get any information from me?
Nope.
~~~
Incidentally, I lied about my ability. Sorry. Radical Freedom.
I'm going to open with a vote on Maximum Spin based off earlier behavior, but I'm going to look for other targets as 1, this could just be newness, and 2, I don't think there's only going to be one mafioso.
~~~
Take the Santa Shower back if you like. I would love the chance to swap with someone else.
~~~
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 38