Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 76247 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #240 on: October 28, 2017, 05:30:15 pm »

Everyone:  Was anyone able to "target two targets" last night?
Not me.
~~~
I'm so lost on the thing with Max, Shakerag, abilities, etc. No matter how many times I read it, I can't grasp it.
Well here's how it goes.

I stole Shakerag's ability on Day 1 after my role was switcheroed and I got a swap ability. Shakerag's ability, as he said in public, let him give a random ability to most everyone. Target a player, give an ability to everyone who isn't targeting [random player targeting my target].

I used the mass gifting ability on BHK Night 1.

Maximum Spin claimed(see below) that they didn't gain an ability.
If anybody mass-gifted an action, it was targetted in such a way as to (however it happens to work) exclude me.

The only way for Spin to not have gained an ability would be for them to target [random player targeting BHK], probably me. I pointed this out.

They said they didn't target anyone last night(see below).
As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night.

They said they didn't get an ability, and they said they targeted nobody. Based on the wording of the mass gifting ability, which both I and Shakerag can confirm, this is contradictory. Impossible. Ergo, Spin is lying.

And for good measure:
I ended up with a night-usable action at the end of the night - something about brainwashing people into performing a random action? - but I was told it was too late to use it because the night was over. Then I immediately lost it, now I know why.
After we caught Spin in the lie, he claimed to have gained a night action and then have it stolen. Which contradicts what he said earlier about not having gained a night action, unless he meant that the action he mentioned here was swapped to him instead of given to him.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 28, 2017, 05:36:09 pm »

I said the following: I only had one action at the time of that post, I targetted nobody last night, I didn't have a night-usable action during that night, and I briefly had a night-usable action after the end of the night that was then immediately swapped out with the swap action, which I used to acquire the one action I had at the time of that post. All of these facts are true. Reading anything more into them than the words state is inadvisable.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 28, 2017, 05:37:52 pm »

If anybody mass-gifted an action, it was targetted in such a way as to (however it happens to work) exclude me.
I ended up with a night-usable action at the end of the night - something about brainwashing people into performing a random action? - but I was told it was too late to use it because the night was over. Then I immediately lost it, now I know why.

These appear to contradict each other. You didn't get an action, you did get an action.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 28, 2017, 05:42:21 pm »

:shrug: I had one action beforehand and one action afterward, man. Don't ask me what happened in between, since I don't know how your alleged mass-gifting action works.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 28, 2017, 05:49:32 pm »

alleged
Tell that to Shakerag.

I don't know how your alleged mass-gifting action works.
See below.
Target a player, give an ability to everyone who isn't targeting [random player targeting my target].
Generic Arms Race.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 28, 2017, 05:50:01 pm »

Everyone:  Was anyone able to "target two targets" last night?
I don't have anything that can target anyone.
I used the mass gifting ability on BHK Night 1.
I'll confirm *something* changed with me, yes. I guess that means it's you, or you're just capitalizing on someone else's action.

Do we not have any actual lead, that we're going to have to lynch by policy to do something?

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #246 on: October 28, 2017, 05:53:41 pm »

Interesting ability you've got, kingawsume.

You've never said anything towards the discussion prior, or to other people--merely to how people are in a theme of 'leading you up'. You haven't also mentioned much towards other players when opportunity for discussion presented itself. Could I ask who you targeted last night?
Soory about not posting, as I have benn enjpying my weekend, insofar. I didn't target anyone last night; I couldn't, as my ability relied on someone being dead.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #247 on: October 28, 2017, 05:54:58 pm »

EWAP: I no loger have this ability; it was swapped.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 28, 2017, 06:47:10 pm »

Incidentally, the entire premise of the argument has become invalid because I somehow acquired another action since then.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 28, 2017, 07:09:17 pm »

Incidentally, the entire premise of the argument has become invalid because I somehow acquired another action since then.
Could you please elaborate? Especially about how it invalidates the argument entirely, because I can't follow that reasoning.
Generic Arms Race.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 29, 2017, 04:15:59 am »

Could someone PLEASE tally everything that came up thus far? -.- I would but then BOARD EXAMS AND ANXIETY :I
And seriously. Activity guys.

Interesting ability you've got, kingawsume.

You've never said anything towards the discussion prior, or to other people--merely to how people are in a theme of 'leading you up'. You haven't also mentioned much towards other players when opportunity for discussion presented itself. Could I ask who you targeted last night?
Soory about not posting, as I have benn enjpying my weekend, insofar. I didn't target anyone last night; I couldn't, as my ability relied on someone being dead.
That doesn't say anything. Because I'm reading YOUR ABILITY and it doesn't show that requirement. Anywhere.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 29, 2017, 04:46:16 am »

Toony Bomb
Once per night you can inform your target of your target. Action: Inform.

Once per night you can receive a list of a third of the role names in play. Action: Census.

Alignment: Town

Okay, I didn't notice this at the start of the day because I ignored CodyBob's abilities, but what the actual fuck.

This is my role. Same name, same abilities as I had at the end of the night.

I don't get this game. Sorry for not seeing this earlier. Any thoughts?
One wheel short of a wagon

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 29, 2017, 04:51:31 am »

Tiruin: Nah man, can confirm kingawsume had an action relying on people being dead immediately after the start of the day. Because I have it now due to swappery.

NJW2000: He was probably randomly chosen to morph into you because you targetted me when I had that people-randomly-morph-into-same-role-as-people-who-target-you passive, as you said you did that when explaining why I got the message.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 29, 2017, 05:18:42 am »

Makes sense.
One wheel short of a wagon

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 29, 2017, 07:49:38 am »

I'm still drowning in incomplete information from everyone else, and Real Life commitments, so I'm still behind on my own compiling process.

Meanwhile, though, I've decided to give you my own rough timeline:

Started D1 (as everybody) with one Action. A (once) Night Action that does something potentially interesting. (I hinted as to what this was, and I can prove it.)

N1, used my one Action upon someone to no immediately obvious result (hoping to find out exactly what resulted of it, still)
Later N1, gained a second action (despite my having Actioned, please note) that is a (once) Day Action that does not affect anyone.

D2, used my (added) Day Action first thing. (I also hinted as to what it was.)
Later D2, I was Swapped, entirely, to gain one Day Action (which I can't use, having used my Day, which is probably handy) and a Twice Per Night that is far too interesting for my liking, but will probably have to be used if I get the chance.

Incidentally current Role title is half-identical to the pre-swap Role title. So if the D2 swap was a whole-identity-swap one on one with another (rather than put together from multiple others), that person should recognise what I've said about what I had removed and also what it was that I now have and that they lost. If it doesn't match so neatly, that indicates multiple re-shufflings.  (By my reading, a whole-identity-swap wasn't possibly initiated by the person I would have swapped with, so either a third-party was involved or we've got mix'n'match going on that just happened to refresh everything in my case. Except alignment.)

Sounds like some people know their part in my story, and some might not yet realise it. I can open up my more obscure pre-hinting clues to handshake additional confirmation, as necessary.

@Tir wants more information (for better or for worse) and this should help start the tapestry. It won't help with Alignment confirmations or the Mafiawide kill usage, but it should help pin down the entire action-set in play, if everyone is willing.

Over to you, everyone...
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 38