Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76298 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #225 on: October 28, 2017, 02:17:03 am »

- Tiruin
- TheDarkStar
- Fallacy of Urist
- NJW2000
- Starver
- Maximum Spin
- Shakerag
- 4maskwolf
- kingawsume
- BlackHeartKabal
- juicebox
Day 1
Nope no day action [Night instead]
??? (I say he didn't act N1 because I tracked him and Leafsnail)
??? (Sounds clueless and votes Max S because 'lying')
??? (Probably not him given the clueless tone like me)
Max.S' dayswap
Has Night action instead
See: Max S.
???
???
???

Ho hum, looks like the QUIET PEOPLE who aren't posting much COULD BE THE CULPRIT or we've got overt scum acting in the day.
Could you use the table properly? Ten/eleven TRs with two TDs in each wouldn't look like an attempt to obfuscate by uneven sizing (due to emoticon line-height being other than quote embeded text lineheight), and I'd be sure what you were linking against my name.

For the record, I don't appear to have suffered a Swap, D1 certainly not, but you'll have to wait about five hours before I'm finished with some offline stuff before I can work out the useful 'info' I saw claimed from someone else.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 28, 2017, 03:08:17 am »

Huh :o I didn't notice the emoticons made it uneven (nor did I notice that it was an emoticon in the first place .___.)

Could you use the table properly? Ten/eleven TRs with two TDs in each wouldn't look like an attempt to obfuscate by uneven sizing (due to emoticon line-height being other than quote embeded text lineheight), and I'd be sure what you were linking against my name.
Hum, either pointy scum or really pointy townie[/hmm]

Eh, either way I linked it to what seems to be the person on the left :v It didn't look uneven when I previewed it before the post (most likely due to sleep lack)

For the record, I don't appear to have suffered a Swap, D1 certainly not, but you'll have to wait about five hours before I'm finished with some offline stuff before I can work out the useful 'info' I saw claimed from someone else.
People claimed stuff. Much stuff already in public.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 28, 2017, 04:03:46 am »

The player's avatars start exchanging gear, swapping helmets and bucklers as they head into a level appropriate instant. Just because they were internally divided and at each other's throats didn't mean they couldn't still raid.

Vote Count
Tiruin
TheDarkStar
Fallacy of Urist
NJW2000
Starver
Maximum Spin - [2] FallacyofUrist, juicebox
Shakerag - [1] kingawsume
4maskwolf - [1] Maximum Spin
kingawsume
BlackHeartKabal
juicebox  - [1] Tiruin
No lynch

Hammer: 6. Day ends 1st Nov 2.30AM, or ideally at hammer.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 28, 2017, 04:08:54 am »

I only have one action.
Hold up, this isn't a semantic dispute about "action" vs "ability", where you were gifted an ability, or started with one, and ended up with one passive as well, or something? And you didn't target anyone, neither you nor FoU are lying, and this is a massive pointless misunderstanding?

Because if it is, I'm liable to lynch you for being annoying.
One wheel short of a wagon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 28, 2017, 06:33:09 am »

Interesting ability you've got, kingawsume.

You've never said anything towards the discussion prior, or to other people--merely to how people are in a theme of 'leading you up'. You haven't also mentioned much towards other players when opportunity for discussion presented itself. Could I ask who you targeted last night?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 28, 2017, 08:10:55 am »

Tiruin, you just voted twice. Anything you want to tell us?
Votecount says she only has a single vote.

My night action didn't do anything.(Blaming Tiruin for that)
Why are you blaming Tiruin for that?

Due to the way my ability works, it's technically her fault that it did nothing.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 28, 2017, 09:17:49 am »

To help @Tir, I'm offering the following reformatting,to explain my apparent pointyness.

...Day 1
- TiruinNope no day action [Night instead]
- TheDarkStar?? (I say he didn't act N1 because I tracked him and Leafsnail)
- Fallacy of Urist?? (Sounds clueless and votes Max S because 'lying')
- NJW2000?? (Probably not him given the clueless tone like me)
- StarverMax.S' dayswap
- Maximum SpinHas Night action instead
- ShakeragSee: Max S.
- 4maskwolf??
- kingawsume??
- BlackHeartKabal??
- juicebox
Took line per line, but unequal. (Also shortened ??? to?? to avoid emoji.)  I really need to follow the links to see where you might have omitted the second-column item for which first-column one, and thus where to shuffle them properly to.

In other news: I was Day Actioned upon. At least one other person now ought to re-read what I've already said and discover the references I left in there, maybe useful to establish trust. Or at least realise what I'm claiming is true. I don't know how this would help confirm anybody's alignment, though.

More work needed to understand it all, though, myself. Will be home in an hour, tops. More then.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 28, 2017, 11:33:57 am »

As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night. Either you misread your ability description, or, more likely, you are lying and mafia.
Maximum Spin

Man, how did I not connect the dots here earlier.  I think I just wanted to see how much of a hole MS could dig for himself.  Late D1, my santa ability was swapped with a swap ability.  Right at the beginning of D2 I dayswapped the swap ability with Maximum Spin.  You know what I got?  An ability that starts with "Once per night you can ...".

No night-usable action during the night, eh?

Everyone:  Was anyone able to "target two targets" last night?

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 28, 2017, 01:41:53 pm »

Nope. I only had one

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 28, 2017, 02:03:00 pm »

No night-usable action during the night, eh?
I ended up with a night-usable action at the end of the night - something about brainwashing people into performing a random action? - but I was told it was too late to use it because the night was over. Then I immediately lost it, now I know why.

juicebox, I guess, mostly just to keep myself afloat.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 28, 2017, 02:12:47 pm »

I gained an ability at the end of the night and it did not come with any sort of additional message about not being able to use it right then...

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 28, 2017, 02:15:49 pm »

I asked.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 28, 2017, 02:22:19 pm »

Everyone:  Was anyone able to "target two targets" last night?
Nope, one target. Iirc, I targeted MaximumSpin.

I'm so lost on the thing with Max, Shakerag, abilities, etc. No matter how many times I read it, I can't grasp it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 28, 2017, 02:38:08 pm »

eh... if people like BHK don't post much, we're going to have to lynch them on principle. Oh well.

MaximumSpin: so why did you vote kingawesume at the start of day 2, then provide no justification for the vote after two people asked you to?  More generally, what's with the random unexplained votes on people?

I mean, given that the two of you were in agreement with the nolynch being a possibility, I certainly didn't expect the vote. To be honest, it seems a bit like you had a narrow escape (for which I apologise again, everyone) and panicked, attacking the weakest looking player.

You said that you were "still suspiscious" of kingawesume. You know if you die today, which you probably will, it could be useful to town to know what you found suspiscious. Because possibly nobody else noticed it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 28, 2017, 02:57:19 pm »

Tiruin's analysis of my motives was adequate for this purpose. I can assure you that I never vote randomly. Or from panic, although I will vote to make a tie if I'm in the majority and the opportunity arises, of course. Self-preservationg being what it is.

If I went into detail about the need for that vote, it would change the equilibrium and I'd then have to re-account for that when considering the data. It's safe to say that I was skeptical of his "oh well I might just be a total naïf getting suckered" act.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 38