Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76261 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #195 on: October 27, 2017, 10:15:17 am »

I need to unpack your explanation a little, Max, as it seems to me that Gifting has been heavily at play, on top of any Gifting, given all confirmed people have two available Actions and I don't yet know enough to be even half sure of anything, though I am just about half sure of something else, rounded down, for all the good it does me.

(PPE: Double ninja by Tir, doesn't seem to affect anything of the above, though.)
Wha-choo talkin' about bro'? @_@
A Swap action should (by the logic I ascribe to the basic words, though I welcome corrections on that) leave Player A with Action B and Player B with Action A (or a more convoluted variation, but ultimately conserving the total actions at one per Player).

All the information I have shows that someone(s), Player W1..n has(/have) been Gift actioning, for the reveal to be Player A having Action X + Action C, Player B having Action Y + Action D (noting that X and Y might be A and B, or indefinable due to unknown Swaps also having happened to original A and/or B from Player(s) Z1..m.

Which is gonna need work to disentangle. I'm also hoping that something I've already said sparks somebody to realise something else. At least one other person. Then perhaps we know more about how the swapsies/gifties progressed. Not that in itself this exonerates or condemns anyone (granted actions are neutral to alignment, at that level), but it may still be useful to see how this keeps the actors honest(/unable to hide their nefariousness) once it starts rolling out. To that end, I can see myself corroborating someone (especially if it's who I think it is) and opening up myself by doing so.

(And I mentioned why I didn't tie-break, at the end of D1. Not enough reason to personally doom either candidate. We got two reveals anyway, which is the only reason why people want D1 lynches in advance of the often inevitable N1 kill, and it was already two Townies and thus ended up bad. It might have improved things if we'd also randomlynched a Scum, but the odds of that were too high for my liking, vs the likelihood of losing a third Town.  My justification, by my evaluation, and I know not everyone would agree with the reasoning but that's how I swing. And unless I'm Scum trying to protect both my Scumbrothers (or small-'f' frame them as such?) by refusing to sling either under the bus, I submit that this is the more Town-friendly attitude. YMMV.)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 27, 2017, 10:23:52 am »

Also TDS is Town :V just so y'all know.
So this happened. If Tiruin flips town at any point, I think this basically confirms TDS, unless the generator can throw out complex deceptive roles.
There's the whole Action: Frame subset of possibilities. 1/14th chance of three different varieties of weird, two of which could false-paint people as good, and then another 1/14th of Action: Redirect under the control of a fellow Scum, perhaps.

Which is why it's nice to rule out some people having (at any given moment, given that things chsnge) some skills.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 27, 2017, 10:32:09 am »

Cheese buckets :I I knew Leafsnail was town.[/complimentarycompliment]

yo dudes, why're y'all voting Kingawsume and Shakerag :V

Shakerag: Yo bro, what you do @_@

Also TDS is Town :V just so y'all know.
No I'm not claiming anything. But I have PMs telling me THINGS O____O [/notthatmymentionofLeafsnailwaspartofit]

SO there's been a blackout and I've MANY THINGS due in the next two days (one is my Chapter 1 portion of research tomorrow and two is BOARD EXAM on Sunday/Monday) so I may be inactive for bits. I shall be posting though! D:<

But seriously why're y'all voting for those peeps.
I could, but I don't know if he could, so I can't say whether we both could. However, I think the reason for his vote is that Leafsnail had voted for Shakerag, and possibly also that Leafsnail had vouched for me after Shakerag voted for me, and now Leafsnail is dead.
You're town too :V
So fish.

But seriously. Why're you speaking for someone else who you have no idea about rather than your perspective of view?

THAT LEAVES THE REST OF YOU! O____O

FallacyofUrist: What did YOU do last night obligatory: where were you on the night of the 26th in which we all took a hearty night's dinner together and you help up a BUTTER KNIFE to cut CHEESE?! @_@

Also people confirmed actions IN THE DAY DURING D1. I would like them to talk about it.

Tiruin, you just voted twice. Anything you want to tell us?

I could, but I don't know if he could, so I can't say whether we both could. However, I think the reason for his vote is that Leafsnail had voted for Shakerag, and possibly also that Leafsnail had vouched for me after Shakerag voted for me, and now Leafsnail is dead.

If scum wanted Leafsnail dead for any reason beyond he just seems town, it was probably for this:
I have gained some information and I believe this game might be breakable, particularly if anyone has any relevant day actions. I will detail my thoughts on this llater

My night action didn't do anything.(Blaming Tiruin for that)

Maximum Spin honestly I'm starting to agree with Shakerag now. We need you out of the way so we can actually scumhunt.

@shakerag I intended to vote, however I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after the round was over

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - N1 - Draw at Sundown
« Reply #198 on: October 27, 2017, 10:40:30 am »

The IP logs are dredged through, the old debate over the possibility of masking and VPNs is dragged over, and all along the players begin to rack up votes for booting.

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Fallacy of Urist - [1] Tiruin
NJW2000
Starver
Maximum Spin - [2] FallacyofUrist, juicebox
Shakerag - [1] kingawsume
4maskwolf
kingawsume - [1] Maximum Spin
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox
No lynch

Hammer: 6. Day ends 1st Nov 2.30AM, or ideally at hammer.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 27, 2017, 11:37:38 am »

Tiruin, you just voted twice. Anything you want to tell us?
Votecount says she only has a single vote.

Why are you blaming Tiruin for that?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 27, 2017, 11:56:53 am »

I need to unpack your explanation a little, Max, as it seems to me that Gifting has been heavily at play, on top of any swapping, given all confirmed people have two available Actions and I don't yet know enough to be even half sure of anything, though I am just about half sure of something else, rounded down, for all the good it does me.
I can confirm that I don't have two available actions, which is a little disappointing. However let's just say that I could be somewhat useful tonight if I live through the day! If anybody mass-gifted an action, it was targetted in such a way as to (however it happens to work) exclude me. If it's "give to everyone except your target's target", as has been implied, I would guess that it was targetted at codybob1999, since I can confirm that last night I was informed of myself. :P (implying he randomly targetted me with the inform your target of your target action)

If scum wanted Leafsnail dead for any reason beyond he just seems town, it was probably for this:
[...]

Maximum Spin honestly I'm starting to agree with Shakerag now. We need you out of the way so we can actually scumhunt.
See, this is an example of the importance of reading comprehension! I didn't say a word about why scum would want Leafsnail dead – I just gave my interpretation of kingawsume's rather terse explanation of his own vote.

Incidentally, my vote stands.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 27, 2017, 12:14:47 pm »

The inform of oneself action was me. Not that the claim is very meaningful now that most people have two actions.

But this suggests that the gifter targeted me.
One wheel short of a wagon

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 27, 2017, 02:49:57 pm »

General Rule Reminder: You can only perform one action per phase unless the action states otherwise.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 27, 2017, 04:19:14 pm »

I can confirm that I don't have two available actions, which is a little disappointing.
Ah, so you targeted me. What were you trying to do to me?

But this suggests that the gifter targeted me.
I targeted BlackHeartKabal. I intend to target a different person each night to reduce the chance of someone predicting my action and taking advantage of that.
~~~
People who target me during the night likely won't get gifts. This isn't necessarily the case, but it becomes more likely if I keep who I'm going to target a secret.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 27, 2017, 04:22:40 pm »

As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night. Either you misread your ability description, or, more likely, you are lying and mafia.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 27, 2017, 04:26:32 pm »

As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night.
If you targeted nobody, you should have gained an action from my Santa Party. If you targeted somebody other than me(probably), you should have gained an action.

You are lying mafia.

I have an ace in the hole here. Santa Party was originally Shakerag's action. He knows what it says. Meaning he can confirm my statement.

Shakerag: Please read the above.
Generic Arms Race.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 27, 2017, 04:37:18 pm »

Hum. Dum fun stuff. This "Swap" action seems like a day action--I've been swapped and lost my ORIGINAL ABILITY (written as such so allegedly people can assume freely if I have or if I have not have a gift or stuff) that I used on TDS and Leafsnail (Found Leafsnail targeted me, TDS did NUTHANG). [Tracker ability]

Some jerk gave me the swap ability instead. -_-

PFP because I NEED SLEEP AND IT IS 5:32AM AND BOARD EXAMS :D

I have gained some information and I believe this game might be breakable, particularly if anyone has any relevant day actions. I will detail my thoughts on this llater

@shakerag I intended to vote, however I fell asleep and didn't wake up until after the round was over
juicebox Blame me for what? I didn't touch you at all.

Also I'm not double voting--votecounts prove these things even if it seems like that. Sometimes players go "wait what is s/he/they doing, MOD VOTECOUNT" in games prior and stuff, to check if they're paranoid. :P Lookin' at you 4maskwolf.
OF WHOM WE NEED MORE ACTIVITY FROM LIKE SOME OTHERS TOO.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 27, 2017, 04:39:43 pm »

FofU: Well, the good news is I'm reasonably confident you're not mafia now, because you'd have to be really stupid to stake your reputation on calling me mafia like that knowing I'd turn out to be town when the day ended.

I'm still suspicious of kingawsume but I'm going to have to split the difference and call 4maskwolf.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 27, 2017, 04:40:39 pm »

(sorry didn't read Tiruin's post first)
Tiruin, feel free to target me, I've had swap like twice now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 27, 2017, 04:42:07 pm »

(sorry didn't read Tiruin's post first)
Tiruin, feel free to target me, I've had swap like twice now.
PFP BECAUSE I'M GRUMPY AND ANY POSTS MADE BETWEEN NOW AND MY PREVIOUS ONE IS ME BEING GRUMPY BEGAUZE SLEEP AAURGH

WHY WOULD I WANT TO GET TWO SWAPS. IT WASTES MY ACTION. I CAN ONLY USE ONE ACTION PER NIGHT OR WHATEVER IS WRITTEN ON THE OP.

Why are you voting 4maskwolf?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 38